PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rodney Harrison: My Hero!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill's Girl

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
I am a little surprised that no one posted anything about this..... On Patriots All Access last night they did an amazing piece on Rodney's rehab. They said that when the injury happened and he had his head down people thought he may have been crying. According to Rodney, he was praying! He was thanking God for giving him 12 years in the NFL! How amazing is that? The piece went into how long and hard his rehab process was, showing him working out on the treadmill, with weights and hooked up to that harness thing that runners and MLB players are always seen using. They ended the piece with Rodney talking about how he heard what all the doubters were saying about him and he mentioned members of the media. He looked into the camera and was saying that even if people doubt you, nothing is impossible! What an amazing guy!

This is the type of man you want your kids to idolize! Nut was right all along that Rodney would be back! I can't wait to see him on the field tomorrow!

Bill's Girl said:
I am a little surprised that no one posted anything about this..... On Patriots All Access last night they did an amazing piece on Rodney's rehab. They said that when the injury happened and he had his head down people thought he may have been crying. According to Rodney, he was praying! He was thanking God for giving him 12 years in the NFL! How amazing is that? The piece went into how long and hard his rehab process was, showing him working out on the treadmill, with weights and hooked up to that harness thing that runners and MLB players are always seen using. They ended the piece with Rodney talking about how he heard what all the doubters were saying about him and he mentioned members of the media. He looked into the camera and was saying that even if people doubt you, nothing is impossible! What an amazing guy!

This is the type of man you want your kids to idolize! Nut was right all along that Rodney would be back! I can't wait to see him on the field tomorrow!
There are pictures of three Patriots on the wall over my big-screen TV. These are the three whom I admire as people as well as players and major contributors to our championships.

They are:

Tom Brady
Tedy Bruschi
Rodney Harrison

I'd like to apologize to Rodney. Guess I didn't do anythng to help him back.

I never doubted him or disrespected him. In fact, from the time he was injured I knew that he would be back (and hell would come with him).

If I knew that he needed doubters and people disrespecting him, I would have tried to do that.:rofl:

Should I go back on my predictions that he makes Comeback Player of the year, gets voted to the Prop Bowl, and helps the team win another SB?

I don't think so.

PromisedLand said:
There are pictures of three Patriots on the wall over my big-screen TV. These are the three whom I admire as people as well as players and major contributors to our championships.

They are:

Tom Brady
Tedy Bruschi
Rodney Harrison
That's the trinity right there, no doubt. And I would add Troy as the fourth. Rodney is far and away my favorite Pat of all time. The man is... intense. I still get chills when watching his emotional encounter with BB after they beat the Colts in the AFCC to get to SB 38.

Bill's Girl said:

Unbelievable!

He is facing an injury that would end most people's careers in football, but rather then feeling like he got ripped off and life was unfair, he was thankfull for what he had!

I think people in all walks of like need to take this attitude.

Hands down the absolute best Patriot free agent signing in the history of the team!

Last edited:
Patjew said:
That's the trinity right there, no doubt. And I would add Troy as the fourth. Rodney is far and away my favorite Pat of all time. The man is... intense. I still get chills when watching his emotional encounter with BB after they beat the Colts in the AFCC to get to SB 38.

I would add Willie Mac as well!

Say what you will, another one of the alltime greats to ever wear the uniform!

sarge said:
I would add Willie Mac as well!

Say what you will, another one of the alltime greats to ever wear the uniform!
I agree, but I was just talking about current Pats in that 4 I mentioned. If we're talking about recent Pats, I'd put Willie and Law in there too. Ty's 3 INT game against the Colts in the AFCC was the best game I've ever seen a DB have.

There are many others, of course, but those are first the 6 guys I think of from the past 5 years.

Rodney Harrison is the best football player on defense i've ever seen in a pats uniform.he's as important to the defense as tom brady is to the offense.
a totall team player.KICK SOME ASS RODNEY:D

Patjew said:
I agree, but I was just talking about current Pats in that 4 I mentioned. If we're talking about recent Pats, I'd put Willie and Law in there too. Ty's 3 INT game against the Colts in the AFCC was the best game I've ever seen a DB have.

There are many others, of course, but those are first the 6 guys I think of from the past 5 years.

Promiseland was looking at Patriots that he admired as people as well as players. I'd agree with his top three. Not sure I could put Ty or Willie(given his recent sniping) anywhere near that group!

Can I ask if Rodney's still really super pissed at those who doubted he'd be back for opening day?
Unfortunately,I'd predicted PUP and a return to start early mid-season. I'm very concerned about the "and he knows who you are" quote regarding his doubters.

Is it... is it safe for me to attend games at Gillette this season?

-phil, the wimp

PatsWickedPissah said:
Can I ask if Rodney's still really super pissed at those who doubted he'd be back for opening day?
Unfortunately,I'd predicted PUP and a return to start early mid-season. I'm very concerned about the "and he knows who you are" quote regarding his doubters.

Is it... is it safe for me to attend games at Gillette this season?

-phil, the wimp

As long as you stay off the field, you should be fine! No guarantee if you visit the parking lot 'tho!:cool:

PatsChick87 said:
As long as you stay off the field, you should be fine! No guarantee if you visit the parking lot 'tho!:cool:

Good advice. Karen (Mrs B) and Zip know that I have to hide at their tailgate if Bruschi comes by because of all the jokes I've written at his expense. But Bruschi, despite the brutal name, doesn't seem to be as vengeful as Sir Rodney, my man! I am SO sorry. (sob, wimper)

Last edited:
PatsWickedPissah said:
Good advice. Karen (Mrs B) and Zip know that I have to hide at their tailgate if Bruschi comes by because of all the jokes I've written at his expense. But Bruschi, despite the brutal name, doesn't seem to be as vengeful as Sir Rodney, my man! I am SO sorry. (sob, wimper)
Prayer is very useful at a time like this, don't go overboard and flagellate or otherwise mutilate yourself, that would be too prideful and Rodney would be forced to take corrective action (if only to show you how it really is done). A contrite prayer, kneeling in the parking lot for 24 hours before game time (you better hurry) should earn Rodney's respect for your humility in accepting your error.

Rodney is a guy who 'gets it', that is a big part of what makes him a great leader.

We are lucky to have so many leaders in our locker room.

Patjew said:
You're right about Troy - I should add him. Selfless attitude, loyalty to the team, do whatever it takes play whatever position it takes, etc. He's definitely the fourth member of the holy trinity - err.. quadrity?

PatsChick87 said:
Promiseland was looking at Patriots that he admired as people as well as players. I'd agree with his top three. Not sure I could put Ty or Willie(given his recent sniping) anywhere near that group!
Exactly, :) but as Patjew pointed out I could have had Troy in there as well. I don't happen to have a great picture of him to join the other three on my wall, that's the only reason I didn't mention him.

PatsWickedPissah said:

You are welcome to copy my sig and make a banner of it to bring with you if it would make you feel safer.

Actually, that would be cool if someone did. Just delete my user name from it.

PS. You just reminded me. I'll have to visit Karens site and find out what that "Wicked Pissah Sports" thing was all about.

PatsChick87 said:
Willie was sniping?

After Rodney got hurt he was quoted as saying that no one ever asks "why me?" when something good happens to them, only when something bad does. So he wasn't going to ask why me after the injury, it's all part of the plan, the good and the bad.

I thought that was a really insightful comment. You're right BG, he's quite remarkable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference