PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SBB's 7/29 PM practice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back from both practices, I'll give a run down of the day as a whole and who was most impressive.

-Most impressive player of the day without a doubt was Aaron Hernandez, he was thrown the ball more than any other player today and caught every single one. Catches every ball with his hands and is very quick down the field. Gronkowski also caught every ball i believe and you can tell how big a threat he will be in the red zone because he is huge.

-Brandon Tate is ready to make an impact this year. He was the #1 KO returner and was running the best routes, and is very quick in and out of his breaks.

- To me Spikes really stood out to me on drills this morning. On every running play he was the first on to the ball carrier. He is extremely quick reading and reacting, and will definitely be on the field for 1st and 2nd down.

- Chung is going to be the emotional leader of the defense for the future, he flies all over the field, always goes 100% in drills, was def. getting the most reps at S.

- Other players who impressed me- Taylor Price who catches the ball with his hands and McCourty who looked extremely fulid and showed some of his recovery speed in drills today.

* I have never ever been this excited about a draft class and the potential impact they could have. And group that with last years class Chung,Butler, Vollmer, Edelman(who also looked great running routes today) and we could have 2 extremely talented draft classes with some very high end players.

Just got back from both practices, I'll give a run down of the day as a whole and who was most impressive.

-Most impressive player of the day without a doubt was Aaron Hernandez, he was thrown the ball more than any other player today and caught every single one. Catches every ball with his hands and is very quick down the field. Gronkowski also caught every ball i believe and you can tell how big a threat he will be in the red zone because he is huge.

-Brandon Tate is ready to make an impact this year. He was the #1 KO returner and was running the best routes, and is very quick in and out of his breaks.

- To me Spikes really stood out to me on drills this morning. On every running play he was the first on to the ball carrier. He is extremely quick reading and reacting, and will definitely be on the field for 1st and 2nd down.

- Chung is going to be the emotional leader of the defense for the future, he flies all over the field, always goes 100% in drills, was def. getting the most reps at S.

- Other players who impressed me- Taylor Price who catches the ball with his hands and McCourty who looked extremely fulid and showed some of his recovery speed in drills today.

* I have never ever been this excited about a draft class and the potential impact they could have. And group that with last years class Chung,Butler, Vollmer, Edelman(who also looked great running routes today) and we could have 2 extremely talented draft classes with some very high end players.

Many thanks! SO looking forward to pre-season games!

Thanks....I think I just got a little bit plump.

I just got back from TC. My first one, it was awesome.

Brady really seemed to favor throwing to Hernandez.

I just got back from TC. My first one, it was awesome.

Brady really seemed to favor throwing to Hernandez.

I read the same thing in mini camp. I can't wait for the preseason games to start. I want to see these kids in action. So far, I like what I've read. Thanks to everyone for the updates.
This Hernandez kid might just be the steal of the draft.

Last edited:
I propose that his shirts say "ZOLTAN" instead of "MESKO." Just cooler.

"Zoltan" is second only to "Space Emperor Zoltan (of Space!)" ... but I don't think they can fit that on the back of a jersey,

Thanks....I think I just got a little bit plump.

Same here. Makes me feel good about my Florida boys coming in. I loved the Hernandez pick the most and I'm happy to see that Brady agreed with me the first day of practice. Also good to hear how fluid Tate looked. I'm praying for his health. He has the skills to threaten every single area of the field if he's healthy and clicks.

Did Holt participate? Not a peep about him.

So, while we're all feeling a little plump here, and understanding fully that we have a looooong way to go before Gronk and Hernandez become anything more than potential in the NFL: Can anyone think of an offense over the years that has featured two tight ends of starting quality? Just curious from a gameplan/history perspective.

Did Holt participate? Not a peep about him.

Breer was a bit down on him.

Got some doubts about Torry Holt. While he still finds ways to get open, he lacks the burst to really separate from defenders. You have to wonder if, at game speed, that'll be a problem. It's one thing to make catches in a small hole in the coverage in practice. It's something else to do in a game, when those guys are coming harder at you.

Wrapping up Day 1 of camp - Extra Points - Boston.com

Good to see that the youngsters are living up to some of the hype...pray they stay healthy and pick up tips from the vets as camp progresses.

Will be good to see the improvement in the second year players and anxious to see Tate and McKenzie in action....

I'll be attending Saturday morning TC and will pass along anything good that catches my eye..(cheerleaders at the Patriot Experience excluded)...:eek:

This team is being re-tooled in front of our eyes. No wonder BB took down all the pictures; it is a new era.

If the team can find a guard, the offense should be scary good. The defense will also be greatly improved; I am expecting that the secondary will be right up there with the best (although with no pass rush their stats will not be so good).

With the exception of Ron Brace , the last two drafts have been outstanding. Can you imagine if the Patriots had but one pick in the second round and it was Brace? Now that would have been a real disaster.

In my opinion both the offense and defense will be vastly improved.

Our defense is going to be young atheltic and fast.. Butler, Bodden, Chung, Meriweather..McCourty at nickel.. Banta Cain..Spikes..Mayo.. _______

that other olb spot is the only real weakness on the team

I think what Belichick did last year was instead of having a period over 2-3 years of turnover he expidited it and really got rid of all the former stars who were on the way down. Hence the Vrabel and Seymour trades, and Bruschi retirement. I think that is going to make us much better this year since alot of youngs guys cut their teeth last year and this years rookie crop looks to be the best in years.

Awesome... literally could not be more excited

I'm kinda worried with Holt. but excited for Tate and Aaron.

The team was looking for leaders esp on defense last year and I think Chung, Spikes and Mayo are the future middle of the defense. Spikes just ooozes leadership, huddling up players playing with so much emotion you can tell he loves every minute of it. One play that stood out to be this morning was a running play with Thomas Williams playing fullback it was prob like a 24 lead or some variation of it. Spikes absolutely blew up Williams and made the play. I cant stress how good he looked at play recognition. To me Spikes should be the starter on 1st and 2nd downs, and Guyton the 3rd down linebacker because of his speed and coverage ability as shown by his pick six of Brady at the end of practice

Chung is really emotional and mark my words is going to make a big impact this year.
He is always the first one across when doing conditioning and goes full tilt all the time. On Guytons pick at the end of practice the only player to run the 50 yards and get in front to block for him was Chung.

I'm kinda worried with Holt. but excited for Tate and Aaron.

I wouldn't worry too much, that's why Patten's here I'd assume. If Holt's lost it, then we have an alternative, so at least we're not stuck with Joey Galloway 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes