PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

semi-OT: Woodhead Appreciation Thread (chargers week edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigballas

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
When the schedule was announced, this was one of the games I was looking forward to and seeing Woody out there. Just wanted to take a moment and remember all that Woody did for us...he's one of the guys that I see as "graduated" from the pats organization rather than "defected". He's one of the only guys I can recall from recent memory that has left us to go to another team that I really like and want him to succeed (not necessarily his team though).

I know we got rid of him because we viewed Vereen as the same function and a bigger, more athletic upgrade, but I can help remember the number of times Woody would be clutch for us, whether it be dependably catching a screen (or check down) out of the back field and making something out of nothing, or running one of those (stupid) McD draws up the middle on 3rd and long and somehow getting us a first down. From everything I've seen and heard, he's a good kid and was a model Patriot. Shame that he's still not with us

Here's a toast to you Woody! Good luck on your recovery! (and with you and your kinds big movie coming out later this month ;))

...and yes, trying to pass time before the game. hate waiting for next game after a loss

Woodhead is going to be a free agent this offseason. . . . ;)

ETA: The catch at 1:50 or so in that video is amazing, and I still love the play that left JEST DL Mike DeVito trying to run him down at around 3:40. :)

Last edited:
Did you really mean to call this an appreciation "threat"? I could almost see it if he wasn't sidelined.

I think Woody would have been the MVP of SB 46 if the Pats had won.

I don't think I've ever threatened anyone with appreciation, but I'm intrigued by the idea.

I loved Woodhead when he was a Patriot. But, not so much last year ;)

My friend was in Vegas (a common occurrence) on a particular weekend and asked if I wanted to put

money on any games. Now, I don't gamble a lot mind you - I just like to make it interesting. Anyways,

I did a 4-team parlay for 500$. After sweating out the Chiefs/Giants (I feared Eli would ruin my life again) -

I easily won the next two. It all came down to the Chargers/Cowboys game which wasn't locally televised.

To make a long story short, Woodhead took over the game and the chargers mounted a ridiculous 2nd

half comeback to win the game.

Did you really mean to call this an appreciation "threat"? I could almost see it if he wasn't sidelined.
oops..trying to work and post...fixed

I've threatened at least four people this morning alone with Woodhead appreciation.
most power to you ;) ...last time I threatened someone with a woody...didn't go that well..lol

most power to you ;) ...last time I threatened someone with a woody...didn't go that well..lol

Did you beat the attempted rape charge?

Defense: "Where the f*** is Woodhead?"

Answer: Look behind you. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back