PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rodney Harrison Support thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Rodney will read any of this. But I'll pretend he will.

It breaks my heart I can't bring myself to make the justifications and split the hairs. I just can't. I know deep down that the HGH thing is a F***-up. Period.

There may be lots of other f***-ups in the league. I might be one of them were this me in the situation and not you. I am not holier-than-thou.

But I can't defend you, and I think you know why... because basically I do believe you're the true-blue guy people are talking about here. You know what it is, I know what it is... "it is what it is."

I'll watch you on the field come October, with the rest of the country. I'll be rooting for you and the team, no doubt.

But screw the hairsplitting. If you can't heal fast enough for this league, nothing's worth going that route again. Then it's nature's way of telling you to go home.

You want one more ring, we want one more ring, everybody wants one more ring. Screw that... if it's time, it's time. If you'd have been on "the bubble" if you took an extra month or two to heal, then maybe it's time to move on.

You guys go through physical pain all season, both injuries and just every day. You pay in pain for our entertainment, and of course, for your admittedly insane salaries (yeah even the guys that get a million or two a year...)

We don't really understand how much you sacrifice, and maybe you guys don't understand how guys making 25, 50, 100K a year aren't chumps to root for you. We just love the game and the team.

You got busted, and accepted the consequences. I like that. I just can't join in the denial fest. Like I said, it is what it is, and the fanboy side will move on, just as the athletes will feel the pulse of the league and weigh the odds differently.

We'll see you in October - make us proud again.

PFnV

Well said...I was shocked when I read it on the scroll on NFLN. I just thought at his age and the veteran leadership he showed that he would not do this. Big time dissapointment.

Wow, haven't had a chance to sign on yet, but what a shocker...Rodney is one of the last people I would have expected, but that is telling, isn't it? His track record as a player and a person as a Patriot is so strong that we can certainly take his apology to be sincere and genuine and forgive his mistake.

He made a mistake, he F'd up. But he took it like a man and owned up to it. What more can you ask of him? Certainly, it changes the way you look at him, certainly I'm disappointed and we know he is disappointed in himself.

But to me, the scenario is different - the reason why roids in football is a problem is b/c the sport is so violent in nature, and giving anyone an extra edge puts others health and livelihood in jeopardy. That's why Merriman is a punk. On top of that, there's the plain fact that it's cheating and gives you and your team an unfair advantage.

What Rodney did didn't do either of those things - he didn't jeopardize other players by giving himself an unfair advantage in an already violent game, and he didn't give his team an edge in any games. That doesn't excuse what he did at all, it doesn't mean what he did is OK, but it is - in some sense - understandable. We'd have to be naive to think this kind of thing isn't a part of the sport, and that the Patriots are somehow above it. Let's just be thankful that Rodney - like a true Patriot - accepted what he did and owned up.

Last edited:
I wish this never happened but do want to extend my full support to Rodney - for being a true man who took full responsibility, apologized and vowed to come back. Hope the Kraft family also see it the same way and give him a second chance.

YGBFKM!! A "support" thread?? You guys take the cake.

Hey Mods, is there anyway to ban this moron, he is THE most useless POS to ever set up shop here.

Enough is enough.

Hey Mods, is there anyway to ban this moron, he is THE most useless POS to ever set up shop here.

Enough is enough.

No, we can't.

And he hasn't done anything to warrant it yet. Just a different opinion.

Enough is enough.

Put him on ignore. It's not as if you'll be missing out on any legitimate discussion if you do.

I fully support Rodney as long as he is on the patriots, and support every pats player. That doesn't mean i am not pissed at him for using HGH, he shouldn't have done it.

also, what does ignore do? just not show the person's post?

Go back and watch your real team, the Red Sox.

Ummmm?? I know one Red Sox fan who has been VERY vocal in HER support for #37. Who could that be??? No, wait give me a sec, I'm sure the name will come to me. ;)

Being a baseball fan, I have more experience in dealing with banned substance issues and a league that does NOTHING to stop this problem, worse still they celebrate those who achieve great things thanks to banned substances. The NFL commish is making his stand against this stuff. I hate that one of our own got caught in this, but on the other hand I applaud the commissioner for not ignoring this problem as they have done in MLB.

Sorry this happened to you guys. Could probably happen on ANY of the teams in the league. But a SUPPORT thread? No need to kick a man when he's down, but to laud him for "coming clean" is a bit over the top for me.

Sorry this happened to you guys. Could probably happen on ANY of the teams in the league. But a SUPPORT thread? No need to kick a man when he's down, but to laud him for "coming clean" is a bit over the top for me.

Ok, think of it this way. Remember year after year of Peyton choking in the playoffs and then throwing his teammates under the bus and not accepting the blame for the fact that he'd just gas-piped yet again? People here are applauding Rodney for not behaving in that manner.

he made a mistake...knowingly...banned for 4 games...anyone remember how many times they mentioned merrimens substance abuse in game with pats...except to say he could have had even more sacks? it is what it. that unfortunately is sports nowadays.

Ok, think of it this way. Remember year after year of Peyton choking in the playoffs and then throwing his teammates under the bus and not accepting the blame for the fact that he'd just gas-piped yet again? People here are applauding Rodney for not behaving in that manner.

Trying to bait me? Applaud all you want, I can't hear it from here anyway.

Trying to bait me? Applaud all you want, I can't hear it from here anyway.

No, I wasn't trying to bait you. I was trying to make it personal to your team, so you'd get the point. Manning didn't take responsibility for his failings, Harrison has.

No, I wasn't trying to bait you. I was trying to make it personal to your team, so you'd get the point. Manning didn't take responsibility for his failings, Harrison has.
Disagree, Manning has more class in his pinky than your thug Rodney could ever hope to have.

As long as your a Pat its ok. So what if you knowingly did a banned subject, your a Patriot so its ok. You still are a class act and a great guy unlike that Merriman clown who did drugs. Dont worry Rodney we gotcha back

Last edited:
Disagree, Manning has more class in his pinky than your thug Rodney could ever hope to have.

Ahhh.... who's baiting who? Well, no matter, the historical record is what it is. Mr. "more class in his pinky" threw his teammates under the bus.

Manning classy?? Throwing his line under the bus is class....really??? Manning is a whiny cry baby...who got very lucky last year..see what happens when the Target is on his back...

All you got is, "well, we had some protection problems"??That's what you're coming with? So, he didn't sugar coat it. His O-line took an ass kicking. Didn't seem to have any ill effects, as the O-line looked quite strong in the 4th quarter of the AFCCG. You like PANCAKES??

All you got is, "well, we had some protection problems"??That's what you're coming with? So, he didn't sugar coat it. His O-line took an ass kicking. Didn't seem to have any ill effects, as the O-line looked quite strong in the 4th quarter of the AFCCG. You like PANCAKES??

I like them fine. I don't like pansies who can't admit when they've stunk out the joint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back