PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Shane Vereen

Status
Not open for further replies.
If people want to worry about stuff...worry that we really are going to "I" formation/ snail's pace offense.

What's up with that? How did people pass out of that?

If this keeps up, ken will have to go to the games in a Delauren and Ian will have wear spandix.:eek:

Ofcourse, maybe patchick will do the Jane Fonda video in those leg warmer things.
>>>>>>>>>>

Last edited:
Well I've argued many times on this board and other places regarding the talent level of certain players and have read and heard a lot of obnoxious posts similar to the one you just left, only to be proven correct in the long run. So, I'll take your opinion with a grain of salt.

:rolleyes::confused::enranged::nono::wha::violent::steamed::confused3:

By the way Bolden hasn't shown it on the field yet but Vereen has, right? Their rushing stats are nearly identical in the preseason

If you want your opinion to be taken seriously, don't make ridiculous comments such as he hasnt got the speed to be an NFL Runnning Back? :confused2:

You even said he hasn't got the burst :rolleyes:

Both are silly comments. Watch the tape.

You can compare the stats all you want but you won't see the true story unless you watch them both.

Absolutely agree if you say he's an unproven commodity because that's what he is. I've seen enough flashes though and enough tape to ridicule your two statements though.

Last edited:
Feel free to provide your rebuttal then.

Of what little i have seen from Both, Bolden is CLEARLY a better runner than Vereen. I'll also add Vereen runs very Maroneyish to me...doesn't run or move as Fast as advertised. I hope he proves me wrong but Riddley and Woodhead with Bolden spelling Riddley occasionally is the Patriot RB's in 2012. P.s. Demps might be ahead of Vereen for all we know.

Your problem is ken's point just flies over your head.

Ya might want to join forces with Illegal Contact and search for the corner in the round room.

Sorry, but no. I asked him if he was describing Vereen as a dynamic runner, something I've heard countless times.

Your internet tough guy routine never gets old. Did you have fun playing dress up at the nerd convention?

Last edited:
If you want your opinion to be taken seriously, don't make ridiculous comments such as he hasnt got the speed to be an NFL Runnning Back? :confused2:

You even said he hasn't got the burst :rolleyes:

Both are silly comments. Watch the tape.

You can compare the stats all you want but you won't see the true story unless you watch them both.

Absolutely agree if you say he's an unproven commodity because that's what he is. I've seen enough flashes though and enough tape to ridicule your two statements though.

Ridley runs with more speed and power, can get to the outside and can break tackles. I haven't seen Vereen do much of either. Running in a straight line or untouched through a busted play is not what I'm talking about.

NFL game speed, I just don't see it.

Sorry, but no. I asked him if he was describing Vereen as a dynamic runner, something I've heard countless.

Your internet tough guy routine never gets old. Did you have fun playing dress up at the nerd convention?

:confused:

"never gets old".....? This a football not a dating site.

Who exactly are you? Why do you take such interest in pfip's posting? You do realize you are not pfip's type?

A few hot "slave" Liea's can attest to that!:D

BTW, pfip jr enjoyed it greatly.:)

:confused:

"never gets old".....? This a football not a dating site.

Who exactly are you? Why do you take such interest in pfip's posting? You do realize you are not pfip's type?

A few hot "slave" Liea's can attest to that!:D

BTW, pfip jr enjoyed it greatly.:)

I'm glad pfip jr enjoyed it but you sound confused, very confused.

I am sometimes very confused at how some people can see the exact opposite of what I see. Apparently, the exact opposite of what the Patriots see as well, since Vereen had been running with the first team before he got hurt.

Of what little i have seen from Both, Bolden is CLEARLY a better runner than Vereen. I'll also add Vereen runs very Maroneyish to me...doesn't run or move as Fast as advertised. I hope he proves me wrong but Riddley and Woodhead with Bolden spelling Riddley occasionally is the Patriot RB's in 2012. P.s. Demps might be ahead of Vereen for all we know.

Did you only see one run from each guy? If you've watched them both play in every game, I don't see how you can come to that conclusion. Bolden did have some good runs against the scrubs, though.

what exactly has Vereen done to show he cannot be a running back in the NFL. I saw a very talented RB with receiving skills as well against the Saints. Then he injured his ankle.

This entire situation reminds me of the CJ Spiller situations a few years back. Similiar playing styles and sometimes those types are players get completely shut out of games. Because they are not feature backs they are smaller shift players who need to get touches in space.

Ridley and Bolden are inside runners with the speed to get outside. That's why they're more consistent game to game. Vereen offers big play potential they don't.

I have only one issue with Vereen. He sometimes hesitates when is supposed to hit a designated gap. He runs very well on sweeps and behind screens, but his dives lack confidence.

Ofc that might be due to his size. But whatever reason he has for it, it will hurt him in the long run if he cant get over it. Happy feet can kill your career pretty fast, ask Maroney if you dont believe.

I have only one issue with Vereen. He sometimes hesitates when is supposed to hit a designated gap. He runs very well on sweeps and behind screens, but his dives lack confidence.

Ofc that might be due to his size. But whatever reason he has for it, it will hurt him in the long run if he cant get over it. Happy feet can kill your career pretty fast, ask Maroney if you dont believe.
With that said, the New England Patriots offensive line has not been exactly stellar the last two preseason games.

With that said, the New England Patriots offensive line has not been exactly stellar the last two preseason games.

Less than stellar is kinda polite. ;)

But that issue first came into my mind last season, in those few games he carried the ball in. I do admit that the sample size is too small for any real conclusions. Hence I'm only "concerned", and not ready to dump him. :)

Last edited:
Less than stellar is kinda polite. ;)
There is a precipitous decline in offensive guard production from the combination of Mankins/Waters to whoever else is on the roster.

But that issue first came into my mind last season, in those few games he carried the ball in. I do admit that the sample size is too small for any real conclusions. Hence I'm only "concerned", and not ready to dump him. :)
Aside from Greg Bedard, who else wants to cut Shane Vereen?

There is a precipitous decline in offensive guard production from the combination of Mankins/Waters to whoever else is on the roster.

Yeah. Here's to Waters coming to his senses and NOT retiring. :eat2:

Aside from Greg Bedard, who else wants to cut Shane Vereen?

I thought that was the topic of this conversation, at least based on the few posts that I read. Bolden/Demps/Vereen final cuts.

My guess is Bolden. Demps has more special teams value, and he also brings a new options to the no huddle offense with his speed.

Yeah. Here's to Waters coming to his senses and NOT retiring. :eat2:

I thought that was the topic of this conversation, at least based on the few posts that I read. Bolden/Demps/Vereen final cuts.

My guess is Bolden. Demps has more special teams value, and he also brings a new options to the no huddle offense with his speed.
Considering there are five viable options currently at the wide receiver position (Slater wide receiver in name only roster designation), there is room to keep five running backs on the roster:

QB - 3 (Brady, Mallett, Hoyer)
RB - 5 (Woodhead, Ridley, Vereen, Bolden, Demps)
TE - 3 (Gronkowski, Hernandez, Fells)
WR - 5 (Welker, Branch, Lloyd, Edelman, Slater)
OL - 9 (Solder, Vollmer, Cannon, Mankins, Koppen, Connolly, Wendell, Thomas, Waters/McDonald)

25 Offensive Players

Considering there are five viable options currently at the wide receiver position (Slater wide receiver in name only roster designation), there is room to keep five running backs on the roster:

QB - 3 (Brady, Mallett, Hoyer)
RB - 5 (Woodhead, Ridley, Vereen, Bolden, Demps)
TE - 3 (Gronkowski, Hernandez, Fells)
WR - 5 (Welker, Branch, Lloyd, Edelman, Slater)
OL - 9 (Solder, Vollmer, Cannon, Mankins, Koppen, Connolly, Wendell, Thomas, Waters/McDonald)

25 Offensive Players

Seems to add up and make sense. Five RBs just seems like a lot for a team used to passing the ball as much as we do.

But I cannot honestly argue about anyone on the list or out of it.

You're welcome to that opinion but I don't agree with it one bit. Bolden needs a lot of work but in the end he could be a handy back. Vereen has shown glimpses of explosive ability. The question mark will be durability.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back