PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Robert Kraft at the owner meetings

Interesting.. I can remember when the Sullivan's owned the team.. as a kid with my uncles, and dad getting frost bite as a child in the 80s rooting for my team. I can also remember when the team was dam near moved to Connecticut! Ty law even said himself he almost brought a house there! So insert the Kraft family in '94.. a local successful businessman.. who was die hard fan himself... just happened to buy the team... 3 years later the team is in the superbowl. Revenue starts to soar, plans get in motion to tear down the awful old stadium. In 02 I can remember when Gillette was built it was a state of art facility in the entire NFL at that time.

Where was the survey in 02, 03, 04, 14, 16,19.. ? coincidences..superbowl years. My theory is the players never really complained becuase we were winning..

Players are sitting on wood benches in locker rooms like the Browns or the Bengals.. anyhow are there things to improve on? absolutely!

The success we had was all tied into the ownership, the coach, and the QB. All had to work collectively in order to have what he sustained for so long.

Kraft has been instrumental in the CBA he's the one who got the CBA ratified in 2011 while his wife was battling cancer.

He's the guy who's helped not only the patriots but the NFL secure tv deals with CBS. He's one of the most in touch, gracious and in tune with the times owners. So I'm just stating my appreciation for him just like I have my appreciation for Bill and TB12.

As fans I believe we are fortunate to Still have a team in Massachusetts.

When we start to win again all the BS talk will cease like it did for the better part of 2 decades. Just my thoughts and opinions as a fan.

This is a sensible, well-measured posting. Thank you for adding some grounding here.

But as far as winning, it starts now, in the off season. So far the off season has been pathetic and I have to wonder how much of this is because of Kraft trying to be cheap and get good values. Someone needs to tell him that this trick no longer works, and it did not last season (see the Jacobi Meyers debacle).

Kraft's statement about the draft makes it seem he is not finished meddling and the Patriots are not going to do the sensible thing and trade down, but instead ruin another QB prospect.

This is a sensible, well-measured posting. Thank you for adding some grounding here.

But as far as winning, it starts now, in the off season. So far the off season has been pathetic and I have to wonder how much of this is because of Kraft trying to be cheap and get good values. Someone needs to tell him that this trick no longer works, and it did not last season (see the Jacobi Meyers debacle).

Kraft's statement about the draft makes it seem he is not finished meddling and the Patriots are not going to do the sensible thing and trade down, but instead ruin another QB prospect.
Thank you! On your post...Your absolutely correct. Win now! We've had 4 seasons of mediocrity. The offseason unfortunately is 99% tied to not having the QB.. it's remarkable we even got a guy like KJ Osborne or Gibson who in my opinion was the best FA pick up. I will say this to give some hope for optimism.

Last season with this excellent defense had we had even marginal play at the QB position we likely would have been a play-off team.

With JB and or the pick starting we will be better off at the position then the last few seasons. It's just all tied to the QB.. We've experienced the at the highest level and unfortunately at the lowest.

It wasn’t about the money for Calvin Ridley. Suuuure.
It wasn't.

Y'all can continue believe that folks want to live in New England and play for a team without a quarterback.

Ridley can give a big "thank you" to the patriots for bidding up his contract. Ridley was never moving his family to New England, certainly not for the difference between $22M and $24M AAV.

It wasn't.

Y'all can continue believe that folks want to live in New England and play for a team without a quarterback.

Ridley can give a big "thank you" to the patriots for bidding up his contract. Ridley was never moving his family to New England, certainly not for the difference between $22M and $24M AAV.
Absolutely correct, terrible traffic, millionaires tax, weather ... no QB yet.. are the likely factors.

After listening to Kraft's comments yesterday I have a hard time buying the fact he didn't see the survey last year about the daycare issue. I also think going that in depth into the Ridley situation was strange. Both reeked of "not my fault" which makes me wonder if he really has passed things off to his kid and he is going full Rupert Murdoch/Logan Roy on Jonathan trying to goad him or if he is just getting more visibly image conscious.

Kraft trolling Team Bill is the best part of this offseason. Lol

View attachment 57283
I could be wrong, probly am, but there are times you come across as though you don’t like Belichick. Not sure if you were aware of it, or anybody else was kind enough to point out, just wanted to reach out before it became an obsession.

Last edited:
After listening to Kraft's comments yesterday I have a hard time buying the fact he didn't see the survey last year about the daycare issue. I also think going that in depth into the Ridley situation was strange. Both reeked of "not my fault" which makes me wonder if he really has passed things off to his kid and he is going full Rupert Murdoch/Logan Roy on Jonathan trying to goad him or if he is just getting more visibly image conscious.
Yea, maybe, but his comments on Ridley certainly dispelled all the bad takes on the Patriots (Kraft) being cheap. Honestly, I'm glad his gf wanted to stay in the south, because outbidding the Tits for a guy like Ridley, would've been annoying af.

His comments on a $50M new training facility also puts to rest the Kraft is "cheap" talk. I was just reading about Hunt in KC that won't pay for A/C in their indoor practice facility, that Mahomes has complained about. That's being cheap.

I could be wrong, probly am, but there are times you come across as though you don’t Belichick. Not sure if you were aware of it, or anybody else was kind enough to point out, just wanted to reach out before it became an obsession.
No, it's true. I certainly "don't Belichick," not my style.

Yea, maybe, but his comments on Ridley certainly dispelled all the bad takes on the Patriots (Kraft) being cheap. Honestly, I'm glad his gf wanted to stay in the south, because outbidding the Tits for a guy like Ridley, would've been annoying af.

His comments on a $50M new training facility also puts to rest the Kraft is "cheap" talk. I was just reading about Hunt in KC that won't pay for A/C in their indoor practice facility, that Mahomes has complained about. That's being cheap.
Yeah I think the whole "Kraft is cheap" narrative is lazy. They were in the mix on Ridley and honestly I think Ridley's camp ended up using us for leverage more than anything else. Kraft also footed the bill for the stadium and has invested into it over the years as well. While I think the "I didn't know about the daycare thing" is a bunch of crap if he ponies up for that as well as the facility upgrades already underway then I don't know what anyone else wants.

It’s total ********, especially the daycare/facilities thing. It got ranked badly last season too.

You “don’t Belichick”? But you “do Kraft”? Still either way sounds like some sort of obsession. Don’t let it eat you up…
I didn't like a lot of what Belichick did post 1st dynasty, but thinking Kraft and the new regime are fantastic are taking things way too far.

This board wanted Kraft to clean house with Bill's entire staff (including Mayo), yet loved the Mayo hire and everything he has done. It's overboard.

You “don’t Belichick”? But you “do Kraft”? Still either way sounds like some sort of obsession. Don’t let it eat you up…
I "don't Kraft" either. I'm nothing like either one of those guys. I'm my own man. They both have flaws, like all men.

I didn't like a lot of what Belichick did post 1st dynasty, but thinking Kraft and the new regime are fantastic are taking things way too far.

This board wanted Kraft to clean house with Bill's entire staff (including Mayo), yet loved the Mayo hire and everything he has done. It's overboard.
I, for one, wanted the entire O and ST staff completely re-done. They did that. The jury is still out on these moves. We won't really know until spring training and beyond.

The D staff was for the most part solid. They kept the key personnel (that wanted to stay). There was no sense in gutting the D side of the staff. That would've been dumb and prolonged the rebuild even longer.

For some reason, they felt comfortable with the FO staff, which they mainly kept intact. Makes sense given the timing of all of this, just before FAcy and the draft. Bringing in Alonzo Highsmith is a positive imo. Pretty sure there will be changes in the FO after the draft.

I just think they're approaching this transition like a business, instead of what it was, a fiefdom run by one man.

After listening to Kraft's comments yesterday I have a hard time buying the fact he didn't see the survey last year about the daycare issue.

It’s total ********, especially the daycare/facilities thing. It got ranked badly last season too.

I know I'm not for everyone but it never occurred to me the list of folks that had me blocked included the two of you.

:evil:

I gotta clean my flaky **** up. It's a badge of honor when a weak sister like TommyBrady12/mac10/showtime 15th/(whatever he calls himself this week) and a welcher like Triumph have to run to their safe space when I post but now I'm alienating regular quasi normal posters???
Maybe @Steve102 and @RobertWeathers were on to something when they said I'm kind of a richard, who knew? :eek:

Last edited:
I "don't Kraft" either. I'm nothing like either one of those guys.

C'mon man, we all know you're not shy about happy endings

I "don't Kraft" either. I'm nothing like either one of those guys. I'm my own man. They both have flaws, like all men.
Hey I can tell you are your own man … not doubting that one. I’m guessing hammering someone’s flaws on a continuous basis must be some type of obsessive behavior that’s all, but heck what would I know. I for one just hope you get enough sunlight and exercise daily, get some fresh air bro!!

I could be wrong, probly am, but there are times you come across as though you don’t Belichick. Not sure if you were aware of it, or anybody else was kind enough to point out, just wanted to reach out before it became an obsession.

Venecol is the president of the BB haters club.

I know I'm not for everyone but it never occurred to me the list of folks that had me blocked included the two of you.

:evil:

I gotta clean my flaky **** up. It's a badge of honor when weak sister like TommyBrady12/mac10/showtime 15th/(whatever he calls himself this week) and a welcher like Triumph have to run to their safe space when I post but now I'm alienating regular quasi normal posters???
Maybe @Steve102 and @RobertWeathers were on to something when they said I'm kind of a richard, who knew? :eek:

I think you are great. Perfectly fine. One of my favorite posters. I would not change a thing if I were you.

203Pat and Venecol are quasi normal?

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back