PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rodney Harrison Support thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of us in Charger Land are depressed as well. We love Rodney.

And we certainly know what you're going through. I hope it doesn't happen again.

thanks. i'll certainly be less self-righteous the next time this happens to an opponent.

I know for one thing Rodney has my support, especially after reading this CC. We've all made mistakes, and it seemed he truly is apologetic. I will be looking forward to his hopeful return! Best of luck Rodney!

I understand why he did it. Even though I could conceive myself of possibly giving into that temptation (and I rarely even take stuff like asprin) I don't condone it. I'm very satisfied with his public response and accepting full responsibility for his actions. He earned his suspension and now must serve it.

I'm looking fwd to seeing him on the field for game 5.

Last edited:
i don't live in boston anymore so this just hit the news here today.

i won't say i'm "disappointed" in rodney, since that seems condescending to an adult who made a bad decision.

however, i am angry that he hurt himself and his team at the start of what we all hope will be a memorable patriots season, whatever reasons he offers after being caught.

finally, though, i forgive him, assuming no other members of the patriots organization were dragged into this. he has just contributed too much and been too important a part of the championships for any of us to turn our backs on him now.

i hope he gets himself in the best possible place emotionally, fixes whatever he needs to fix with his coaches, teammates and patriots management and comes back strong and healthy after his suspension, when, hopefully, we will still be 4--0 or 3--1 even without him.

good luck, Rodney!

I agree...he's the MAN no matter what..he admitted his mistakes and did not try and weasel the way out like many other p***ys. Will be waiting to see him in game 5..

I have always admired Rodney and I continue to admire him. Even in his mistakes, he comes across as a mensch. I understand why he was driven to do what he did--by a fierce desire to play and compete, which, by itself is admirable. What he did was wrong, however, and he will pay the penalty. But I am certain, he will come back and play like the man he is.

When reading the news about Rodney's suspension last night on Patsfan, I was appalled at the cold hardedness of a number of posters. I thought I was on the Jets Insider. Rodney admitted his mistake to the commissioner and was remorseful in his public statements.

Godspeed, Rodney. See you in October. Help us get to Glendale.

Sorry...it's just so lame of Pat's fans to show so much "Man Love" for a cheater. Reading Rodney's support threads is like looking at last year's Charger's "Man Love" threads for Merriman.

And please give up on that "people who have never done anything wrong in their lives are venting their spleens" spiel. You sound like a Mike Vick defender.

Did you even read his statement? Probably not. I"d rather that you do not forgive or support him. Don't need fair weather fans like you.

And BTW, he is just part of an on going, much larger investigation into this stuff. There will be an NFL asst coach and an NFL doctor, who bought $150,000 worth of this stuff, brought up on charges. Where do you think this $150,000 worth of stuff went to?:eek:

Go back and watch your real team, the Red Sox.

#1 - Rodney cheated. We can say "broke the rules" but performance enhancing drugs are cheating.

#2 - LOTS of other current NFL players are cheating the same way. There's just no way to stop them as there's no test. One can never prove it - only guys like Rodney who decide they don't want to lie as well as cheat will be caught. I have my suspicions about other players - on other teams and on the Patriots - who have used HGH or steroids - in the past and currently.

#3 - Before folks start comparing Rodney with Barry Bonds, cheating this way in football is a LOT different from doing the same thing in Baseball. If anyone doesn't understand the difference in the two sports and how stats and performance and outcome are measured I'll hapilly explain it to them - but it's apples to oranges.

Let's not get overly righteous against Rodney when we KNOW this has been happening for a very long time, with guys on our own team and elsewhere in the NFL. This should be especially true about fans of other teams, where it can be stated with all certainty that THEY have players on their team using HGH or other drugs - its just that unlike Rodney they won't admit it.

Last edited:
Rodney is true blue. Every word out of his mouth is real. There aint no fake in him. He loves his team, his coach, his fans. True blue. Red, White and Blue. We love you forever Rodney.

I would only hope that I handle personal public adversity in as classy a way. He took FULL responsibility. No excuses, even though we can surmise what he was dealing with. He earned the penalty and now he takes it like a man.

See you in game 5!

Dear Rodney,

You have nothing to be ashamed off. For us Pats fans you will always be a true patriot. Use of HGH to me is lot (million times) better than use of steroids. I am not making an excuse, or condoning your behavior, you made a simple mistake - like we all do sometimes in our life - but you owned it up like a man. I am very proud that you are playing for Patriots. I can assure that there are very few athletes of your stature in all of pro leagues. Keep your chin up. It could have been lots worse. We are always on your side,and always got your back.

Peace.

I don't think Rodney will read any of this. But I'll pretend he will.

It breaks my heart I can't bring myself to make the justifications and split the hairs. I just can't. I know deep down that the HGH thing is a F***-up. Period.

There may be lots of other f***-ups in the league. I might be one of them were this me in the situation and not you. I am not holier-than-thou.

But I can't defend you, and I think you know why... because basically I do believe you're the true-blue guy people are talking about here. You know what it is, I know what it is... "it is what it is."

