PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Shane Vereen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Ridley, Vereen and Bolden have all showed pop. And until he got hurt against TB, I thought Vereen was starting to put some distance between himself and the other two. Then he came up gimpy, and I was back to wondering whether he can be relied upon.

What none of them have shown is the ability to be CONSISTENT!!! There is nothing more important for this coach and as a professional. They all burst at times, which is nice to see. There is upside. But they need to eliminate the negative plays. All of them do. That is one thing that made BJGE so valuable; he always made positive yards, even if he got caught behind the LOS, he seemed to lean forward for a yard.

I think our season will hinge, in large part, on whether one of these three will establish himself as a reliable RB to carry the ball.

One last thought, we need to give all three young RBs some credit for running behind an OL that is very much a work in progress. Hard to get into a rhythm when your RT played the second quarter at OC, and your RG never played against NFL players before just a few weeks ago.

As opposed to last year:

Faulk
Green-Ellis
Woodhead
Ridley
Vereen

Well Faulk was carried in the PUP so he wasnt in the initial 53 man roster.

Also I gotta point out that it came to mind watching last nights game that your 25 offensive players doesnt have a single fullback. One active fullback is mandatory, right?

Well Faulk was carried in the PUP so he wasnt in the initial 53 man roster.

Also I gotta point out that it came to mind watching last nights game that your 25 offensive players doesnt have a single fullback. One active fullback is mandatory, right?
Don't need a fullback on a 53 man roster. At worst, I have Kettani on the practice squad, just in case the New England Patriots incur a rash of injuries at the running back position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes