PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rumor: Moss to Vikings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So let's take that 2nd and 3rd and trade for VJackson and then get a goddamn snack and be done with it. Without VJackson and that snack, I will be furious about this.

3517jvp.gif

We don't need more frigging 2nd round picks, we have 2 1sts, 2 2nds, a 3rd and 2 4ths already. This has better be a BLOCKBUSTER and not just Moss going out for filler/crap players/middling picks.

Don't hold your breath VJC

How many players has BB brought in in the middle of a season as Pats Hc?

Only ones I remember are replacement off the street jags due to injuries,he normally does not do what you want him to

Nope just completely missed what you meant. Went right over my head. The post count in the thread never occured to me.

Watch for another few minutes and we'll be at 2,000. It's 2:32 PM here and I have the day off, hence my rapid-posting. The rest of you folks are just psychos. :cool:

;)

* Listening to reports on the NFL network this was a vikings driven trade not a request from moss or the patriots shopping him.

* What they said was the vikings have been after moss for weeks now...

Awesome!! Great pick up, Bro, and thanks for making me look smart!! :D

Precious and few are the moments...

AM I the only one who thinks the Raiders would give up another 1st for Moss? LOL

Very little makes sense about this trade. What are we gonna do, run Tate out their as our #1, Edelman as our #2, and pray that Brady can find someone open? This is MADNESS Bill!

An interesting question is do you want a defensive player who can pressure the qb or another WR out of this deal if it involves a player?

I go with a defensive player with credentials and trust Brady can still get the job done...the defense we all know can't for the most part

Watch for another few minutes and we'll be at 2,000. It's 2:32 PM here and I have the day off, hence my rapid-posting. The rest of you folks are just psychos. :cool:

;)

Insomnia FTW

I've got a feeling this trade will be for the Vikings first rounder. They are desperate to win it all THIS SEASON.

That said, I would be completely depressed to see Randy leave the Pats. He is my favorite player on the team and a once-in-a-lifetime talent. Was hoping he'd finish his career in New England.

;)

Yes, I should be sleeping. But having to much fun in this thread. :D

AM I the only one who thinks the Raiders would give up another 1st for Moss? LOL

Yup

Keep in mind Moss also has to agree to be traded and he has wanted to play with brett favre since he was in minnesota the first time.

Man I know the team along with Brady have been successful without a big time receiver or a high scoring offense, but back then the defense was the heart and soul of the team, those days are far behind us.

True, but what most don't seem to understand, is that those days are rapidly coming back, and even better than before!!

And moving Moss's salary, so that we can afford several quality depth guys, instead of the league's debris, is the sort of difference that wins Championships. :cool:

After all Brandon Tate is just as good as Caldwell,Givens, Branch, Patten, who we won championships with.

Tate better than Branch? Is that the guy who had 22 catches in consecutive SBs?

Tate better than Givens? Is that the mad possession receiver who Tommy found 7 consecutive playoff games in the end zone?

Tate could be good but this is a bit premature. He is not a number #1 - maybe next yr.

Tate better than Givens? Is that the mad possession receiver who Tommy found 7 consecutive playoff games in the end zone?

Tate could be good but this is a bit premature. He is not a number #1 - maybe next yr.
Yep, that was a pretty stupid statement.

Yup

Keep in mind Moss also has to agree to be traded and he has wanted to play with brett favre since he was in minnesota the first time.

Uh Moss doesn't have to agree with jack for the Pats to trade him... How do you think Seymour got traded????

In terms of skill set yes he's better than both of those guys. People forget he was a Stud the year at UNC the year he got hurt. He was one of the best players in the country and was getting some buzz for Heisman. I know he's better than Nicks...just the injury with the failed drug test at the combine dropped his stock...just like Hernandez. Dude is balling so far on ST this year even being a 3rd option on offense his numbers arent too shabby.

Sure, but Jackson is only 27. We'd have to toss that into the equation, right?

Indeed.

P.S. I'm not big on bringing in Jackson for the precise reason you're bringing up here. I'm just interested in the thought process that leads people to thinking that it's going to be a first round pick.

I'm not sold on Jackson either. To be honest, there aren't a lot of receivers out there I'd rather have than Moss. I think people who are looking to get some immediate relief from the prospect of this offense without a #1 WR will be very disappointed.

I've got a feeling this trade will be for the Vikings first rounder. They are desperate to win it all THIS SEASON.

That said, I would be completely depressed to see Randy leave the Pats. He is my favorite player on the team and a once-in-a-lifetime talent. Was hoping he'd finish his career in New England.

I would take that, but I doubt it would be offered. But then again this is a team selling their soul for a championship as well as a new stadium. So I guess anything is possible. It seems this is going to happen so I'm trying to come to terms with it.

Insomnia FTW

If this trade doesn't go down before I go to sleep tonight (about 11 AM Wed east coast time), I'll definitely be up checking the news several times during the night.

Yup

That trade won't go through if Moss doesn't sign an extension.

Yeah, forget what I said earlier. Childress is the NFL equivalent of the NBA's David Kahn. I wouldn't be surprised if we got a 1st.

He IS stupid enough that it's possible. :D

I've been working on a Mock Draft that included my long-longed for trade of Moss, and I've mentioned Washington and Chicago as prime targets...And I almost included Minny, but didn't.

And it wasn't because of Moss's history, there, but because of Childress's record of vocal antipathy towards Coach Bill. :eek:

That certainly adds an interesting element to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick