PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Scott Chandler Lets call it like it is

Status
Not open for further replies.
What you mean he isn't the second coming of Hernandez? People just had way too big expectations

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Ridiculous. He dropped a pass.

True, but a couple of weeks ago he deflected a catchable ball over the middle, that nearly turned into a pick.

His hands have been very unreliable to the point that Brady may stop looking in his direction.

I wouldn't want to cut him since TE is so hard to find, but he has been very disappointing to say the least.

I think he will likely not be on the team next year unless he picks up his game.

I thought he was better than what we are getting after we signed him Buffalo fans were like whatever! That was a miserable drop yesterday wide open for a Big gain with nobody around him.:rolleyes: I saw Big Mike Williams open a few times yesterday and Brady looked else where. Scott Chandler should be phase out of our Offense. If you are not getting Elite coverage he gotta make the Defense pay we dont need inconsistency now not with the current injuries on Offense. BB slogan is "Do Your Job" Scott Chandler is not doing his he should not be out there. TE Asante Cleveland on our looked good in Preseason.
He was signed to be a backup not a primary target. Poster choose to focus on a drop last night and not the touchdown he caught between 2 defenders and held onto through a big hit.

There's like less than 5 receivers that had that instant chemistry with Brady in his entire career (Moss, Welker, Gronk and Branch ), and that's correct: Edelman, Amdendola and Lafell are not on that list. Even Lafell was more advanced than the other two in terms of establishing chemistry with Brady.

Also, wasn't there a thread like this about Amendola a year or two ago?

when edelman had a real shot with brady, they clicked, same with lafell. even amendola had 10 catches against the bills his first game.

chandler's done nothing...no glimpses. even tim wright had a nice game against the bungles.

Memory doesnt serve. There were threads about Chandler's stone hands in August and in Sept. I just did a quick search and found my posts in those threads.

This is anything but revisionism.
It might not be revisionism from you--I'm not going to go back to find your posts, I'll trust that you thought he wasn't much good--but there's definitely some revisionism from a board standpoint. There were multiple threads with multiple posters where the overall vibe was this guy was going to really add something.

Look, it's partly human nature, in two ways. One, you don't want to crow about something you weren't on target about. So people who said, "this guy's going be a beast!" or raving how the red zone offense would really improve with him, aren't going to bring that up much now. Also, as fans we want to be positive, so there's some "yeah, this is what we thought, it's good we have him though" going on.

But there has been revisionism. Hell, I hope he starts tearing it up so people can start saying how they knew he'd come through.

Ok slight detour here. What the hell was he doing with his touchdown celebration? I thought he was doing that Dragon ball Z fusion stance (see pic below) but looking at the pic of him at the top of the page I don't know.
latest

when edelman had a real shot with brady, they clicked, same with lafell. even amendola had 10 catches against the bills his first game.

chandler's done nothing...no glimpses. even tim wright had a nice game against the bungles.

Yeah so It took Edelman over three years to gain Brady's trust. Amendola needed a little under 2 years. Lafell was Mr Bungles two weeks ago. I'm not really a fan of Chandler as the second tight end in our two tight end offense, since I feel that second TE needs to be a little more mobile. But Chandler still deserves a little more time, there have been a few glimpses.

Ok slight detour here. What the hell was he doing with his touchdown celebration? I thought he was doing that Dragon ball Z fusion stance (see pic below) but looking at the pic of him at the top of the page I don't know.
latest
That's exactly what my brother and I thought he was doing

I wonder what the Pats should do next year if they replace him.

Do you draft a guy or get a vet?

With Gronk, Edelman, Amendola, Lewis Lafell you have enough top end weapons (assuming you stay reasonably healthy). I think a really good 2nd TE be good but really all you should need a serviceable back up.

He's been a disappointment for me as I was hoping for big things, but I'm old so I have enough patience to over look a drop here or there.

This isn't Daniel Graham circa 2003 we're talking about.

Patsfan2 let's call it like it is: you are miserable. No matter how bright the sky you find a dark cloud in it. Get some Prozac, seek professional help, do something just spare us your never-ending misery.
Ivan, no need to go there. If PF2 bothers you that much, put him on ignore. That's what grown-ups do.

Chandler is what he is. He never had great hands. He does still give other teams something to worry about, but he cannot be relied on consistently.

"LaFell is what he is. He never had great hands. He does still give other teams something to worry about, but he cannot be relied on consistently." Wasn't that pretty much the sentiment around here early in LaFells tenure? The drop yesterday was horrendous, but there's still some hope.

Interestingly, Tim Wright came in with the stigma that he dropped a lot of passes and that's partly why he fell out of favor in TB. He did nothing but catch just about every pass thrown his way, albeit a very small sample size. Just saying . . . LOL

Nah, seriously, I really hope things pick up with him because we'll need him now I would imagine. He must start making more plays when he's targeted.

La Fell was awful when he first got here. You have selective memory. Actually, he was pretty awful early this year.

Interestingly, Tim Wright came in with the stigma that he dropped a lot of passes and that's partly why he fell out of favor in TB. He did nothing but catch just about every pass thrown his way, albeit a very small sample size. Just saying . . . LOL

Nah, seriously, I really hope things pick up with him because we'll need him now I would imagine. He must start making more plays when he's targeted.

Tim Wright currently is playing for the Lions. He has a whopping 8 catches.

Pats fans were saying similar things about Danny Ame
The big problem is that people expected Chandler to be a superstar, when he is, and has always been, a pretty average tight end. Which is something that is really good to have in case of an injury to Gronkowski, because it means that we still have someone that can do an okay job as an Y tight end.

Point. However, guys like this can have big games, as well. And when those big games come on a timely basis, all of a sudden it's- glad we have that guy on our team. Of course, Chandler would have big games against the NEP. Hmmmnnn....now, why do I suspect Chandler will have a big game (or two) in the playoffs? We'll see. o_O

I really like Chandler, I wish the Bill's could've kept both of them but they didn't. I just don't think he and Tom are on the same page yet but yes, Chandler is going to drop some balls but he can also make some pretty good ones and he (used to be) clutch for us bills fans when Fitz and Chan used him to no end in the end zone.

Of course, LaFell and Amendola started out slowly. Once they were more comfortable in the lineup, the big(er) plays started happening. And Amendola had a slow first year! Now, he's invaluable.

I saw him drop that ball and I went, that'll be on the forums monday lol.

I wonder if any of the same people were amongst those who quit on the team in the first half? :eek:

Of course, LaFell and Amendola started out slowly. Once they were more comfortable in the lineup, the big(er) plays started happening. And Amendola had a slow first year! Now, he's invaluable.

I wonder if any of the same people were amongst those who quit on the team in the first half? :eek:

Chandler will be good for you and he did have the TD catch so it's not like he's invisible. Thats what he does though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents