PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill Belichick Appreciation Thread

h0c2000

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
I don't see one. Bill's had so much success here, there's not much to add. So many good memories that outweigh any bad memories. Best of luck in the future and hope he beats Shula's record.

There are a bunch of fans who, until very recently, had never seen a bad Patriots team. The year BB lamented not being able to get through to his players, they were one of the NFL’s best and the reboot that followed 2009 brought us icons like Gronk, Edelman, DMac, Hightower and others…

No coach gets ‘two dynasties’. The “lean years” between the 2001-04 titles and the 2014-18 titles included two trips to the final game and a season that will likely live on forever.

BB was able to move on from hundreds of players without skipping a beat. Only a handful of them (looking at you, Asante) kept a grudge. In fact, guys like Branch, Chung, and Butler came BACK.

Historic winning. Amazing run.

And this…

b2_zps83172cd7.gif

This day would come eventually but it's just unfortunate it came with the team on a downtrend. Either way, what an epic run from an unconventional coach that did things his way. I'm going to miss his clever game day tactics and turning castaway players from other teams into solid contributors. I wish he would have found success here post-Brady to put the naysayers to bed but I'm glad he will have the opportunity to do it elsewhere.

Mods - my thread linked here can be merged into this thread.

Last edited:
In almost 30 years that he acted as de facto GM (incl CLE) Bill never had an opportunity to pick in the top 5.
He never gave himself that opportunity with his continuous, relentless success.
He loved those players, worked them out, craved to coach them, sometimes signed them much further down the road
but made them always out of reach on Draft night.

Browns had a #2 pick just before he took the GM duties there. And Pats have #3 just when he leaves.

He also leaves the organization with most Cap Space in the league over the next 3 years,
something he was never able to enjoy himself..

-.-

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Gave us 6 super bowls with 9 appearances. And many entertaining press conferences. I'm not one of the ones that wanted him gone, but it is what it is. Thank you Belichick for everything. Your the GOAT coach and will always be a Patriot.

Last edited:
In almost 30 years that he acted as de facto GM (incl CLE) Bill never had an opportunity to pick in the top 5.
He never gave himself that opportunity with his continuous, relentless success.
He loved those players, worked them out, craved to coach them, sometimes signed them much further down the road
but made them always out of reach on Draft night.

Browns had a #2 pick just before he took the GM duties there. And Pats have #3 just when he leaves.

He also leaves the organization with most Cap Space in the league over the next 3 years,
something he was never able to enjoy himself..

-.-
This is why it's baffling to fire him now. Despite what the geniuses on this board think, BB Is still the best talent evaluator in the biz and he finally has draft picks and money to actually do something with.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back