I'll watch you on the field come October, with the rest of the country. I'll be rooting for you and the team, no doubt.

But screw the hairsplitting. If you can't heal fast enough for this league, nothing's worth going that route again. Then it's nature's way of telling you to go home.

You want one more ring, we want one more ring, everybody wants one more ring. Screw that... if it's time, it's time. If you'd have been on "the bubble" if you took an extra month or two to heal, then maybe it's time to move on.

You guys go through physical pain all season, both injuries and just every day. You pay in pain for our entertainment, and of course, for your admittedly insane salaries (yeah even the guys that get a million or two a year...)

We don't really understand how much you sacrifice, and maybe you guys don't understand how guys making 25, 50, 100K a year aren't chumps to root for you. We just love the game and the team.

You got busted, and accepted the consequences. I like that. I just can't join in the denial fest. Like I said, it is what it is, and the fanboy side will move on, just as the athletes will feel the pulse of the league and weigh the odds differently.

We'll see you in October - make us proud again.

PFnV

I still support Rodney 100%.

He clearly has an amazing passion for the game and desire to win. He has spent much of the last 2+ seasons injured and watching from the sidelines. Could this have resulted in making a poor decision to try and get back on the field quicker? Who knows??

I do know one thing... Rodney is a tremendous football player, dedicated to this team and he'll be back in four weeks, with a vengeance.

Yeah, it was a bad decision.

Yes, if it were a Colt Player or any other rival I would be all over it.

But after reading Rodney's statement it confirmed for me what I really felt was most likely his reasons for making a poor decision.

I can tell you in my life, on more then one occasion unfortunately, I have made worse decisions then Rodney did here.

I'm just here to say "can't wait to see you back here in October Rodney".

I'm no less a fan of his then before. Disappointed, yes. But I sure can't throw the first stone.

Screw the rival fans who eat this up.

Hurry back Rodney!

Amen to that.

I think it's pretty funny that so many of the people that are defending Harrison were the same ones who talked a wealth of smack about Shawne Merriman last year for using a tainted supplement...(NOT a substance that he knew was banned...it just wasn't on the approved supllements list). Yet Harrison went out and procured HGH with no doubt as to what he was doing...KNOWING that it was banned...and ya'll are sticking up for him.

So which is it?

Do you hate ALL players that use banned substances?

Or just when they're from other teams?

How about the intent of the player?

Oh...and this isn't just hate from a Chargers fan to Pats fans...Harrison was my all-time favorite player back when he was with San Diego...and I still watched Pats games from time to time just to see him play.

Anyway...just wanted ya'll to think about that next time you want to talk smack about Merriman...:)

so many of the people that are defending Harrison were the same ones who talked a wealth of smack about Shawne Merriman last year for using a tainted supplement...(NOT a substance that he knew was banned...it just wasn't on the approved supllements list).

If you truly believe that Merriman took a "tainted supplement" with Nandrolone in it, and that he didn't take steroids voluntarily, you are the most gullible human being on the planet. He took Deca. Period. No "supplement", no "mistake".

Here, read this:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/20061025-0156-1s25nandro1.html

I believe the quote about the tainted supplement excuse is “It's just not credible to people with an IQ above room temperature.”

Last edited:
HGH is not steroids. Aiding the healing process by using HGH is totally defensible from a medical ethics and, if prescribed by a Dr., Legal viewpoint. It is only "illegal" in that Mr. Harrison's place of employment has stated that it is not permitted. From that standpoint Rodney broke the rules. He's fessed up. He's going to pay the price. End of story.

HGH is muy expensive but if I could afford it, I'd take it every day. Best anti-aging drug they have come up with yet.

Hang tough Rodney.

I think it's pretty funny that so many of the people that are defending Harrison were the same ones who talked a wealth of smack about Shawne Merriman last year for using a tainted supplement...(NOT a substance that he knew was banned...it just wasn't on the approved supllements list). Yet Harrison went out and procured HGH with no doubt as to what he was doing...KNOWING that it was banned...and ya'll are sticking up for him.

So which is it?

Oh...and this isn't just hate from a Chargers fan to Pats fans...Harrison was my all-time favorite player back when he was with San Diego...and I still watched Pats games from time to time just to see him play.

Anyway...just wanted ya'll to think about that next time you want to talk smack about Merriman...:)
We just hate trolls like u that is all...

So which is it?

Morons who troll other teams boards just to talk smack seldom think. If they did I'd suggest a lot of them think more and post less even on their own teams boards. A lot of the most indignant indignity you see in times like these comes from people who feel betrayed because the player has cost them their trolling moral high ground. And rather than lose that, they go thermo nuclear on their own to prove they retain some imaginary troll high ground.

At least when caught Rodney admitted what he did and why he did it and that it was wrong. Shawn on the other hand tried the steriod version of the dog ate my homework excuse. He promised to clear himself of any wrongdoing on appeal. Then when it was convenient for his team, he dropped his appeal. And got voted to the Pro Bowl.

Go back to the beach, little self-righteous Chargerette.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes