PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rumor: Moss to Vikings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
thread started 7:21 PM EST
1000 post: 2:18 AM EST

6 hours 57 minutes - this has got to be a record.

When Tommy knocked up that B rate actress or the Herald published the Rams SB walkthrough tape, it took days to get to 1000.

Toms injury built up threads faster than this story but I think the website went down for a bit then

Man I know the team along with Brady have been successful without a big time receiver or a high scoring offense, but back then the defense was the heart and soul of the team, those days are far behind us.

This is what I believe you guys will get.

2nd and a 3rd round pick and that's it. Vikings won't make a trade that includes a starter unless it's Bernard berrian. As a vikings fan we have the advantage because your head office wants him gone and a 2nd and 3rd will do. If they keep him they get a headache all season and nothing when he leaves.

let me say this again you will not get Jared allen or chad greenway under any circumstance.

If the pats really want them gone they'd probably trade to their trade buddies Chiefs or Raiders. Not a contender

Re: Moss for a 3rd is illogical

It also doesn't make sense because they would receive a comp 3 pick when he departs in FA.

As I said in another post, if it isn't a 1st or 2nd, it's another dumb-irrational move.

edit: someone said the best the Pats get is a comp 5th pick for Moss when he departs.

Last edited:
Interesting question. Mind if I answer? Moss does not carry the risk of having the hammer come down on him in the event of misconduct?

[/advocatus diaboli]

Sure, but Jackson is only 27. We'd have to toss that into the equation, right?

P.S. I'm not big on bringing in Jackson for the precise reason you're bringing up here. I'm just interested in the thought process that leads people to thinking that it's going to be a first round pick.

Last edited:

2nd and a 3rd round pick and that's it. Vikings won't make a trade that includes a starter unless it's Bernard berrian. As a vikings fan we have the advantage because your head office wants him gone and a 2nd and 3rd will do. If they keep him they get a headache all season and nothing when he leaves.

let me say this again you will not get Jared allen or chad greenway under any circumstance.

So let's take that 2nd and 3rd and trade for VJackson and then get a goddamn snack and be done with it. Without VJackson and that snack, I will be furious about this.

I think it will be for just a second rounder in 2011 or 2012

I can expect a lot of fans to be mailing in this season if what I expect happens

I really doubt NE gets a Vikings player out of this,it going to be a future draft pick which BB has had a bad habit of hoarding lately

We don't need more frigging 2nd round picks, we have 2 1sts, 2 2nds, a 3rd and 2 4ths already. This has better be a BLOCKBUSTER and not just Moss going out for filler/crap players/middling picks.

what the **** is with all these little rick spielmans running around telling us what we will and will not get lol

Yeah, forget what I said earlier. Childress is the NFL equivalent of the NBA's David Kahn. I wouldn't be surprised if we got a 1st.

In other words we get crap in return and create a gaping hole on offense. There better be a lotta draft compensation coming back in return and a good player or two.

Greenway has produced 6 sacks in 4 years. At 6-2, 240, he is also too small and too short to play OLB for the Pats. Greenway is NOT the answer to ANYTHING for the Pats. He's crappy at rushing the passer and too small to set the edge against the run for us. He's CRAP for the Pats 3-4 system - Period. There's a reason they didn't draft him. You don't trade a HOF offensive threat for mediocre at best talent!

If they are getting a defensive piece in return, the Pats need a DE or OLB who can get after the damn QB. Add as many CBs as you want, if you can't get to the QB any CB you have back there will look bad.

So you think that they are going to offer a boat load of picks for a guy because he is a first ballot hall of famer? :confused:

At best we will get a 2nd rounder. Most likely a 3rd so give me a CB that can help now and hope the young guys get better at getting to the QB.

And how does a draft pick help now? So you're saying you would rather wait for the future than get someone that can help now, because they have no one in the front seven - that they would most likely be willing to trade - that will help our pass rush.

And the inexperience at CB is beyond obvious even when they get pressure.

By the way you may want to channel that anger somewhere else. ;)

Yeah, forget what I said earlier. Childress is the NFL equivalent of the NBA's David Kahn. I wouldn't be surprised if we got a 1st.

if he's david kahn then I expect Peterson and a 2nd

So let's take that 2nd and 3rd and trade for VJackson and then get a goddamn snack and be done with it. Without VJackson and that snack, I will be furious about this.

Very little makes sense about this trade. What are we gonna do, run Tate out their as our #1, Edelman as our #2, and pray that Brady can find someone open? This is MADNESS Bill!

We don't need more frigging 2nd round picks, we have 2 1sts, 2 2nds, a 3rd and 2 4ths already. This has better be a BLOCKBUSTER and not just Moss going out for filler/crap players/middling picks.
So who do you want in return? The Vikes don't have anybody else besides the obvious.

I feel the same and I'm pretty sure we're both going to be disappointed in what we get.

Sadly, NO. :(

1000th post on this THREAD, my friend. Are YOU drinking?? :eek:

LOVE the Avatar, by the way. :D

Nope just completely missed what you meant. Went right over my head. The post count in the thread never occured to me.

I will agree childress is tied for the worst coach in the NFL will wade phillips. be careful on wanting vincent jackson I hear he has a drinking problem....

next strike and he is out for a year.

If we could get a 2nd and 3rd for Moss im all for it...Considering they apparently were not going to sign him in the offseason. And the coaching staff seems to feel comfortable with Brandon Tate. I know our D now isn't as good as the Super Bowl years RIGHT NOW but as the young guys get more exp they should be good...After all Brandon Tate is just as good as Caldwell,Givens, Branch, Patten, who we won championships with.

Id Take having 2first, 3 second round, 2 3rd round, and 2 Fourth round picks in the upcoming draft. Continue to build a young fast big D and sprinkle in a offensive playmeraker ala Julio Jones, AJ Green, Mark Ingram, Demarco Murray etc Im all for it...Sure Brady may not be in his prime when the young pups turn into studs (hopefully) but if they continue to make growth we wont need Brady in his prime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes