PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Roster updates: PUP activations and IR options

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rap:

Wow. RT @realpatriots: Patriots Activate Faulk & Deaderick to the 53-Man Roster; Place Dowling on Injured Reserve

Twitter

That leaves us with McCourty, Arrington, Molden and Adams at CB.

were one injury away from being very thin at CB position

We have two more CB's on the practice squad. Whether they're NFL-caliber is another story.

I still think Ross Ventrone and Donald Thomas are keeping the bench warm for Cannon and Brace.

I'm fairly certain that Ventrone will get the heave-ho to make room for Brace. Whether Cannon gets activated to the roster is another question.

Wow and yet we cut Bodden, great work Belichick.

Yeah, and what with that terrible record over the last decade, I think he should be fired.

We may question him, and occasionally we may have a point. But what other NFL coach has been right so often in this century? Despite constant turnover, the Patriots are ALWAYS a contender. Maybe it's worth considering that a monumental accomplishment that is.

Yeah, and what with that terrible record over the last decade, I think he should be fired.

We may question him, and occasionally we may have a point. But what other NFL coach has been right so often in this century? Despite constant turnover, the Patriots are ALWAYS a contender. Maybe it's worth considering that a monumental accomplishment that is.

Tom Brady --------- GOAT

That's covered up a lot of problems. Go ask the Colts how that works.

Wtf?!?!?!??!?!!?

So let me get this straight. Molden will be covering teams 3rd WRs. This kid better be halfway decent.

Last edited:
Tom Brady --------- GOAT

That's covered up a lot of problems. Go ask the Colts how that works.

100% correct. Glad to see someone is objective and not just an unrelenting homer. Belichick's "bold" moves wouldn't look so clever without TB12 under center.

I still can't believe this, Mccourty, Arrington, Molden, Adams are the 4 CBs.

To just think if the time comes in Superbowl 46 when the Packers are using their 4 WR sets, Molden and Adams will both be on the field.

Maybe Sterling Moore is a stud! :D

100% correct. Glad to see someone is objective and not just an unrelenting homer. Belichick's "bold" moves wouldn't look so clever without TB12 under center.

so the Matt Cassel season was just an aberration? 11-5 losing your starting all pro QB equals the Indy Colts 2011?

so the Matt Cassel season was just an aberration? 11-5 losing your starting all pro QB equals the Indy Colts 2011?

From 16-0 against a difficult schedule, to 11-5 against an easy schedule, despite having a QB that was playing at a Pro Bowl level in the second half of the year.

Yes, that's pretty much about as close are you're going to get to the Indy Colts 2011 in terms of play drop. The only real difference, besides the huge gap between BB and Caldwell, is that the Colts defense was specifically designed to play from ahead and get to the QB, so that side of the ball is getting affected more than the 2008 Patriots defense.

Last edited:
From 16-0 against a difficult schedule, to 11-5 against an easy schedule, despite having a QB that was playing at a Pro Bowl level in the second half of the year.

Yes, that's pretty much about as close are you're going to get to the Indy Colts 2011 in terms of play drop. The only real difference is that the Colts defense was specifically designed to play from ahead and get to the QB, so that side of the ball is getting affected more than the 2008 Patriots defense.

^^ This

People seem to forget the strength of schedule (or lack there of) that the Patriots had that season.

Yes, that's pretty much about as close are you're going to get to the Indy Colts 2011 in terms of play drop. The only real difference, besides the huge gap between BB and Caldwell, is that the Colts defense was specifically designed to play from ahead and get to the QB, so that side of the ball is getting affected more than the 2008 Patriots defense.

But aren't those points -- the difference b/t Belichick and Caldwell, and the design of the Colts' defense versus that of the Pats -- part of the overall point?

Yes, clearly Brady helps A LOT (like Manning did). But there has also been a lot of talent here and a great coach in Belichick.

There is a system in place that has done a lot to keep the team competing at a high level year in and year out, not simply Brady, and Belichick is a/the key designer of that system.

(btw, I don't understand the Bodden move, either. While I think he was overrated, like many folks here I would have expected him to be kept for lack of a better option and / or depth.)

But aren't those points -- the difference b/t Belichick and Caldwell, and the design of the Colts' defense versus that of the Pats -- part of the overall point?

No... The Colts argument was brought in by Joker, not by the original poster on the idea. I was just pointing out that there's really very little difference between the two situations.

Yes, clearly Brady helps A LOT (like Manning did). But there has also been a lot of talent here and a great coach in Belichick.

There is a system in place that has done a lot to keep the team competing at a high level year in and year out, not simply Brady, and Belichick is a/the key designer of that system.

(btw, I don't understand the Bodden move, either. While I think he was overrated, like many folks here I would have expected him to be kept for lack of a better option and / or depth.)

Talent means nothing if it can't stay on the field or keeps getting cut/traded. At that point it becomes either questionable as help or questionable as a bad choice by the talent acquisition side of the Patriots.

uh...the difference is...Indy has not won a game and looks like an 0-16 squad...you can't see a difference between that and MATT CASSEL playing 16 games and putting up an 11-5 record??? This is an equivalence to you?

uh...the difference is...Indy has not won a game and looks like an 0-16 squad...you can't see a difference between that and MATT CASSEL playing 16 games and putting up an 11-5 record??? This is an equivalence to you?

You tried to make it out as if not being the Colts was some big thing. I simply pointed out that the similarities were there. If you can't see them, you're being willfully blind. Painter sucks ass, so that's a bigger drop than Brady to Cassel. The overall situation ends up the same, though. 18-1 to 11-5 and no playoffs is a huge drop.

So, anyway ... welcome back Kevin Faulk! Reiss:

As for Faulk, his work in pass protection should be an upgrade, especially with pressure-based defenses (Steelers, Giants, Jets) next on the schedule. He figures to cut into Danny Woodhead's playing time.

No... The Colts argument was brought in by Joker, not by the original poster on the idea. I was just pointing out that there's really very little difference between the two situations.

I was referring to Joker's comment, actually, and the comment re Brady. That wasn't clear, sorry.

I agree with Joker that going 11-5 does show that it's more than simply Brady -- easier schedule notwithstanding.

...Talent means nothing if it can't stay on the field or keeps getting cut/traded. At that point it becomes either questionable as help or questionable as a bad choice by the talent acquisition side of the Patriots.

Well, of course. All I was saying is that it hasn't been just Brady, or anything close to it.

Well, of course. All I was saying is that it hasn't been just Brady, or anything close to it.

It's football. It's a 22+ man sport. It's never going to be just one player. However, the reality is that having the GOAT has covered up a lot of problems, pedantic appeals to "It's not just Brady!" notwithstanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News