PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rumor: Moss to Vikings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
its strange because tom curran said he talked to moss and he was very happy and satisfied with the game

Yeah... that was the impression I got from him too. Curran, that is.

I know there are many different opinions about him on here but...
@incarceratedbob I will try 2 get compensation part of deal as quick as i can, what im hearing(Let Me Be Clear-Just Rumored)is a #1Pick 2011 + 3rd 2011 or 12

and for good measure. The Jets Suck! :)

its strange because tom curran said he talked to moss and he was very happy and satisfied with the game

Yeah I saw other reports that he was smiling in the locker room and when people asked him about no catches he said, "It's the gameplan baby" or something to that effect...

This feeling is similar to the one I had when the Pats released Milloy...and this hasn't even officially happened yet. But it's a physically ill feeling.

Me too

Totally bummed.

Feels exactly like when Milloy got cut

Difference being that we actually upgraded Milloys spot with Rodney Harrison (who IMO is the single greatest free agent pickup the Pats ever got, Moss included)

I can assure you no one who would be an upgrade, or even remotely close to Moss's talent will be walking through that door if Moss leaves.

As far as Brady, I feel pretty confident he has known about this.

We will go from the #1 offense to hopefully staying in the top 10.

Man, just think of all the draft picks BB will get to trade away next season.

Damn it!

If this has any truth to it, could there be a scenario in which the Patriots actually discussed a contract with Randy (at a level below his current pay) and they are pulling a Deion Branch right now (allowing Randy to see what his market value is with a team that is so obviously a good fit and a bit desperate)?

If so, Randy might realize that his best bet is to play out the string for the Patriots.

I know there are many different opinions about him on here but...
@incarceratedbob I will try 2 get compensation part of deal as quick as i can, what im hearing(Let Me Be Clear-Just Rumored)is a #1Pick 2011 + 3rd 2011 or 12

and for good measure. The Jets Suck! :)

Don't you kind of have to make that trade?

Interesting how Tanguay reports this now, and noone else did earlier in the day.

Agreed. It's not as if these guys are pom-pom waving homers wanting to squash any story with the slightest hint of negativity, and suddenly they are reporting it now only because somebody has a gun to their head.

It's being reported that Moss and Belichick had an "encounter" after the Miami game, described as "not a good one." :confused:

Moss's 51 reception streak as a Pat was broken and he blamed the coaching staff.

BB warned him to shut his mouth and that lasted about 2 weeks.

The latest:
Per FoxSports' Jay Glazer, the Vikings and Patriots may end up consummating a Randy Moss trade without a new contract "if it comes down to it."
"They've been crankin' on it," says Glazer. Contrary to the original report, the Vikes have not contacted Moss about an extension and the Pats have yet to grant permission. NFL Network's Jason LaCanfora confirms Glazer's sentiment that a deal could still get done without a long-term contract. Moss is believed to be looking for $9-$10 million per year.

9-10mill a year????

CSNNE is reporting that Randy was very unhappy about the game last night and today in the locker room he let it be known to his teammates. Also there was encounter with Bill and Bill apparently is done with it.

curran actually reported last nite exactly the opposite that he spoke to moss and he was just fine...

Five things to remember: Pats 41, Dolphins 14
Recommend
Comment(2)
Email
Print
Facebook
RSS

Oct 4, 2010
PATRIOTS 41, DOLPHINS 14

THE NEWS
Patriots make a statement with 41-14 rout of Dolphins

Five things to remember from the victory

Patrick Chung has a breakout night

The best and the worst from the Pats' win

THE ANALYSIS
Curran: Patriots earn the right to revel

Felger: Everything old is new again

WATCH IT
Tom Brady touts the Pats' ability to spread the ball

Green-Ellis, Woodhead form a legitimate running tandem

By Tom E. Curran
CSNNE.com

MIAMI GARDENS, Florida - As predicted here . . . well, not really. This was a win that was not only unexpected but jaw-dropping in its decisiveness.

1. SPECIAL TEAMS

Whatever Patriots special-teams coach Scott O'Brien saw in the Dolphins' field-goal and punt protection got exploited by scheme, and more credit goes to the guy who did the dirty work, Patrick Chung. The Brandon Tate 103-yard return to open the second half wasn't wholly unexpected. He does that. But special-teams blocks have been rare. Chung's first set up the BenJarvus Green-Ellis touchdown that made it 20-7. Then the field-goal block turned a would-be 10-point lead (if Dan Carpenter had hit the field goal) into a 20-point lead after Kyle Arrington's scoop-and-score sealed this one.

"It says a lot about our hard work and how dedicated and devoted we are," said Arrington.

Throw in the five touchbacks and two field goals by Stephen Gostkowski and the 60-yard punt by Zoltan Mesko and you have two games worth of stellar plays. The only downside: Wes Welker's muff inside the 10 of a first-quarter punt that he recovered.

2. THE LILLIPUTIAN OFFENSE

On their first drive of the second half, the Patriots got small. On 10 of the 12 plays on their touchdown drive, Danny Woodhead and Wes Welker either caught, carried or were targeted with passes. Throw in the not-so-big BenJarvus Green-Ellis' 16 carries for 76 yards and Woodhead's 8 for 36, you have the lead backs getting 112 yards on 24 carries. A running game may have been discovered.

3. MOSS' STAT SHEET DISAPPEARANCE

For the first time since November of 2006 when he was with the Raiders, and for just the third time in his career, Randy Moss was held without a catch. He only had one ball thrown his way -- a fake spike bullet near the end of the half that he almost made a remarkable catch on. Despite that, he wasn't downtrodden in the locker room after.

I mentioned to him that he must have run about two miles in total. "I'm 33, man, haven't lost a step," he said.

Moss lamented the would-be touchdown catch. "I should have caught it. Hit my hands. It would have been a good catch but I should have caught it."

Watching the play from above, the throw was a back-shoulder timing throw that Moss barely had a chance to locate yet still almost hauled in. "I didn't have much time to locate it but Tom [Brady] is always so on-point with his throws that you know it's going to be there."

If there's speculation that Moss either A) dogged it or B) was pissed because of a lack of attempts . . . we weren't watching the same game.
this is what curran wrote

So he was covered all game then? You must've seen that? To refute me.

Nope but every shot of (including a highlight real) Moss/Davis shown during the game said otherwise.

And the onus is not on me to prove a statement made by you. So again unless you were at the game you are talking out of your ass.

Last edited:
BB was on EEI this afternoon

Fred, Steve and chief suckerupper Ordway...talked for a half hour....ZERO brought up on this...ZERO said about this...ZERO indication of ANY "lockeroom meltdown" reports...

but...suddenly...it's all true

on a related note...I got a nice Chevy Monza with doors to match...only three million bucks and a Las Vegas vacation...somebody help the Joker out and tweet this for me

great another darius butler,terrence wheatley,shawn crable,or tryone mckenezie. WIN NOW! They have enough damn draft picks. Offense is going to struggle without moss stretching the field. Where are the pats priorities? The draft pick that never is actually picked and just keeps getting traded and traded. It just isn't worth it giving up this good of a player. Unless they are getting Sidney Rice say no for the love of god BB please....
Don't mean to bash BB and his drafting he has hit on Chung,Meriweather, and such but cmon if they get a shawn crable and lose randy moss seriously...

Hope Curran is right on this on. He'll come out looking good if he is the lone voice of sanity in the chaos of the Twitterverse.

curran wrote that around 9PM...its now 10:13PM....

Cool...Moss gone...Welker will be tripled team and Pats screw up a great offense.

Agreed. It's not as if these guys are pom-pom waving homers wanting to squash any story with the slightest hint of negativity, and suddenly they are reporting it now only because somebody has a gun to their head.

The soccer moms on WEEI this morning made mention that "Randy Moss is unhappy" after last night's win. It was just a throw away line and never brought up again, at least in the 15 minutes of the show I listened to...Blind squirrel?

Jackson didnt go to vikes cause chargers didnt like compensation. No way pats would get a 1+, because chargers wouldnof had to taken that.

It's being reported that Moss and Belichick had an "encounter" after the Miami game, described as "not a good one." :confused:

I like how this is coming out now and not earlier today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents