PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rodney Harrison: My Hero!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoodie said:
After Rodney got hurt he was quoted as saying that no one ever asks "why me?" when something good happens to them, only when something bad does. So he wasn't going to ask why me after the injury, it's all part of the plan, the good and the bad.

I thought that was a really insightful comment. You're right BG, he's quite remarkable.

That's right, Hoodie! I forgot about that! Thanks for reminding me!

my hero too.

this is what inspirational leadership is all about.

never take no for an answer. never believe doubters and skeptics.

always stay true to your vision of what is possible.

lead by example. work harder and have more focus than anyone else.

Rodney is the greatest.

Great thread, Bill's Girl!

Glad to see you back.

PatsChick87 said:
Re the #55 thing.
Huh. I must have been in Asia when that happened, I never heard about it.

Rodney is an exemlary layer and human. That's why I put a big picture of him in my sig.:)

zippo59 said:
Rodney is an exemlary layer and human. That's why I put a big picture of him in my sig.:)
C'mon, admit it- you have that pic up b/c of Asante.

Patjew said:
C'mon, admit it- you have that pic up b/c of Asante.

I do like Asante, and his joful leaping in the pic, but it's, mostly cuz of number 37.

shmessy said:
Great thread, Bill's Girl!

Glad to see you back.

Thanks! Rodney is a great man!

PatJew, long story short, Junior Seau asked if he could use Willie's old number, Willie said OK, but then he complained about not being respected

Much respect for Rodney! I give him top honors as the guy that brought our defense together in 2003, the best year ever on defense for the Patriots franchise. He was shockingly fast and vicious on the field, more than any other Patriot in recent memory. People feared him.

However, no discussion of the core group of Pats can go without Seymour. I do not believe we would have had a D-Line in 2001 without him. Once he came into the line up, we never gave up more than 17 points. He was a MAJOR FACTOR in all our success, right up there with 54, 37, 80, ect.

And he re-negotiated with a lot more class than twig, even though he is truly a one of a kind player.

Nice to see the respect and good feelings being directed toward my guy.

He's a heck of a dude- was extremely polite and deferential to me when I met him in Houston back in Nov. '03. A real ambassador for the team.

He wears his heart on his sleeve and probably ticks some off with his overt displays of his faith, but he's as good a player and person as anyone I've seen.

I hope he can come back this year and be the contributor he so desperately wants to be.

Suerte, hermano-
H37

he is my all time favorite player

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes