PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter Report: Falcons Plan to Hire Raheem Morris as Head Coach for 2024 season

you def could have benched him for mayfield after the saints game, cmon.
What does it take to convince you that the Krafts are tied to Mac Jones? After they traded Garoppolo, we didn't draft Lamar Jackson despite the fact that there were articles about the Patriots having interest. That was also the year when the contract issues with Brady began (remember, Brady went on Ross's boat after that year, not after his last season in New England). Given the way Brady left and the suspicion the Krafts had that Garoppolo was going to push Brady out, they just don't like having 2 QBs on the team. They don't run it like the Packers.

Vrabel has age on his side he can sit a year BB on the other hand approaching impossible territory at age next Year.
Gordon Ramsay Fox GIF by Hell's Kitchen's Kitchen
It's an offensive league. It is going to be more difficult for defensive guys to get HC's jobs IMO going forward ...

I'm not sure that adding Vrabel to the mix, especially as DC will help Mayo have a better Defense.

I expect that those who want this scenario wanted Vrabel as coach. In the end, there would be friction. Vrabel is better off sitting out a year, or possibly being an Advisor to a team that doesn't already have a GREAT defense. We need to concentrate on keeping Steve and Covington. I'm not sure that they would think that bringing in Vrabel was good for their careers. Covington's agent would certainly start to make calls, perhaps Steve's also.

We have an opportunity to move forward on Offense while solidifying the defensive leadership by getting promotions for both steve and Covington. Let's do it.
===========
As an aside, what kind confidence boost would it be for the owner to want to bring in Vrabel?
Agree. It's a dumb idea.

It's an offensive league. It is going to be more difficult for defensive guys to get HC's jobs IMO going forward ...
It's a wave. When the NFL front offices start realizing it's not that hard to shut down these offenses, it will go back. McDaniel's time in Miami has already reached its crest. They've figured him out.

The same people who insisted they draft Mac, who prevented Belichick from trading Mac, did not want him undercutting Mac.

It's all part of the same thing.

Mac should've been sacked after the 2nd game. If you switch to Mayfield then, the Krafts would've been furious. This should be self-obvious.

I mean, watch, the Patriots are going to bring back Mac as the starter early in the season even if they draft a QB high.
Did your immediate family member tell you this?

I was told the job was already agreed to with Belichick more than a week ago. I posted that here in this thread when I found out. Immediate family member who has been in a suite at Falcons games w/ one of their biggest donor/clients. That's how my family member learned that.

Lol

Arthur Blank apparently doesn't have (or want) control of his organization. The management team of a Franchise that has never won a Superbowl was no doubt threatened by Belichick. Blank, who is a very smart and highly successful guy, didn't have either the ability or the interest to challenge them. Some Franchises are doomed from the top...most notably the Jests. The Falcons seem to belong, at this point, among that group.

The Falcons' press release states that Morris will "report directly to Arthur M. Blank...on all football matters. Rich McKay...continues to represent the team on league matters and the NFL's Competition Committee. Greg Beadles...will continue overseeing all...business operations." Pretty much says it all. Blank is 81 and totally dependent on the hired help. Robert and Jonathan Kraft are hands-on in all of those areas. Same for the Rooney's, Mara & Tisch, Glazer and Lurie, along with a few others.

FWIW, I think that "3--28" and his premature trip to the Sidelines took the NFL life out of Blank (the game did the same to Matt Ryan....the look in his eyes for the last Quarter and OT said it all...). The bureaucrats who run the team are still around and apparently will be for a long time.

What does it take to convince you that the Krafts are tied to Mac Jones? After they traded Garoppolo, we didn't draft Lamar Jackson despite the fact that there were articles about the Patriots having interest. That was also the year when the contract issues with Brady began (remember, Brady went on Ross's boat after that year, not after his last season in New England). Given the way Brady left and the suspicion the Krafts had that Garoppolo was going to push Brady out, they just don't like having 2 QBs on the team. They don't run it like the Packers.
Lol, you continue to say this lie as fact, liar.

Here's a fact, Belichick went on Blank's boat after getting fired by Kraft, to get trolled into believing he had the job. Your own immediate family member told you the job was already agreed to. This was 100% Blank trolling Belichick for the SB. Embarrassed the crap out of him in front of the entire country.

Arthur Blank apparently doesn't have (or want) control of his organization. The management team of a Franchise that has never won a Superbowl was no doubt threatened by Belichick. Blank, who is a very smart and highly successful guy, didn't have either the ability or the interest to challenge them. Some Franchises are doomed from the top...most notably the Jests. The Falcons seem to belong, at this point, among that group.

The Falcons' press release states that Morris will "report directly to Arthur M. Blank...on all football matters. Rich McKay...continues to represent the team on league matters and the NFL's Competition Committee. Greg Beadles...will continue overseeing all...business operations." Pretty much says it all. Blank is 81 and totally dependent on the hired help. Robert and Jonathan Kraft are hands-on in all of those areas. Same for the Rooney's, Mara & Tisch, Glazer and Lurie, along with a few others.

What part of the GM and HC will report directly to Blank don't you understand? McKay has been shifted to the soccer operations. He'll continue to deal w/ the league's competition committee.

FWIW, I think that "3--28" and his premature trip to the Sidelines took the NFL life out of Blank (the game did the same to Matt Ryan....the look in his eyes for the last Quarter and OT said it all...). The bureaucrats who run the team are still around and apparently will be for a long time.
You would think an owner with knowledge of big companies is well aware that higher management's main concern is holding onto their super well-paying jobs as long as possible.

There's also the "don't just stand there, do something" principle, which you see in every big business and institution. People getting paid well feel they have to put their stamp on things so that their value and worth is tied to their initiatives. This is always why you always have a "New Plan for Excellence" every 2 or 3 years as the new guy cycles through, and it's often just the opposite of the previous guy's plan, borrowing heavily from the head guy's plan from 7 years ago.

It's a wave. When the NFL front offices start realizing it's not that hard to shut down these offenses, it will go back. McDaniel's time in Miami has already reached its crest. They've figured him out.
I disagree. His issue is he needs a much better QB than Tua ...

I disagree. His issue is he needs a much better QB than Tua ...
Everyone would love a much better QB than they have except for a few teams. They don't materialize out of thin air and the Dolphins won't be in position to draft one anyway. That offense has been totally shut down and we know why. Their timing has been disrupted and this is the same exact thing teams did to Mike Martz's offenses 20 years ago. It's the same stuff. It took 2 cycles to counter it. From here on there's a blueprint and McDaniel simply has to go figure out where he is with it and do things differently, at least in part.

He's hampered by having yet another new defensive coach. But that's his decision.

Last edited:
That won't sit well with the IBBWT Homers... But it's truth in Today's NFL. BB literally ruined a young QB plus fielded the 32nd ranked Offense yeah a slew of Teams ain't lining up for your services BB sorry.
I rest my case with the reactions. :rolleyes:

Maybe but so far 4 of the 8 openings have gone to defensive minded coaches. MacDonald is viewed as top candidate for Seattle. Quinn and Vrabel are still out there.

The irony here is that he's going to get a job as a GM
Did you find this out from your immediate family member? Lol

I was told the job was already agreed to with Belichick more than a week ago. I posted that here in this thread when I found out. Immediate family member who has been in a suite at Falcons games w/ one of their biggest donor/clients. That's how my family member learned that.

at a certain point, its no longer the coaching that's the issue - its the player.
Based on the last two years in 22 the Patricia and Judge circus then literally horse **** on Offense in 23. Yeah Mac has is issues but BB did him no favors Mayo need the dump all the BB deadwoods on Offense Parker - Juju and Tyquan and move on with his guys.

Based on the last two years in 22 the Patricia and Judge circus then literally horse **** on Offense in 23. Yeah Mac has is issues but BB did him no favors Mayo need the dump all the BB deadwoods on Offense Parker - Juju and Tyquan and move on with his guys.
Did better last year under Patricia than he did this year under a "real OC".

Could the receivers be better? absolutely. Could we have re-signed Jakobi Meyers? Not only yes, but Yes, we should have.

But Mac was consistently bad. High Throws, Throwing across the field, throwing off his back foot... throwing across the field on his back foot... every cardinal sin a qb could make, Mac made... and nothing changed all season long.

Did better last year under Patricia than he did this year under a "real OC".

Could the receivers be better? absolutely.

But Mac was consistently bad. High Throws, Throwing across the field, throwing off his back foot... throwing across the field on his back foot... every cardinal sin a qb could make, Mac made... and nothing changed all season long.
You know I'm not the Biggest Mac Jones fan but I would still keep him. would like to see him play with actual Talent on Offense which we don't have aside from H Henry. Zay Flowers who we were linked to played in our Backyard seems like a fine Pro Player. Pop Douglas really need to improve played like a dam Rookie with his mistakes.

You know I'm not the Biggest Mac Jones fan but I would still keep him. would like to see him play with actual Talent on Offense which we don't have aside from H Henry.
by wanting to keep him, just to see if he can work out with new talent, that does indeed make you his biggest fan

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back