PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill’s first offer…

I'm 36 and my parents are a few years younger than Bill and theyre starting to get a little squirrelly here and there.
I'm in my 60s and can't do anywhere the work I did in my 40s and 50s. But a lot of coaching is knowledge, I just think the NFL evolves and players do too and bill hasn't.

You're not a hater... but here you are still celebrating and lying about what was reported 35 pages in. Sounds legit...

giphy.gif
"Celebrating"... ok

I'm in my 60s and can't do anywhere the work I did in my 40s and 50s. But a lot of coaching is knowledge, I just think the NFL evolves and players do too and bill hasn't.
No one can ever speak to what this is based on. What is the innovation and what is beyond him? All the schemes are known, they're not even that new, they've been around for decades.

No one can ever speak to what this is based on. What is the innovation and what is beyond him? All the schemes are known, they're not even that new, they've been around for decades.
Bill being a student of football history, I was always hoping he'd use the single wing with Jules as tailback for a few plays. Would have been fun to see what the defenses would do.

Usually teams hire an intermediate HC after midseason firings. That said, if a SB contender not named SF or KC struggle out of the gate, I could see Bill taking over.

Bill would be perfect in Buffalo imo.

Usually teams hire an intermediate HC after midseason firings. That said, if a SB contender not named SF or KC struggle out of the gate, I could see Bill taking over.

Bill would be perfect in Buffalo imo.
It's a fun thought. I don't know if I see it going down like that just not how the NFL has ever functioned. I suppose if there's someone to break a trend for it would be Bill.

The Steve Young appearance on 98.5 is a bit weird for Young's claim the Patriots didn't draft a QB to replace Brady.

When Steve Young joined the 49ers, Joe Montana was 31 yrs old!!!! Montana played for another 3 full seasons with the 9ers before getting injured.

When Garoppolo was drafted, Tom Brady was 37 years old!!! That's a full 6 seasons later than the 9ers signing Montana's replacement.

AND.... the 49ers didn't even draft a replacement for Steve Young. They just signed Jeff Garcia when Young was all done.

So what the heck is he talking about?

So Bill is going back to school to learn how to relate to the next generation of NFL players. Checking that box for next season?

Plus he’ll be able to help his son with his homework.

The Steve Young appearance on 98.5 is a bit weird for Young's claim the Patriots didn't draft a QB to replace Brady.

When Steve Young joined the 49ers, Joe Montana was 31 yrs old!!!! Montana played for another 3 full seasons with the 9ers before getting injured.

When Garoppolo was drafted, Tom Brady was 37 years old!!! That's a full 6 seasons later than the 9ers signing Montana's replacement.

AND.... the 49ers didn't even draft a replacement for Steve Young. They just signed Jeff Garcia when Young was all done.

Carmazzi. He was in the Brady documentary. Dude was thought to be their future. Flopped and worked on a farm.

Carmazzi. He was in the Brady documentary. Dude was thought to be their future. Flopped and worked on a farm.
Jim Druckenmiller was the first QB in 1997 as they burned a 1st round pick on him. He was terrible. Then Carmazzi in 2000. Steve Mariucci had even said he thinks the Hall of Fame game against the Pats broke him. They signed Garcia to be the backup in the 1999 season before Young got concussed. Garcia did have some good years with the 49ers even though they were slowly deteriorating from horrendous drafts.

Jim Druckenmiller was the first QB in 1997 as they burned a 1st round pick on him. He was terrible. Then Carmazzi in 2000. Steve Mariucci had even said he thinks the Hall of Fame game against the Pats broke him. They signed Garcia to be the backup in the 1999 season before Young got concussed. Garcia did have some good years with the 49ers even though they were slowly deteriorating from horrendous drafts.
Ironically enough, he may be the last QB they had who wasn't considered a product of the HC. He was a very good QB. I think a guy you could win a SB with in his prime. Underrated.

A league executive telling you a fact is not a guess… unless you’re just desperate to say “BB sucks” so you have to lie about it.
Based on your biased BS, Boomer didn’t play for BB. He has no motivation to lie.

You just hate the report because you’re a BB hater.

Oops.

Wait for next year, we’ll have a good laugh at your expense. There’s no need to repeat yourself.
We're already laughing. At you. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ironically enough, he may be the last QB they had who wasn't considered a product of the HC. He was a very good QB. I think a guy you could win a SB with in his prime. Underrated.
It was a short window, but he was lighting up the NFL before injuries took over. Terrell Owens had his best years with Garcia, yet didn't like him for some reason.

Overall, the defense was pretty bad and the team couldn't match up with the Rams, Eagles, Panthers and Bucs during that 3 year window between 2000-2002.

That's not what I said. I said he'd probably still be better than some of the bums in the league.
Right. You said probably. What do you think that word means?

Anyway, let me clue you in on the old-age question. Age has nothing to do with a person's mental capacity and the two men running for President right now are proof positive. They're both around the same age but one of them can't put two coherent sentences together and PROBABLY can't debate the other.

Last edited:

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back