PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SD's Last 10 Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm referring to the front seven that led the NFL in sacks...check your facts.

Sacks are not the be all end all for a defense. But, hey, the Pats o-line gave up less sacks than the SD o-line (by 1). So, I am fairly confident that they can hold up against the Chargers.

Don't use injuries as an excuse, our D allowed 237 pts you D allowed 303, our D is better.

take a look at total sacks for vs sacks allowed:

NEW ENGLAND: 44 sacks for, 29 sacks allowed
SAN DIEGO: 61 sacks for, 28 sacks allowed

tell me which one you'd rather have.

The Pats aren't playing Chicago. They are playing San Diego. Sorry, but San Diego's front 7 are NOT the best in football. Not even close.

Cooper and Leber are average at best.
Thats why Leber is in Minnesota and Cooper is a backup being worked into the lineup for next season.

If your looking for a big weakness on the Chargers, you won't find one. The secondary is probably our weakest unit, but they are far from weak. Our defense is much better than the unit that held Brady and Co. to 17 last year in NE and shut them out in the 2nd half. And your receivers aren't as good as last year's.

Ummmmmmm, REGULAR SEASON DUDE. This is the postseason, I know it's not wholly familiar territory for you, at least ya never really seem to stick around long, BUT.

Things are different in the post-season. Take it from a bunch a veterans (us Pat's fans). Sit down, shut the F up, be humble with your number 1 seed, and cheer your team on come Sunday.

If the gods are shinning on ya, you could get past your toughest challenge yet, and after that, you only got to win 2 more games to get to the promised land.

Lemme tell ya, It's the greatest feelling when your team win's it all. In fact, I think the only better feeling is when they win it AGAIN ;) , and YET AGAIN ;) . If your lucky, you'll find out some time (just likely not this year)

Trash talking aside, good luck, you got a good team, and they've done well, but that all means squat come Sunday. Good luck.

Last edited:
The Pats aren't playing Chicago. They are playing San Diego. Sorry, but San Diego's front 7 are NOT the best in football. Not even close.

Cooper and Leber are average at best.

I can understand that you may think that SD's front 7 is NOT the best in football. But to say that they're not even close is a joke.

Please list which team's front 7 do you put above SD's and back it up.

The Chargers have been peaking at the right time for the last three months. They are 10-0 since their last loss in October.

I think this is going to be a tough game, but anyone who thinks the Pats front seven is better than the Chargers is on crack.

Actually, if you look, the Chargers have been SLIDING. The fact that you only managed to put up 20 on Seattle and on KC shows it. And, the Cardinals gave you guys a run for your money.

The Chargers may lead the league in sacks but they're tied for 17-19 in INT. I'd much prefer to take a sack or two and punt than turn the ball over.

The Pats will generally kill the clock and play field position when ahead confident in their ability to not blow a lead based on their history.

thank you for helping to explain to other patriots fans why the patriots allowed fewer points this year than the chargers. kudos to you. maybe they'll understand when it comes from a fellow patriot fan..

The Chargers may lead the league in sacks but they're tied for 17-19 in INT. I'd much prefer to take a sack or two and punt than turn the ball over.
Just depends on if the Chargers are lucky, our DB's have hands of stone, they could of easily had 35+ picks. Against the bills Drayton Florence dropped 2 pick 6's

Actually, if you look, the Chargers have been SLIDING. The fact that you only managed to put up 20 on Seattle and on KC shows it. And, the Cardinals gave you guys a run for your money.

the cardinals gave the BEARS a run for their money, not the chargers. the chargers had been without two of their three starting receivers (McCardell and Parker) and they STILL managed to pull out victories against seattle and KC.

I can understand that you may think that SD's front 7 is NOT the best in football. But to say that they're not even close is a joke.

Please list which team's front 7 do you put above SD's and back it up.

No. What is a joke is you San Diego fans coming in here and punding your chests and acting like we should give you respect for being stupid.

Sorry, but I believe that Chicago, the Pats, Baltimore, and even Carolina have better front 7's . Its probably on par with Pittsburgh's front 7.

OH, btw, its not a matter of how good the front 7 is. Its a matter of how good the defense is. The San Diego defense has given up an average of 21 points over its last 10 games. That says alot.

The Pats are the team peaking right now. Over 35 points a game over their last 4 games while only allowing a bit better than 16 points.

We went up 27-7 on the Cards and began pulling our starters. That game was never in doubt. We aren't sliding.

Rivers had a couple of off games while our receivers were banged up, but he's played really well this year. And he's the top rated passer in the 4th quarter, which means he plays his best when it counts most.

the cardinals gave the BEARS a run for their money, not the chargers. the chargers had been without two of their three starting receivers (McCardell and Parker) and they STILL managed to pull out victories against seattle and KC.

WOW. Without your two starting receivers? Big whoop dee dooo..... Its why teams typically carry 5-6 receivers.

Also, in the receiving pecking order, those two are behind Gates and and Ladanian. So, forgive me if I am not overly impressed.

You played your starting defense against the Cardinals the entire game and they were able to crawl back within a score.

Just depends on if the Chargers are lucky, our DB's have hands of stone, they could of easily had 35+ picks. Against the bills Drayton Florence dropped 2 pick 6's
Got you. If the Charger DBs didn't suck at getting INTs, they'd have a lot more INTs. Makes sense. Thanks.

No. What is a joke is you San Diego fans coming in here and punding your chests and acting like we should give you respect for being stupid.

Sorry, but I believe that Chicago, the Pats, Baltimore, and even Carolina have better front 7's . Its probably on par with Pittsburgh's front 7.

OH, btw, its not a matter of how good the front 7 is. Its a matter of how good the defense is. The San Diego defense has given up an average of 21 points over its last 10 games. That says alot.

The Pats are the team peaking right now. Over 35 points a game over their last 4 games while only allowing a bit better than 16 points.

please forgive DaBruinz. he doesn't watch any teams other than the patriots play. he reverts to name calling when presented with an opportunity to support his argument. "giving you respect for being stupid". haha.

chicago has a great front seven, so does baltimore. but the chargers are in the mix for being the best, if not THE best.

thank you for helping to explain to other patriots fans why the patriots allowed fewer points this year than the chargers. kudos to you. maybe they'll understand when it comes from a fellow patriot fan..

Actually I was refering to why the Pats didn't put up more points.

The main issue is that Rivers is struggling as the season goes along and teams get a book on his strengths and weakness and Brady is the best playoff in NFL history. Given that and Marty's record of futility in the palyoffs I can understand your obsession with 2nd tier stats like sacks and irrevant issues like the number of pro bowlers. The Pats players and fans care about Super Bowls not Pro Bowls *Brady didn't even show up last year, perhaps that why it was given to a guy like Rivers who will be excited to be there.

I didn't ask about the entire defense. You made the statement that SD's front 7 wasn't even close to being the best in the NFL. That's is the point I'm contending. Even if you think that Chicago, NE, Baltimore and Carolina's fron 7 are better, wouldn't SD still be close considering the number if teams in the NFL?

WOW. Without your two starting receivers? Big whoop dee dooo..... Its why teams typically carry 5-6 receivers.

Also, in the receiving pecking order, those two are behind Gates and and Ladanian. So, forgive me if I am not overly impressed.

You played your starting defense against the Cardinals the entire game and they were able to crawl back within a score.

starting defense, yes. starting offense? no. we started pulling our starters, namely rivers and ladanian. no offense means more scoring opportunities for the opposing team. that's how football works.. when you're not on offense, you're on defense.

here's a link for you, go study. http://www.nfl.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back