PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rumor: Moss to Vikings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year Favre was better.

Peterson is in the backfield

Moss will be used on more routes and less of a decoy.

Our playaction is way better.

Favre is going to throw more then one pass towards Moss. Favre loves Moss.

Moss will do great. Probably top ten statistics.

He will get to play the Patriots defense on Halloween.

Re: Mixed Feelings on Moss

So the Bills and Dolphins D is better than the Packers and Bears D? notice they both shut Moss down... really now, Moss will only make Favre worse

Are you high? Drunk? Or just trying to make yourself feel better?

This team is turning into a firesale---getting rid of great players left and right and turning those picks into trash. Seymour, Samuel, and now Moss. This is sickening.

It's pretty obvious NE is going nowhere the next several years based on the decisions the front office is making. Sorry to be blunt, but this is the truth.
Actually that is not the truth, that is an opinion, or speculation. Perhaps it may be a correct prediction, perhaps it may not. But there is no more basis to saying it is "the truth" than declaring something to be true because of an answer that appeared on your Magic 8-Ball.

Moss's hands are overrated, I've seen a helluva lot of drops from him since he came here. For every incredible 1 handed grab he makes, I can also count 1 long bomb that bounces off his hands. Especially the one on 3rd down in the last drive of SB42.

every receiver drops balls ...this is nitpicking considering now that we are trading him....no one has ever questioned moss's hands...his route running and distractions but hands.. no....

This ignores one crucial point: You lose his services for the next 12 games (plus the playoffs). Yes a 3rd rounder is better than a 5th rounder but is it better than a 5th rounder plus having Randy Moss for all of 2010?

Call me crazy, but I consider the Patriots to be championship contenders year in and year out, this year being no exception. This seems to me to be the type of move we usually see from the Kansas City Royals in late July.

Have you seen the Pat D play this year? Contrast that with their Defenses during the championship years. The Patriot D is far from one that can contend for a championship. Note, obviously that can change as the season goes on, however, this year appears the least likely chance to happen (imho). I'm still holding out hope....

The BB era has not been a perfect era...it's only been damn good. And one thing BB has done pretty consistently is to get rid of guys when either he felt the value wasn't there or he thought better value lay elsewhere (see Milloy, see Law, See Vinatieri) . Agree or disagree on any individual move, that is how he runs the team. If BB is doing this he believes it is best for the team. His thought process could be: 1) This is Moss' last year on the team. 2) The Moss press conference a few weeks back (among other things) is a bad precedent for all the young guys. 3) He has a lack of faith that the defense can improve enough to be serious contenders and is looking beyond this season.
Or maybe Farve or Childress have pics of BB at a party hosted by Charlie Sheen along with 15 females whose claim to fame is a single snapshot of them in the back pages of a Playboy.

Teach losers how to win

Help salvage the career of a wildly underachieving Derrick Johnson

Help to anchor a defense that's gotten the team off to a 3-0 start

Ok, and your certain BB would have resigned him after cutting him? And your sure he helped resurect the career of a wildly underachieving Johnson?

Without Vrabel, Johnson had:

289 Solo Tackles and 12 sacks

In 2008 in 14 games without Vrabel he had 68 solo tackles and 1.5 sacks.

With Vrabel he has 52 solo tackles and 1 sack.

In 15 games with Vrabel in 2009 he had 30 solo tackle and 1 sack.

This season in 3 games he has 22 solo tackles.

I don't know as far as an ILB goes, I would say he was doing just fine without Vrabel.

I love Vrabel one of my all time favorite Pats but the guy is done. Does he bring leadership? Sure? Is he the reason they are 3-0? Nope. He isn't on the field in passing situations and has 8 tackles (solo and assisted) in 3 games.

Last edited:
Tom Brady: I DID IT BILL ... I WON A GAME WITHOUT FORCING IT TO MY BINKY MOSS.

Bill: that was a great game Tom ... I told you we could win without Randy.

Tom Brady: ARRRRGGGHHHHHHH !!!

Bill: Randy you have your people call my people.

Randy: Straight Cash Homie ... Straight Cash.

Can anyone bring me up to speed on where all of this is going?

I can't dissect an 800 page thread and sort through the BS on ESPN

Are you high? Drunk? Or just trying to make yourself feel better?

Nope, I'm fine either way with or without Moss... Brady is still here and that is really what matters. Brett Favre is a chucker, he will be forcing balls into double coverage all game. You all were whining about it too, but Favre does this EVERY SINGLE WEEK. there is a reason he has the most Picks of all time...

He will get to play the Patriots defense on Halloween.

So true. Moss vs McCourty? We all followed how badly that went in training camp
Another thing to note - Moss playing on the right side of the field will get a lot of looks from Favre. He tends to favor that WR by a good margin. Not sure who will be where if and when Rice comes back (just got off crutches monday)

every receiver drops balls ...this is nitpicking considering now that we are trading him....no one has ever questioned moss's hands...his route running and distractions but hands.. no....

I have questioned his hands, I questioned them again last night when he dropped yet another pass in the end zone.

images

Nope, I'm fine either way with or without Moss... Brady is still here and that is really what matters. Brett Favre is a chucker, he will be forcing balls into double coverage all game. You all were whining about it too, but Favre does this EVERY SINGLE WEEK. there is a reason he has the most Picks of all time...

There is a reason he has the most TDs of all time. There is a reason every WR seems to break out with him throwing the ball. There is a reason he wanted Randy Moss so badly in Green Bay.

It is going to be magical. Maybe not 07' magical, but the Vikings will be a contender and they have an absolutely stacked team with Sir Randall Moss.

This team is turning into a firesale---getting rid of great players left and right and turning those picks into trash. Seymour, Samuel, and now Moss. This is sickening.

It's pretty obvious NE is going nowhere the next several years based on the decisions the front office is making. Sorry to be blunt, but this is the truth.

A 1st round pick, likely a top 10 is nothing? Asante sucks, he can't tackle and gives up more big plays than he makes....nevermind. :bricks:

Can anyone bring me up to speed on where all of this is going?

I can't dissect an 800 page thread and sort through the BS on ESPN

A few reliable writers are predicting Moss to Vikings trade tomorrow.

Favre would play like Brady against the Jets 2 weeks ago... except 4 more interceptions... plus Favre WAS NOT better than Brady last year. Favre will probably Chuck the ball to Moss every play like everyone here was crying when Brady did it against the Jets... still see not much of an improvment

Some people aren't thinking clearly or just not thinking enough.

1) Favre is the oldest dude in football...although reckless at times..his veteran's saviness far out weigh this trait. I really dont think Favre will be chucking it up to Moss on every down...LOL

2) And this is the vital part...the most IMPORTANT piece on the Vikings IS Adrian Peterson...what will other defenses do now? they can no longer creep up and stack the line to tackle AD because Moss would surely requires double coverage. This is gonna be a big headache for any defensive coordinators.

Last edited:
Ok, and your certain BB would have resigned him after cutting him? And your sure he helped resurect the career of a wildly underachieving Johnson?

Without Vrabel, Johnson had:

289 Solo Tackles and 12 sacks

In 2008 in 14 games without Vrabel he had 68 solo tackles and 1.5 sacks.

With Vrabel he has 52 solo tackles and 1 sack.

In 15 games with Vrabel in 2009 he had 30 solo tackle and 1 sack.

This season in 3 games he has 22 solo tackles.

I don't as far as an ILB goes I would say he was doing just fine without Vrabel.

I love Vrabel one of my all time favorite Pats but the guy is done. Does he bring leadership? Sure? Is he the reason they are 3-0? Nope. He isn't on the field in passing situations and has 8 tackles (solo and assisted) in 3 games.

You asked a question, I gave an answer. I'm not going to rehash the Vrabel trade in general, and I don't pretend to know how much of an impact Vrabel had on Johnson. However, if you think that Johnson was "doing just fine" before Vrabel got there, you're crazy. There's a reason that he wasn't starting last year, after all.

Last edited:
Love Moss on the Patriots and have always appreciated his skills, how he takes defenders away from other guys, and his personality (although admittedly it's a bit quirky).

But if he's not happy here, then it's time for him to go. We saw last year again how having malcontents around is a poison that affects everything (Adalius Thomas, I'm talking to YOU). And when a guy is unhappy after a great game in Miami and shifting the focus (again) to himself when it should be on the team and how they played, well, it's time for him to go.

I will miss him, and no he can't be replaced from a talent standpoint. But if it results in better team chemistry, a commitment from the young guys to step up and fill his shoes, and more of the "nobody believed in us" syndrome, I think it is the right thing to do. Pass the Koolaid, please!

I have questioned his hands, I questioned them again last night when he dropped yet another pass in the end zone.

You must have never seen a guy named Terrell Owens then... Moss is one of the best catching receivers of all time... it isn't exactly easy getting a one handed grab in an NFL game... maybe in practice where nobody cares, but in a huge stadium... only special guys can do that.

Since you absolutely, positively know for a fact events that have not yet occurred, care to share with us next week's winning lottery numbers, as well as who will win against the spread in every NFL game next Sunday?

Oh I sense the bitterness in your text. Im bettin the farm. Heres some powerball numbers for ya 04 12 18 28 69 and either 81 or 84. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back