PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter: Public appology broke down Mankins deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
This fiasco smacks of Frank Bauer. He's ruining Logan Mankins' bank account.

Last edited:
This is absolutely ridiculous. Ok, Mankins was in the wrong, maybe, but to make him apologize publicly to sign him is petty at best.

To those who are saying our OL was great today; yes they were, but I have a feeling any OL would have looked good against today's Bangles. We will get a better idea next week. Not to mention, how long before Neal goes down and then what? My heart was in my throat when I saw him being looked at in the sidelines today. Anybody who has watched the Patriots for a few years can tell you that an injured Neal out for a few games is as certain as death and taxes.

The badmouthing of Mr. Kraft was public, he should be man enough to make the retraction of those comments public as well.

Re: Adam Schefter: Mankins almost resigned two weeks ago, but a public appology ended

Not sure I agree that it's on Kraft. I think Mankins crossed a big line PUBLICLY and should apologize, even if just through a press release, in as public a way.

Right! Mankins thinks it's okay to publicly insult Kraft, but when asked to publicly apologize he's the one who becomes insulted. **** him! Who does think he is anyway? get paid, apologize, then go out and show that you were worth every penny and more! F'n baby!

Man, those 0 sacks on Brady today sure made me miss Mankins.

Connelly did well. But, I will wait on how the OL will do when they play the Jets, next week.

Something seems wierd, in the Mankins contract bungle. I read that Mankins apolgized to Kraft. But, then, an hour or so later, someone (??) told Mankins he has to publicly apolgize, publicly.

Why didnt mgmt tell Mankins, to apolgize to Kraft and publicly as stipulations? What is this 1-1/2 hr later stipulation?

I think when Mankins called up Kraft to apolgize, Kraft told Mankins to do it publicly, as well. That's when Mankins refuse. What does this tell you about the Krafts?

So, Mankins will be traded or released before this year ends...

The reported details don't make either side look good.

"Schefter reports"...right there I roll up the hard copy and use it as toilet paper

Men, Kraft should stop this nonsense.
If he has apologized already, sign that idiot. Who cares? move on, and stop beeing so proud. BE superior, and sign a top 3 nfl guard to protect your boy Tom Brady.
And sign moss too. He has deserved it, he shows no signs of slowing down.

When you want $40M from somebody that you previously said something that was nothing less than slander, I think you better do whatever the hell they want.

I agree Mankins should apologize. But here's what seemed weird:

The sources told Schefter that Mankins called Kraft to apologize for questioning the organization's integrity, and the conversation went well. About 90 minutes later, Kraft requested Mankins make a public apology.

So .. Robert Kraft accepted the apology, then 90 minutes later, someone else called Mankins and told him it had to be a public apology?

So sorry: Logan Mankins deal implodes - AFC East Blog - ESPN

I think when Mankins called up Kraft to apolgize, Kraft told Mankins to do it publicly, as well. That's when Mankins refuse. What does this tell you about the Krafts

What does it tell you about Mankins?

Actually, I'd say that his report is precise, but its accuracy (i.e., whether that's what the Patriots actually said) is, without input from the Pats, a question that cannot be settled.

precision vs. accuracy?
Are you a statistician?

I agree Mankins should apologize. But here's what seemed weird:

So .. Robert Kraft accepted the apology, then 90 minutes later, someone else called Mankins and told him it had to be a public apology?

So sorry: Logan Mankins deal implodes - AFC East Blog - ESPN

To play in the Patriots organization, you need to play great, keep your mouth shut. But, if you need to open your mouth, you have to praise the Krafts and kiss their feet. Then, you will be rewarded with $$$.

hey Zipster, when you go into work tomorrow grab the loudspeaker and question the owner of your companies integrity, get back to use tomorrow with the results.

I don't understand why Mr. Mankins, whom I understood has already declared that he will never play another down here, bothered to apologize in the first place.

And then he is now more angry because he was asked to apologize in public??

Guess that this is the last we have seen of Mr. Mankins.

Thanks to Moss and Mr. Mankins, I have come down to earth after our nice W today. That is a good thing. :)

From my understanding of what happened, part of the deal was for Mankins to personally apologize to Kraft which he did. But 90 minutes after his apology, Kraft calls Mankins to make a public apology to consumate the deal? Jesus F*CKING Christ. I hope that is not true. That sounds incredibly petty.

What does it tell you about Mankins?

What it tells me is that both sides need to bury the hatchet. However, Kraft's hands now have just as much blood on them as Mankins' hands do. If the guy called him to apologize, that should have been enough. This team prides itself on not carrying out it's dirty laundry publicly. To me, it seems as if Mr. Kraft just went against the Patriot Way.

What it tells me is that both sides need to bury the hatchet. However, Kraft's hands now have just as much blood on them as Mankins' hands do. If the guy called him to apologize, that should have been enough. This team prides itself on not carrying out it's dirty laundry publicly. To me, it seems as if Mr. Kraft just went against the Patriot Way.

If Mankins was man enough to talk smack about his boss in public, he should be man enough to apologize in public, and it should have happened a long time ago and without prodding. That seems to me to be more like the Patriot Way. I think with all of the $$ involved, we lose sight that this is an employer/employee relationship, like any other.

IF this report is true, then I certainly changes my view of Kraft and "The Patriot Way" of keeping it all business and leaving out the personal feelings.

Do you Kraft got that famous slurred speech buzz going and went Colonel Jessup on Mankins?

"You've gotta ask me nicely."
"I want you to stand there in your f@gg0ty uniform and extend me some F'ing courtesy."

images.jpeg

Mankins said some pretty nasty things, to the public, about Kraft and the organization. I don't think you let stuff like that go. Its about respect......Mankins and his agent are punks to me.

Apology expected, without it, what does that say to the younger players on the team...go ahead and crap all over the organization??

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes