PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Robert Kraft at the owner meetings

>"One way or another, I’d like to see us get a top rate young quarterback"

Uh-oh. Do I detect some meddling coming up?

Good to hear about the new workout facility. Hard to believe that he did not know this was a problem since it showed up on the survey last year.

And why is the owner only now realizing why players don't want to come to the Patriots anymore? Wise sages such as myself have been spouting this for some time. This realization on RK's part came to late to salvage this pathetic off season...oh well, the Patriots will be picking high again next year (with a new coach, the fall guy, I suspect).

>"One way or another, I’d like to see us get a top rate young quarterback"

Uh-oh. Do I detect some meddling coming up?

Good to hear about the new workout facility. Hard to believe that he did not know this was a problem since it showed up on the survey last year.

And why is the owner only now realizing why players don't want to come to the Patriots anymore? Wise sages such as myself have been spouting this for some time. This realization on RK's part came to late to salvage this pathetic off season...oh well, the Patriots will be picking high again next year (with a new coach, the fall guy, I suspect).
No meddling; just agreement with all but a very few fans.

The team will draft a QB with their first pick. It's not really a secret. Even trading down won't change that.

No meddling; just agreement with all but a very few fans.

The team will draft a QB with their first pick. It's not really a secret. Even trading down won't change that.
Just don't treat the star QB like he's your son. He's a player. Don't let the coaches and players think the owner is coddling the QB and that the QB has any say in what's going on.

This league is full of QB prima donnas that tune out their coach and do whatever they want.

David Carr, Deshaun Watson, Matt Stafford, Russell Wilson, etc.

So the copyright (See Picture) to the "Dynasty" belongs to "Kraft Dynasty 2024" and Bob wants us to believe he had no say in the editorial content? I wish the reporter asked him if he watched the docuseries before it went public. If he said yes than we would know for sure he is lying about knowing the series was to negative.

GJmatb7XkAAb5X3.jpeg

Unfortunately I don't believe much of what Kraft says about his team anymore. He couldn't wait to throw the GOAT coach of all time under the bus when he left and he seems to lack the leadership that is necessary to oversee the team. Sad to watch the person who helped turn the team into perennial contenders and is now the worst managed team out of all of the local New England professional teams.

Last edited:
It wasn’t about the money for Calvin Ridley. Suuuure.
It wasn't:

"Ridley has expressed a desire privately and publicly to return to Jacksonville under the right deal, with factors such as being a Florida native and the ability to have a second season with Trevor Lawrence both at play. If the money is equal or close to equal, Ridley is expected to return to Jacksonville, per the source. "

He wasn't coming here, barring the Patriots going to a point that would have been obscene where he would have been crazy not to take it. But he's also not a 26-year-old player with his best years ahead of him and it would have probably taken them paying him like he was to sway him.

He didn't even mention the Patriots in his press conference in Tennessee, basically saying it was between the Titans and Jaguars as his options. I thought that in and of itself was also pretty telling.

Last edited:
Kraft is a “mamzer” (A mamzer is clever at dishonestly turning things to his own advantage). The BS he put out there about the facilities must eliminate all doubt. If he lies so flagrantly about this, why should he be believed about other things?

Also even if this lie were to be believed, it is an unwitting indictment of the person he trusts to run the team’s business operations, i.e., Jonathan.

Look I appreciate what the guy did to put up more money than anyone ever at that time to save the team for New England, then again to build the stadium. He’s been a great owner overall. Further I respect his obviously tremendous success in business. Unlike his eldest son (but more like his other three sons, Dan in particular) Bob has been a mensch in many ways for many years. The crap he had to take from the Steve Karp/Joe O’Donnell/Charlie Sarkis/David Mugar clique and their minions like Wil McDonough (and Wil’s minions Shaughnessy and Borges) was an absolute disgrace. It is sad for me anyway, however, to see the plainly self-serving way he has handled things over the last few years. He is human and I understand but I feel bad watching it.

The comment about being "open for business at 3" but wanting a QB "one way or another" is interesting. Reads to me as him saying he doesn't care if they trade the pick, as long as they acquire a QB in some way that the team believes in. That could ultimately end up being a big trade down and taking Bo Nix much later, if Wolf, AVP & McAdoo like him.

Hell, they could even trade for a kid they like. What if they love someone like Sean Clifford in Green Bay, who looked solid last year but obviously isn't going to supplant Jordan Love? Would have some shades of the old Ron Wolf-Brett Favre trade, though obviously I don't think they'd be sending a 1st...

Gonna call straight up BS on 'not realizing there was an issue with the lack of daycare' as it was a point of failure in the first survey. I usually fall on the side of cutting Krafty Bob some slack considering he saved the team from being moved and he's done a lot more good than harm but c'mon man, that's just a bald face lie.

Last edited:
So the copyright (See Picture) to the "Dynasty" belongs to "Kraft Dynasty 2024" and Bob wants us to believe he had no say in the editorial content? I wish the reporter asked him if he watched the docuseries before it went public. If he said yes than we would know for sure he is lying about knowing the series was to negative.

View attachment 57254

I think that is an after-the-fact move. He had no idea that the Dynasty would, ultimately, look like an attack piece by him against BB. In the end, he came out worse. Now he is trying to cover his tracks....

All this negativity about Kraft could be softened up quite a bit with a successful off season, but the Patriots have been pathetic so far.

Now they are in the bad position of absolutely, positively having to hit home runs on three draft picks, QB, LT, and WR. And other teams will know that the Patriots are desperate for those positions. Even if they hit home runs in the draft, they still will not have the depth that a successful FA/trade season could have offered so one or two crucial injuries would cripple the team.

Last edited:
All this negativity about Kraft could be softened up quite a bit with a successful off season, but the Patriots have been pathetic so far.

Now they are in the bad position of absolutely, positively having to hit home runs on three draft picks, QB, LT, and WR. And other teasm will know that the Patriots are desperate for those positions. Even if they hit home runs in the draft, they still will not have the depth that a successful off season could have offered so one or two crucial injuries would cripple the team.

I guess I didn't get the memo on off season acquisitions being limited solely to the 1st 2 weeks of FA and the draft. :rolleyes:
New England has the cap space to accommodate draft and post draft deals. Opportunities to improve and adjust the roster will exist right up to final cut down day to any team that has some cap flexibility.

I think that is an after-the-fact move. He had no idea that the Dynasty would, ultimately, look like an attack piece by him against BB. In the end, he came out worse. Now he is trying to cover his tracks....
If in fact he didn't know that the docuseries was a hit piece against BB then IMO, he is irresponsible for at the very least not watching a pre screening of the docuseries that was copyrighted by his LLC. I think he didn't realize how much the fan base appreciated what BB did for the team and is disappointed with how easily Kraft through him under the bus.

I appreciate that Bob bought the team and helped make them into a dynasty. However, the last few years he lacks accountability and his leadership skills have diminished. Maybe Mayo can help turn things around. We will see.

$50 mill in unspent cap........$50 mill infrastructure expenditure

The Kraft Group in action

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes