Welcome to PatsFans.com

Schefter: Public appology broke down Mankins deal

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by R_T26, Sep 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R_T26

R_T26 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Apparently they were very close 2 weeks ago, asked for an appolgy to mr. Kraft which he did. Was then told to do a public appology and that pissed off Mankins. Now deal is farther apart.
  2. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +838 / 5 / -3

Adam Schefter: Mankins almost resigned two weeks ago, but a public apology ended it

According to Adam Schefter on ESPN; The Pats and Mankins were actually negotiating a few weeks ago and were close to getting a deal done. Kraft required an personal appology that Mankins gave. When they went back to renegotiate, Kraft required a public appology and Mankins was peissed off and broke negotiation. Both sides are being petty.
  3. Dirtywater

Dirtywater Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I just saw this too. Pisses me off. Both sides were so close to a deal and then we let apologies get in the way and Mankins lets his pride get in the way. Both sides are off base. Oh well, looks like he sits out this year.
  4. RussFrancis

RussFrancis Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Interesting in itself to hear theyve actually been still talking.
  5. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,321 / 15 / -11

Disable Jersey

Re: Adam Schefter: Mankins almost resigned two weeks ago, but a public appology ended

If it is as said then yes, Kraft is the one being petty here. I'm sorely disappointed if it's true.
  6. patsox23

patsox23 Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 1 / -0

Re: Adam Schefter: Mankins almost resigned two weeks ago, but a public appology ended

Not sure I agree that it's on Kraft. I think Mankins crossed a big line PUBLICLY and should apologize, even if just through a press release, in as public a way.
  7. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico Rookie

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -2

No Jersey Selected

Not sure I understand -- did Kraft apologize in private then ask Mankins to apologize publicly?
  8. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +436 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

Opposite for me, it shows it's not about the money and all about a redneck punk (I feel I can say that as my wife is from the Fresno area and claims she knows the type up there) who thinks he can talk sh!t with no repercussions. You should have just kept quiet, Mankins.
  9. Rob0729

Ratings:
    +838 / 5 / -3

I would agree that Kraft is being a little more petty (not much), but I think Mankins should man up and for the good of the team appologize if the Pats did give him the deal he was looking for after he attacked them personally. But I do think Kraft knows better than to let personal issues get involved in business.
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2010
  10. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +436 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

No, he apologized privately to Kraft but refused to do so publicly.
  11. crowell33

crowell33 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Agreed. 10char.
  12. PatsWickedPissah

Ratings:
    +1,321 / 15 / -11

Disable Jersey

I'm not arguing that Mankins isn't childish. I'm saying that Kraft has to be the grownup here and get it done. You just signed Brady to a huge contract. You're going to let a public apology prevent you from best utilizing your valuable asset? Foolhardy.
  13. Don_the_patfan

Don_the_patfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Been with the Pats throughout this Mankins deal. I have to side with Mankins if this is true if the deal is about to be struck and apology to Kraft made there is no need to take it further. A leak to the media that he apologized would've accomplished addressing the public in a way. Pretty stupid if you ask me.
  14. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +436 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

Kraft should have recorded the private apology then released it to the press, that would have gotten it done :D
  15. RayClay

RayClay On the Roster

Ratings:
    +637 / 6 / -9

#75 Jersey

I will believe it when he produces a tape of Kraft saying it and it's confirmed by voice analysis experts.
  16. Gunnails

Gunnails Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

=================================================

Gee, he said he was sorry. Now you want your own personal apology?

I don't blame you for being pissed about the situation.

What should Mankins do to make this right.
  17. Rob0729

Ratings:
    +838 / 5 / -3

I do have to say that if a public appology is what is keeping Mankins for the money he is looking for, I think he may have taken too many shots to the head.
  18. Dirtywater

Dirtywater Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The way Adam Schefter reported it, Mankins and agent came into Foxboro and they worked out a deal in principle. Then Mankins was told he needed to apologize to Mr.Kraft, which he did and then he thought they were good to go. Then, the Pats insisted he make a public apology as well and then Mankins balked and the deal was off.

Bad from all sides.
  19. PatsWickedPissah

Ratings:
    +1,321 / 15 / -11

Disable Jersey

Another taping scandal!?! :eek::eek::eek:
  20. LoganMankinsPancakeBlocks

LoganMankinsPancakeBlocks Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

The Patriots let a public apology get in the way of having a Pro Bowl Guard and a guy they clearly want in the mix for their team now and for years to come and Mankins, who apologizes in private now is passing up on huge money and playing football, just because he has to do it publically? This is an embarrassing story from both sides.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.