PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rodney Harrison Support thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant wait till he's back!

I don't want to be an Rodney apologist, he did a very good job of doing that himself.

I want to say this again. What he did was against NFL rules and it was wrong. He is being punished for it. He's paying the price. The team is being punished for it. We don't know what price the team will pay in W's or L's.

Now, if he had been taking these to get bigger, faster, or stronger it would be a different story. I would not condone it for a minute and would advocate that the team release him. But he suffered a very serious injury and used the HGH to help the healing process. I'm sure he wasn't thinking clearly while dealing with that type of injury, that should be taken into account.

I've read his statement many times over. I've heard the tone that he gave the statement many times over. There was not one hint of arrogance or weasel words being used.

I really don't understand why some of you can't accept that and forgive, as fans. I'm not questioning some of you as to your fan status. But, there have been some here who come off as fair weather fans only.

Rodney you are a cheater but you are our cheater.

Maybe Harrison would be on the PUP list if he didn't cheat. Maybe his season would be over. And maybe players who use steriods would not make their squads. Why does it matter?

Good point, but I'm left wondering where he would be WITHOUT having used the HGH to recover so quickly and thoroughly.

I'm on the fence with this issue specifically because the drug was used by Rodney to speed recovery and not as a performance enhancer a la anabolic steroids. I assume the NFL does not test for HGH because it lacks reliable means. Why ban something they can't enforce by testing? I'll bet HGH use is rampant and Harrison's being caught was a rare anomaly.

The four-game suspension vs. longer seems somewhat telling re., the degree of Rodney's "cheating" transgression.

Almost all of us will welcome him back. But he is no longer a leader or a role model. He used illegal drugs to get an edge over other players and violated NFL rules. The NFL will develop better detection methods. Next time, it will a season.

I don't want to be an Rodney apologist, he did a very good job of doing that himself.

I want to say this again. What he did was against NFL rules and it was wrong. He is being punished for it. He's paying the price. The team is being punished for it. We don't know what price the team will pay in W's or L's.

Now, if he had been taking these to get bigger, faster, or stronger it would be a different story. I would not condone it for a minute and would advocate that the team release him. But he suffered a very serious injury and used the HGH to help the healing process. I'm sure he wasn't thinking clearly while dealing with that type of injury, that should be taken into account.

I've read his statement many times over. I've heard the tone that he gave the statement many times over. There was not one hint of arrogance or weasel words being used.

I really don't understand why some of you can't accept that and forgive, as fans. I'm not questioning some of you as to your fan status. But, there have been some here who come off as fair weather fans only.

Why do people in this thread argue about what they and everyone thinks. I'm bummed, not for him, but the team.

This isn't the same ( in my opinion ) as the Merriman situation from last year, different drug.

Rodney screwed up, saw it was going to come out, decided to just admit too it and get it over with. He didn't test positive, he got caught buying it, so his options were limited as far as excuses go. Still, thumbs up for the way he dealt with it.

Do I forgive him, who cares ! The real question is, after those 4 games, will his teammates forgive him.

Do I understand why he did what he did, sure do, but that again, means nothing !

It's already over with, he's out and the games will go on. See ya in 5 weeks Rodney, please don't screw up again and if your having problems getting your body to heal, don't come back next year. Retire and relax with the family !!

Almost all of us will welcome him back. But he is no longer a leaderor a role model.
No longer a leader? How do you know this? I was under the assumption that he'll still be a leader on the defense when he comes back.

He used illegal drugs to get an edge over other players and violated NFL rules. The NFL will develop better detection methods. Next time, it will a season.
Thats not what he said he used them for.

Last edited:
No longer a leader? How do you know this? I was under the assumption that he'll still be a leader on the defense when he comes back.

Thats not what he said he used them for.

you idiot he used the drugs to get back and that is cheating no doubt yet no doubt he wil find some fools to back him a cheat is a cheat

"We just weren't able to pick up their blitzes today"-Tom Brady, throwing his teammates under the bus.

"We had some protection problems"-Peyton Manning, throwing his teammates under the bus.

Saw that in a sig somewhere. I can't verify with complete certainty that Tom ever said that, but I wouldn't doubt it. And, there's nothing wrong with either statement. Its just that the Peyton-haters are always looking for something, ANYTHING to use against him.

In a lot of ways, he's a victim of his own success.

You forgot a part, what Manning actually said was "I'm trying to be a good teammate here … let's just say we had some problems with protection."

It's almost like Manning knew that what he was about to say was going to be the exact opposite of being a good teammate don't you think?

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2007/09/05/harrison_didnt_hide/?page=full

Read this article and the prosecutor's words.

Rodney did wrong.

However, if you read the article and what the Government investigator is saying, there is much to be proud of regarding Rodney Harrison and the New England Patriot organization.
Soares, while praising Harrison for accepting responsibility and speaking forthrightly to prosecutors about his involvement in the scandal, also commended the Patriots and the NFL for cooperating with the investigation. In addition to helping clear the way for prosecutors to interview Harrison in Foxborough, Soares indicated, the Patriots protected the integrity of the investigation by not disclosing information to Harrison that could have enabled him to alter his story.

"We've had experience with confronting people with this kind of information and they are not forthcoming and cooperative," Soares said. "Any time they are willing to sit down at the table and be honest and forthright, you have to admire that."

So what I am trying to understand is how Clemens can be getting a cortisone injection (a steriod) for his elbow today to help his rehab.... Isn't that against the rules?

So what I am trying to understand is how Clemens can be getting a cortisone injection (a steriod) for his elbow today to help his rehab.... Isn't that against the rules?

Cortisone is a corticosteroid. It is not an anabolic steroid. It will not build muscle; in fact they cause muscle wasting.

you idiot he used the drugs to get back and that is cheating no doubt yet no doubt he wil find some fools to back him a cheat is a cheat
have you ever gone over the speed limit?? CHEATER!!!!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3007078

"I was quite impressed with Mr. Harrison's response when he was confronted with the issue," P. David Soares, the Albany DA, told the Globe. "I commend him for immediately taking responsibility and being completely cooperative and forthright."

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes