PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Restricted Free Agency Exists for a Reason

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering what type of contract Butler is being offered by other teams. How much is he worth if you have to give up a first round choice?

Butler shouldn't feel bad about Gilmore's contract because he's not a UFA. Any team that would give an RFA that kind of money is just stupid.

If they want big money as an RFA, then they have to sacrifice some and trade security for being a UFA next year. They can't have their cake and eat it too, otherwise what's the whole point of having RFA?

I know it's easy to say Butler should have made a better bargain when he entered the contract, but I don't blame him, he and Bill didn't have a lot of time to hash it out. Bill rolled through Popeye's at lunch, and there were cars behind him in the drive-thru.

10 Million/year for 4 years with 35 guaranteed and 15 million signing bonus

Isn't that enough??????

Not if he can get more. What folks seemingly don't appreciate is that MB's agent has a fiduciary responsibility to maximize MB's earnings and benefits. If he were to do less then there are consequences that might lead to a revocation of his agent license and stiff fines.

If a star player in the NFL goes out and just gets a "guy" to represent him in the most powerful sports franchises and organization in the world shows a severe lack of judgement by MB..

So this "guy" decides to negotiate in the press and portrays MB as some sort of victim???

Then this "guy" sets up interviews with two teams closely linked to BB??

A RFA tender of $3.9 million after three years is not a bad paycheck for a UDFA, when this part of the CBA was negotiated I am willing to bet that the NFLPA thought it was a pretty good deal for their players..

Always thought it would be a good idea for the NFLPA to "certify" agents who specialize and are seasoned in these types of dealings.. that would be in the best interest of players.

The best solution for MB is to sign the tender... then try to get the Pats to extend him beginning next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back