PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Revis: "I'm happy to be home, I never wanted to leave!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm bummed he left but 17.5 a year for a CB is to much. Would I have given him it, hell yeah, but that's also why I would never be the one making that decision.

Way to screw us by making us think you actually wanted to be here Revis.

He signed a below-market deal that included a poison pill that made it a 1 year deal. Both sides knew what they were getting into.

The Jets are giving him:
The deal will pay him $48 million in the first three years, including $39 million in full guarantees, a source said. The first two years are guaranteed -- $16 million and $17 million, respectively. In 2017, $6 million of his $17 million salary is guaranteed.

We got him for $12M. He's gonna be 30 years old next year. The Jets are taking on a boat load of risk. I wouldn't be surprised if it blows up in their faces.

Funny, but he earned his ring. I can't begrudge him that.
Yeah, but he's persona non grata as far as the ring award dinner at Bob's place in June.

my feelings right now:
2301e56b732f41685ce0cf111e4e8b21.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: glm
Here's something to consider in all of this.... The guy was pedestrian in Tampa after his injury...a lot of people thought he was done ....BB in all actuality took a FLYER on Revis. He fit WELL INTO BELICHICK's SYSTEM for ONE year. With Browner, McCourty and the rest of a talented defense and a GREAT team....He and they won a Championship......

But let's keep in mind that Revis is a SHADOW of that shutdown corner that came out as a rook several years ago. He is getting older, slower and his skills are on the decline. The Patriots system and our other D players MADE HIM LOOK BETTER than he was last year!

So....like someone else said.....we got what we needed out of Revis....he served his purpose in our defense and we got our championship. To his "I'm home again....I never wanted to leave!" I would say "good riddance. We got another ring for Belichick and Brady and many others by USING you for our Teams needs". "When you get your ring ....make sure to kiss Bill Belichick's ring because you aren't getting one without him....AND YOU WILL NEVER SEE THIS OPPORTUNITY AGAIN MR. Revis......So enjoy the memory! Seriously....no great loss here.....Jets overpaid.....Revis will get exposed and be booed weekly as he gets torched like a campfire marshmallow....and BB will move on to the next man up!!! GO PATS!!!!!!!!

QUOTE="chasa, post: 4150941, member: 31671"]Alright guys lets think about this rationally.

Revis is only in it for the paycheck.

He's done with the patriots, for life.

The patriots are going to target him and EMBARRASS him next year. Tom was always pretty okay against him, and now tom had an ENTIRE YEAR to learn how revis plays.

The Jets were not a CB away from being out of the basement last year. this changes nothing

Those tampering charges, Goodell better actually do something, if not kraft better have a press conference.[/QUOTE]

Revis played a big role in getting the Patriots #4, and I'm grateful for that.I really wanted him back but other than completely screwing the jets for tampering with him I am fine with just looking forward at this point. Revis clearly loves NY and money and he just got both.

no-place-like-home-200x300.jpg

Hope he enjoys his home at the magical land of OZ.

Thanks for the SB Revis..but now you won't even sniff the SB..sorry!

This transaction has led me to conclude one of two things about Revis.

A: He really does love NY. I have no idea why since the man that defined Revis's first tenure with the team was fired (Maybe Darelle just loves Woody Johnson?).

B: He prefers buying houses to hunting for rings.

But alas, thanks for helping us get #4 Mr. Revis. Really, you played a big role. That being said, I hope that you never sniff a SB again. Though given your franchise's inability to develop QB's, I think I'll be quite shocked if you even sniff an AFCCG.

I look forward to seeing how the rest of FA plays out.

Come on, he just got 40 million in guaranteed money.

What in the world do you expect him to say?

Why are people taking this personally.

He did what he felt was best for him.

And jets fans will ALWAYS have to deal with the fact that the guy who might be the best jet player ever has ONLY 1 superbowl ring and it will have THE FLYING ELVIS ON IT!!!!
untitled.png

Disappointed and a little mad that Revis, excuse me, Mevis bolted for the Jets. I don't know why he likes it there. Why are so many players greedy? If you're just in it for the money, you may as well play the game but don't try to win it. If you're in it to win it all, then play as hard as you can. That Super Bowl victory will be worth it (more special than a fat paycheck IMO). He won't admit it but Revis knows that his only chance to win a Super Bowl was to sign with a dominant, winning team. He did just that. He finally got his Super Bowl win. If he only wants one ring, then let him have only one ring. He just wants to buy stuff he thinks he earns, not work to earn it. We all, as Patriots fans, should be proud to have seen 8 Super Bowl appearances (6 appearances throughout 2001-2014) and 4 Super Bowl victories. Revis, you may be back to where you think you belong, but remember this: It doesn't matter what team you're with. That lone Super Bowl ring will always have the New England Patriots logo stare right at you for the rest of your life!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back