PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rodney Harrison Support thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like them fine. I don't like pansies who can't admit when they've stunk out the joint.
Wilfork apparently does as well. Maybe you and pansy boy can go to the IHOP and enjoy them some time. Maybe Nov 4th, in INDY??

Wilfork apparently does as well. Maybe you and pansy boy can go to the IHOP and enjoy them some time. Maybe Nov 4th, in INDY??

Sure. Will that be before or after Manning is throwing his teammates under the bus after yet another loss and another gas-piping performance?

As long as your a Pat its ok. So what if you knowingly did a banned subject, your a Patriot so its ok. You still are a class act and a great guy unlike that Merriman clown who did drugs. Dont worry Rodney we gotcha back

No offense, but your baseball team has one the biggest cheaters in recent MLB history. If memory serves, your boy told the media his added bulk was from eating at Taco Bell. So watch which glass houses you throw stones at.....Our guy admitted what he did.

Sure. Will that be before or after Manning is throwing his teammates under the bus after yet another loss and another gas-piping performance?

Yet another loss? We are on a 5 game roll, baby, plus three in a row over the PayTreeAughts. He hasn't thrown anyone und any bus, brotha, now chill and hope you come to Indy with a .500 record and still in the P.O. hunt. LATE.

Ahhh.... who's baiting who? Well, no matter, the historical record is what it is. Mr. "more class in his pinky" threw his teammates under the bus.

"We just weren't able to pick up their blitzes today"-Tom Brady, throwing his teammates under the bus.

"We had some protection problems"-Peyton Manning, throwing his teammates under the bus.

Saw that in a sig somewhere. I can't verify with complete certainty that Tom ever said that, but I wouldn't doubt it. And, there's nothing wrong with either statement. Its just that the Peyton-haters are always looking for something, ANYTHING to use against him.

In a lot of ways, he's a victim of his own success.

Yeah, his teammates were so pissed off that they went out and won the Super-Bowl the very next year.:rolleyes: LMAO.

It's time to let that go, don't you think? You can only harp on imaginary things for so long before people start thinking you're crazy.:D

"We just weren't able to pick up their blitzes today"-Tom Brady, throwing his teammates under the bus.

"We had some protection problems"-Peyton Manning, throwing his teammates under the bus.

Saw that in a sig somewhere. I can't verify with complete certainty that Tom ever said that, but I wouldn't doubt it. And, there's nothing wrong with either statement. Its just that the Peyton-haters are always looking for something, ANYTHING to use against him.

In a lot of ways, he's a victim of his own success.

Both lines are similar except Manning began his statement with, "I'm trying to be a good teammate but" and Brady's continue with an explanation about how he made the wrong blitz adjustment.

Taken out of context they are the same. In their proper perspective, Manning is *clearly* deflecting criticism. I'm not saying he was wrong. The OL did play poorly, but Cot fans have a habit of ignoring the most important part of the entire passage. "I'm trying to be a good teammate, but...."

Yeah, his teammates were so pissed off that they went out and won the Super-Bowl the very next year.:rolleyes: LMAO.

It's time to let that go, don't you think? You can only harp on imaginary things for so long before people start thinking you're crazy.:D

Oh, please.... your partner in slime was baiting me, so I toyed back at him. I've got nothing against Peyton other than the ridiculous size/shape of his head, and the fact that he throws his teammates under the bus at seemingly every opportunity.

Now go wash your panties, and if you have any issues, you can take them up with this:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=gallo/060116

Last edited:
Bump the Rodney support thread.

Here is what I find asinine: If one more person, Patsfan or not, includes HGH in the same category as steroids, I will lose my mind. HGH is increasingly being used by the general public as an anti-aging supplement. The FDA is currently conducting research on it as such because of the increasing evidence that in small doses, it could be as close to a "fountain of youth" as we have. Men, especially, find it helpful in recovering from injuries, stabilizing weight, increasing metabolism, and reversing, yes reversing some aging effects...it is often coupled with testosterone dosing when used as an anti-aging therapy.

I personally know 2 people in their late 20's who take it. Neither boast increased strength, but both boast overall better health than before. Harrison took it to ensure/improve recovery from a serious injury and I would do the exact same thing. That's right, I don't give a crap about it one iota, and am glad that it frigging worked, and he recovered quickly. For those of you who think it is a steroid, please do the research so you don't look like a total moron. I look at this the same way I look at stimulants which are legal, but banned by the NFL. Wrist slap is fine...big deal.

Oh, please.... your partner in slime was baiting me, so I toyed back at him. I've got nothing against Peyton other than the ridiculous size/shape of his head, and the fact that he throws his teammates under the bus at seemingly every opportunity.

Now go wash your panties, and if you have any issues, you can take them up with this:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=gallo/060116

All I want is for him to learn from his mistakes and take more responsibility for his own failings when the Colts are inevitably eliminated next season.-Dj Gallo.

Thats my favorite part of that story.:D

Yeah, it was a bad decision.

Yes, if it were a Colt Player or any other rival I would be all over it.

But after reading Rodney's statement it confirmed for me what I really felt was most likely his reasons for making a poor decision.

I can tell you in my life, on more then one occasion unfortunately, I have made worse decisions then Rodney did here.

I'm just here to say "can't wait to see you back here in October Rodney".

I'm no less a fan of his then before. Disappointed, yes. But I sure can't throw the first stone.

Screw the rival fans who eat this up.

Hurry back Rodney!

Always have been behind harrison 110% and plan on doing so see ya in week 5 dawg!

I guess I am supposed be glad that Harrison has such great support in purposely violating NFL rules and putting the team at risk.

Here is what I find asinine: If one more person, Patsfan or not, includes HGH in the same category as steroids, I will lose my mind. HGH is increasingly being used by the general public as an anti-aging supplement. The FDA is currently conducting research on it as such because of the increasing evidence that in small doses, it could be as close to a "fountain of youth" as we have. Men, especially, find it helpful in recovering from injuries, stabilizing weight, increasing metabolism, and reversing, yes reversing some aging effects...it is often coupled with testosterone dosing when used as an anti-aging therapy.

I personally know 2 people in their late 20's who take it. Neither boast increased strength, but both boast overall better health than before. Harrison took it to ensure/improve recovery from a serious injury and I would do the exact same thing. That's right, I don't give a crap about it one iota, and am glad that it frigging worked, and he recovered quickly. For those of you who think it is a steroid, please do the research so you don't look like a total moron. I look at this the same way I look at stimulants which are legal, but banned by the NFL. Wrist slap is fine...big deal.

I guess I am supposed be glad that Harrison has such great support in purposely violating NFL rules and putting the team at risk.

There is no current test for HGH. Total fluke that he was caught...I believe that a staggering number of pro athletes use HGH in some way. Again, I recognize that he broke the rule, but don't find this particular rule to have any moral implications, and think it is a farce to lump HGH in with a steroid rule. In plain English...it shouldn't be banned in the first place when used for injury-related issues. As for putting the team at risk...if he hadn't done it, I doubt he even would have made it back...so I'll take the risk of losing him for 4 games vs. forever.

It's in the same category in one important way. They're both banned by the NFL.

Why would someone in their twenties take it? That's bizarre, I can't imagine a reputable doctor prescribing that.

It's in the same category in one important way. They're both banned by the NFL.

Why would someone in their twenties take it? That's bizarre, I can't imagine a reputable doctor prescribing that.

Late twenties is when natural growth hormone experiences a sharp decline which is when bone-density decreases,and other age-related issues begin to happen i.e. hair loss/hormone decreases. The school of thought is: stop the aging process right when the hormone naturally begins to disipate.

I have no problem with a 4 game suspension...it's fair. But some want to lump the guy in with roid freaks which is simply inaccurate.

Late twenties is when natural growth hormone experiences a sharp decline which is when bone-density decreases,and other age-related issues begin to happen i.e. hair loss/hormone decreases. The school of thought is: stop the aging process right when the hormone naturally begins to disipate.

I have no problem with a 4 game suspension...it's fair. But some want to lump the guy in with roid freaks which is simply inaccurate.

KDP, I understand you have personal (family) positive experience with HGH. But you have to realize, people have exactly the same medical experience with steroids (arthritics, asthmatics -- any time inflammation is an issue), or a number of other drugs used properly in a medical setting, and improperly in an athletic one.

According to the Mayo Clinic (October 2006 - this may be out of date), HGH is not yet approved for its "fountain of youth" properties, which may in fact be wishful thinking:

www.mayoclinic.com/health/growth-hormone/ha00030

At any rate, the NFL's rule is currently: Let nature take its course, stay off HGH.

One day the rule may change. I don't know that the rule should change. The side effects are pretty threatening. While they are preferable to some risks, "risk of shorter time playing a kid's game for millions of bucks" isn't among them, if you ask me.

Beyond that, you know there was a recent drop in breast cancer rates recently.... and that they traced it back to women stopping their hormone replacement therapy (another "safe" supplement)? No, HRT isn't usually done with what humans produce naturally... but no, all the data aren't in on HGH either.

Regardless, I am glad HGH helped your daughter, but that just doesn't mean HGH is now the new penicillin. Forgiving Rodney retroactively from the POV of a hypothetical HGH-infused future society has no bearing, since HGH is illegal in the NFL at present. If they legalize marijuana in the future, Ricky Williams still had to go to Canada. And HGH actually makes you a better player in a way... Rickey's spliffs just made him happy. HGH is more like cheating than Pot.

Sorry guys. MGTeich is right on this one. It doesn't make me happy to say it, but he's right.

Rodney said all the right things, and looked us all square in the eye (through the camera) when he got busted. Whatever. What makes it "news" is not "RODNEY HARRISON ACTS LIKE STAND-UP GUY", it's "RODNEY HARRISON SUSPENDED FOUR GAMES FOR HGH."

I don't think we should be spending the time exonerrating him. He knows there are no excuses. He said there were no excuses. While it might hypothetically make him feel better to look at these threads and realize the fans don't hate him for it, that we have longer memories than that, I think the team as a whole has been a model franchise for a "JUST PLAY FOOTBALL" attitude. Well, as well-meaning as he might have been, Rodney "dinged" that.

When Ted Johnson was ranting about mean ol coach Belichick, I said "huh, sad state of affairs that football makes guys think they have to practice with concussions." Now it's "Huh, sad state of affairs that football makes guys take banned substances...."

Well, of course players go above and beyond. They're hypercompetitive to start with, and then you threaten their jobs on an annual basis. THAT'S WHY THERE ARE RULES TO STOP IT. You don't do players any favors by saying how harmless it is to do the substances, or to play with a half dozen concussions.

But what's done is done. I can't say I necessarily would have done differently, I just can't stand all the justifications.

It really was cool not to be "just another team" in that sense, as well as the "dynasty" sense... Maybe a couple years ago I believed that wholeheartedly. Maybe it never was true. Given the choice, obviously, any fan takes the Lombardi Trophy over the "good sportsmanship award."

Maybe that's what all the qualification and quibbling is about. We don't want to lose that self-perception. Eh well, live and learn, die and forget it all.

We all have to do the best we can, including the "storied" franchise we love so much... so maybe we'll be a little less smug about other violators of the substance policy. But there's no point in pretending our user is different in kind from users on other teams. He's different, perhaps, in degree. But the unifying theme is the same.

PFnV

I have long been and will remain a Rodney Harrison fan. Everyone should be entitled to a second chance after making their first mistake.

I have long been and will remain a Rodney Harrison fan. Everyone should be entitled to a second chance after making their first mistake.

Same's true of Merriman then, and I think that's what's got everybody here splitting hairs: My God, what if our guy's like Merriman, or Bonds, or [your sports villain here]?

I would be the last guy to say "get him out of the game!" I just don't think we serve anybody's interests by excusing this stuff.

Goodell's right to be cracking down left and right on conduct unbecoming a foobaw player. It's good for the game, and it's good for kids/fans/etc.

They have to do public service ads to stop kids -- KIDS -- from thinking steroids are great. I know HGH is not steroids, but it may as well be.

Bottom line: we want to see FOOTBALL, real football not flag football or touch football... it is a violent game. It is a young man's game. Maybe even our whole love for the game itself is just wrong... but if lovin' football is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

That still suggests we need to make it clear that your body can handle what it can handle. That's going to mean "riding guys out of town on a rail" when it's their time. If you're reaching for the HGH, it might be your time. Try it without, and see.

Since there's a SD guy here, I'll say it: yeah, Merriman juiced just to get the extra edge, when he's in his physical prime.

But still, the "second chance" applies (especially if it applies to Harrison.)

Thinking about this stuff makes me think maybe, maybe, "second chances" are what keeps people thinking it's worth the risk. "Zero tolerance" is fine for our kids, why not for the sports icons they worship?

All I know is that, Merriman aside, Harrison has always been one of the good guys, an intelligent guy, a character guy, even a guy that has been a model of thinking ahead to life after football.

That didn't stop one of the best out there (RH) from doing it. Conclusion: the temptations are immense. If some guy has a rap sheet as long as your arm and does HGH/steroids, you say "what else is new?" Harrison does it, and you think, okay, the incentives are out of whack with the desired outcome (i.e., a clean league.)

Okay, enough of this I suppose. I don't want to go too heavy on it -- after all, there are guys by the dozen hanging dogs and getting in gun fights at strip clubs and yadda yadda yadda. There's an actual game next Sunday, and I guess for Rodney, there's one in October.

We can focus on that, just as easily.

Oh, and I almost forgot... Lady Tom and company are week 2!

PFnV

Same's true of Merriman then, and I think that's what's got everybody here splitting hairs: My God, what if our guy's like Merriman, or Bonds, or [your sports villain here]?

I would be the last guy to say "get him out of the game!" I just don't think we serve anybody's interests by excusing this stuff.

Goodell's right to be cracking down left and right on conduct unbecoming a foobaw player. It's good for the game, and it's good for kids/fans/etc.

They have to do public service ads to stop kids -- KIDS -- from thinking steroids are great. I know HGH is not steroids, but it may as well be.

Bottom line: we want to see FOOTBALL, real football not flag football or touch football... it is a violent game. It is a young man's game. Maybe even our whole love for the game itself is just wrong... but if lovin' football is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

That still suggests we need to make it clear that your body can handle what it can handle. That's going to mean "riding guys out of town on a rail" when it's their time. If you're reaching for the HGH, it might be your time. Try it without, and see.

Since there's a SD guy here, I'll say it: yeah, Merriman juiced just to get the extra edge, when he's in his physical prime.

But still, the "second chance" applies (especially if it applies to Harrison.)

Thinking about this stuff makes me think maybe, maybe, "second chances" are what keeps people thinking it's worth the risk. "Zero tolerance" is fine for our kids, why not for the sports icons they worship?

All I know is that, Merriman aside, Harrison has always been one of the good guys, an intelligent guy, a character guy, even a guy that has been a model of thinking ahead to life after football.

That didn't stop one of the best out there (RH) from doing it. Conclusion: the temptations are immense. If some guy has a rap sheet as long as your arm and does HGH/steroids, you say "what else is new?" Harrison does it, and you think, okay, the incentives are out of whack with the desired outcome (i.e., a clean league.)

Okay, enough of this I suppose. I don't want to go too heavy on it -- after all, there are guys by the dozen hanging dogs and getting in gun fights at strip clubs and yadda yadda yadda. There's an actual game next Sunday, and I guess for Rodney, there's one in October.

We can focus on that, just as easily.

Oh, and I almost forgot... Lady Tom and company are week 2!

PFnV

You really need to understand the difference between performance enhancing drugs an non-performance enhancing drugs. Merriman used Steroids to try to enhance his performance. Rodney did not and there is a big difference.

Had Rodney used performance enhancing drugs, my sig would be gone and I would not hold Rodney in high regards. What he used was to help heal an injury. It was a banned substance and he knew it and he's paying a high price for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes