PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SBB's 7/29 PM practice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep the camp reports coming rooks! Great job. I'm gonna be there next week.

I'm kinda worried with Holt. but excited for Tate and Aaron.

i honestly think holt will be cut. With Moss-Welker-Edelman-Tate-Price, where does Holt fit? Unless you want to put Tate exclusively on punt return duty, then there is really no place for him.

I wouldn't worry too much, that's why Patten's here I'd assume. If Holt's lost it, then we have an alternative, so at least we're not stuck with Joey Galloway 2.0

The problem is that Patten sucks. He can't be our number 3 like Holt would.

Loving the Offense minus Runningback, I would love for the Patriots to trade for a overlooked number 2 back. My wish would be Jon Stewart.
I'd do a second or Mankins in a heart beat. Does anyone know of a number 2 or 3 back we haven't even discussed that could be a possibility?

i honestly think holt will be cut. With Moss-Welker-Edelman-Tate-Price, where does Holt fit? Unless you want to put Tate exclusively on punt return duty, then there is really no place for him.

Who'd you start opposite Moss? Tate?
We don't know how he'll do. And he may get injuried.

This part made my laptop rise about 6 inches off of my lap...

* One funny moment -- During one-on-ones early in the session, Kevin Faulk got jammed in the "hook" area by Jerod Mayo and couldn't get loose. A coach blew a whistle, and Faulk immediately barked at Mayo ... "Let me show you something right quick!!" Faulk then kicked a couple bags out of the way, and lit Mayo up on an angle route up the middle of the field.

I don't know if this was mentioned today or not regarding missing players. FIVE were listed, but I would think also missing were CB Johnson and DL Weston as they are on Active NFI and Active PUP respectively. Maybe that goes without saying as both were among the 5 named as starting on lists. Crable was cut, both Jenkins and Welker were present but not participating fully. I guess that these two are farther along than the others in rehab UNLESS both Johnson and Weston did partake in the practice and thus removed from the lists.

-Most impressive player of the day without a doubt was Aaron Hernandez, he was thrown the ball more than any other player today and caught every single one. Catches every ball with his hands and is very quick down the field. Gronkowski also caught every ball i believe and you can tell how big a threat he will be in the red zone because he is huge.

-Brandon Tate is ready to make an impact this year. He was the #1 KO returner and was running the best routes, and is very quick in and out of his breaks.
- Other players who impressed me- Taylor Price who catches the ball with his hands
Edelman(who also looked great running routes today)

Check that out: 2 drafts, and potentially an entire receiving corps with complementary strengths.

The problem is that Patten sucks. He can't be our number 3 like Holt would.

What makes you assume that Holt can be #3? Realistically, we're probably looking at Tate or Edelman there.

So, while we're all feeling a little plump here, and understanding fully that we have a looooong way to go before Gronk and Hernandez become anything more than potential in the NFL: Can anyone think of an offense over the years that has featured two tight ends of starting quality? Just curious from a gameplan/history perspective.

We had that with Watson/Graham. I would look to Wa with Jansen playing H back, I can see that role for Hernandez.

We had that with Watson/Graham. I would look to Wa with Jansen playing H back, I can see that role for Hernandez.

How soon we forget! Seems like that never quite worked out as well as we had hoped; maybe this time it will be better.

Can anyone tell me how Myron Pryor and Leigh Bodden looked. Pryor should get more playing time this year.

We'll do it Chinese style.

New name: Mesko Zoltan

Which is actually how Hungarians write their names . . . although Zoltan is still his personal name. [Two quick notes: (1) He's Romanian by birth, but Hungarian by ancestry; (2) most European languages, including English belong to the Indo-European family; Hungarian does not.]

Thanks for posting SBB!

These 2 months are usually torture for me waiting for week 1. I try to avoid anything football just to not tease my self but always fall into reading these updates and getting psyched

Can anyone tell me how Myron Pryor and Leigh Bodden looked. Pryor should get more playing time this year.

The question is where? To me he reads as a situational penetrating 4-3 tackle, not a 3-4 NT or DE.

SSDD

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft