PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill’s first offer…

n6249c

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
<phone rings><please leave your message after the beep><BEEP>

Hi Bill, it’s Woody.

Hey, sorry to hear Robert got so impatient.

I want to assure you we’re not like that here.

We’re very patient, in fact we’re still waiting.

Well not all of us, Tuna moved on. But otherwise nothing has changed.

So whatever you want, just say the word and you’ve got it.

We’ll even buy you a new boat every year so you don’t have to keep changing the name.

Send us the draft of your contract and we’ll schedule the announcement.

Just one thing, no napkins at that announcement, okay?

<click>

<phone rings><please leave your message after the beep><BEEP>

Hi Bill, it’s Woody.

Hey, sorry to hear Robert got so impatient.

I want to assure you we’re not like that here.

We’re very patient, in fact we’re still waiting.

Well not all of us, Tuna moved on. But otherwise nothing has changed.

So whatever you want, just say the word and you’ve got it.

We’ll even buy you a new boat every year so you don’t have to keep changing the name.

Send us the draft of your contract and we’ll schedule the announcement.

Just one thing, no napkins at that announcement, okay?

<click>
If Belichick didn't actually hate the Jets with every fiber of his being, I could see this.

If the dolphins and bulls had fireable coaches, then I could see him stay in division.

I think he will pick an AFC team, if available, just so he can apply some of his pre-existing knowledge

The Bills losing early in the playoffs and firing McDermott is not out of the picture. If I'm BB I wait until Championship Game weekend before talking to anyone.

I think he will pick an AFC team, if available, just so he can apply some of his pre-existing knowledge
I really think it's the Falcons - they have a high enough pick to get one of the QBs, or just bring Kirk Cousins in for a couple of years - that offense is close, and that defense just needs some coaching - it's kind of a perfect situation for him. Especially if he brings McDaniels and Steve with him.

I think the Falcons or Commanders. And honestly I would prefer him the NFC so we don't have to face his team often .

Bills or Cowboys.

The Bucs

Bills or Cowboys.
I’ve been seeing speculation that Bill won’t join an AFC team, out of respect for Kraft.

so the ‘Boys seem more likely than the Bills.

incidentally this is the sort of nuance completely missed by the folks arguing Bill and Bod should’ve gone to the mat over adjusting Bill’s severance payout.

folks need to ask themselves, which is more important to Bill, $25 million, or passing Shula? Which is more important to Robert, $25 million, or having a pissed off Bill in the division motivated to make Kraft look bad by beating the Pats two or three times a season?

To me the Chargers are the no brainer but someone told me Bill would never play for the owners on here today.

Commanders just seem so dysfunctional and toxic. I know different owners.

OMG - could it be the Colts? Richardson looked good in his limited action.

Philadelphia? They have the QB and team and some noise about the HC.

I think he should go to a team with QB situation already clear as he has a limited window with his age. But then again he thought he could easily move on from Brady so he may not be worried about QB situation.

To me the Chargers are the no brainer but someone told me Bill would never play for the owners on here today.

I think he should go to a team with QB situation already clear as he has a limited window with his age. But then again he thought he could easily move on from Brady so he may not be worried about QB situation.
Imagine Philly … holy crap. Doubt it but …they definitely do respect each other.

I think the best chances in order are
1) Dallas
2) Tennesee
3) LA
Long shots
Chicago
Buffalo

a month ago I thought Washington seemed like a natural landing place for him, but their handling of things after they fired Rivera makes me think they're not a likely match.

I’d be surprised if BB would have any interest in working for Irsay.

if the Eagles or Dallas take an early playoff exit they could be contenders. It would be wild to see them both lose this weekend, setting up the possibility that Bill could have a choice between an 11 win team and a 12 win team. Wouldn’t that be a circus? But I doubt Jerry would jump at it, unless things really went unexpectedly sideways with McCarthy. So probably just a fantasy.

Last edited:

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back