PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Scott Chandler Lets call it like it is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given the improvement in the run defense, I'd call that a win even if Chandler and Williams never catch another pass.
The run D has shown drastic improvement. Hicks has also played well in disrupting the pocket on a few passing downs as well.

you either have chemistry with brady instantly or you dont...there's no in between.
scott doesnt have it. the drop was so brutal, then gronk embarrasses him with the catch where the ball nearly hit the ground.

pats rather play williams who offers little in the passing game over chandler. says it all.
same thing happened to tim wright last year.

BB will continue looking for the perfect complimentary TE...we had the guy, until he started killing people.

you either have chemistry with brady instantly or you dont...there's no in between.
scott doesnt have it. the drop was so brutal, then gronk embarrasses him with the catch where the ball nearly hit the ground.

pats rather play williams who offers little in the passing game over chandler. says it all.

BB will continue looking for the perfect complimentary TE...we had the guy, until he started killing people.
This is an incomplete statement if you do not add the fact that Williams is a way better blocker and that, given the present situation of the O-Line, is at a premium right now.

This is an incomplete statement if you do not add the fact that Williams is a way better blocker and that, given the present situation of the O-Line, is at a premium right now.

giants were getting tons of pressure even with an extra man...
chandler isnt good enough to just stay in and chip a DE?? he's 260 pounds

Yeah, there does seem to now be a fair amount of it. If memory serves, I saw a lot of very excited posts about him after the acquisition. One would think we'll see a bit more of him with Jules being out and especially if the hamstring continues to keep Martin out.

Memory doesnt serve. There were threads about Chandler's stone hands in August and in Sept. I just did a quick search and found my posts in those threads.

This is anything but revisionism.

He is not impressive so far, but let's remember that LaFell looked terrible for the first four weeks last season. Giving him a bigger role in the offense made him better.

giants were getting tons of pressure even with an extra man...
chandler isnt good enough to just stay in and chip a DE?? he's 260 pounds
You're looking at one game, whereas my statement was looking at the season.

Yes, if by "all" you mean, "the OL is in shambles and Williams is a better blocker."

I thought he was better than what we are getting after we signed him Buffalo fans were like whatever! That was a miserable drop yesterday wide open for a Big gain with nobody around him.:rolleyes: I saw Big Mike Williams open a few times yesterday and Brady looked else where. Scott Chandler should be phase out of our Offense. If you are not getting Elite coverage he gotta make the Defense pay we dont need inconsistency now not with the current injuries on Offense. BB slogan is "Do Your Job" Scott Chandler is not doing his he should not be out there. TE Asante Cleveland on our looked good in Preseason.
He is a #2/#3 TE. You expecting him to be more than he is doesn't change that. He actually is doing his job it's just not the job you convinced yourself he would have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Given the improvement in the run defense, I'd call that a win even if Chandler and Williams never catch another pass.

Do you think Hicks is making that big a difference vs. just having the other DTs?

The problem for me is that he looks like Gronk when the camera pans to him on a pass attempt, and so I expect Gronk-level performance from him. Then I see it's 88, not 87, and I think 'Dead God, I hope he catches it at least...".

If nothing else, he's still a decent weapon around the goalline, but I don't expect him to reliably catch those vertical seam routes we're used to seeing Gronk haul in.

I don't even trust him on short TD passes. If I recall correctly, he dropped one of his first two opportunities of that kind and bobbled the other (but caught it and then got the TD anyway with some nifty footwork).

Looked like Brady and Chandler had chemistry on that TD catch

Do you think Hicks is making that big a difference vs. just having the other DTs?

They would have improved anyway, but Hicks has been a critical component in becoming an excellent run D.

If Hooman was a better receiver, the question might be worth debating, but you're only talking about 100-150 yards all year. And that's not even factoring in that Williams is a much better blocker, so Hooman wouldn't have been on the field as much anyway.

Still wish Chandler was more productive, but I do that trade again 100 times out of 100. :)

Yes. Hicks consistently makes at least a couple of plays every game where he is outstanding. Maybe it's because the guys around him help create opportunities, but he is still making plays.

He's gotta step up. Especially with the extra attention gronk is gonna get now that edleman is done

There's like less than 5 receivers that had that instant chemistry with Brady in his entire career (Moss, Welker, Gronk and Branch ), and that's correct: Edelman, Amdendola and Lafell are not on that list. Even Lafell was more advanced than the other two in terms of establishing chemistry with Brady.

Also, wasn't there a thread like this about Amendola a year or two ago?

It's funny. The OL looks about as suspect as it did yesterday and people are complaining about the TE2 that hauled in a TD pass. The trenches, and health there, are what we need to be concerned about with yesterday's game. This was the league's worst defense with an inept pass rush and they were on Brady like stink on **** whenever he had to hold the ball for more than two seconds. I'm praying at this point for the health of Vollmer and Cannon... and I don't even pray anymore.

Chandler is heading down the Tim Wright path to invisibility. Edelman's injury probably buys him more time to get off that path.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes