PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reports: Burgess not at camp; considering retirement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Burgess considering retirement?

I could seripously see opposing quarterbacks have 10 seconds in the pocket to find an open guy in some of our games this year

And why should this be considered unusual?

This one is unusual to me since he just signed a new deal.
Regardless, this news blows

For the 132nd time, Mankins cannot be traded. He is not a signed player.

And for the 132nd time, you were informed that if Mankins signs a contract, he can be traded. Given that Mankins, you know, asked for a trade, it's quite possible he would sign for the right team/deal.

And when was the last time the patriots traded a player for another player? And when was the last time the patriots traded a player who demanded a trade for another player? Just checking!

And for the 132nd time, you were informed that if Mankins signs a contract, he can be traded. Given that Mankins, you know, asked for a trade, it's quite possible he would sign for the right team/deal.

And when was the last time the patriots traded a player for another player? And when was the last time the patriots traded a player who demanded a trade for another player? Just checking!

When was the last time the Patriots had a pass rush group so bad that NONE of these starters would start on just about any other team?

If there was ever time to change a few regular Patriot ways,it would be this year

Tom Curran has something on the situation:
He wasn't at practice and has not been seen at the facility. Earlier today, Bill Belichick said that, "All the players under contract are here."

Not to pick nits, but what Belichick actually said was "All of the players that are here are under contract and Logan is not under contract." I remembered it because it struck me as odd wording. But I checked it out at Patriots.com and it's here; scroll to the bottom of the transcript.

Bill Belichick Press Conference - 7/29/2010

I'm all for trading for players. However, I believe that success would be easier if draft choices were used instead of players. It is not a matter of changing patriot ways. Player for player trades are unusual in the nfl, and totally unecessary.

When was the last time the Patriots had a pass rush group so bad that NONE of these starters would start on just about any other team?

If there was ever time to change a few regular Patriot ways,it would be this year

Not to pick nits, but what Belichick actually said was "All of the players that are here are under contract and Logan is not under contract." I remembered it because it struck me as odd wording. But I checked it out at Patriots.com and it's here; scroll to the bottom of the transcript.

Bill Belichick Press Conference - 7/29/2010

You should pass that on to Curran. I was just quoting the article. I'm sure he'd be grateful for the ability to correct any errors in his piece.

I never said they would trade Mankins, and I never said it would be for a player, not a draft pick. You repeated that the Pats CAN NOT trade Mankins. I just got tired of hearing that particular fallacy.

You should pass that on to Curran. I was just quoting the article. I'm sure he'd be grateful for the ability to correct any errors in his piece.

Yeah, should have mentioned I was correcting him, not you. Trying to contact him now. I see PFW picked up the incorrect quote too. BB is so good with words; it struck me as so odd the way he said it, but turns out maybe for a reason.

little bit surprised honestly...but let's see...

I never said they would trade Mankins, and I never said it would be for a player, not a draft pick. You repeated that the Pats CAN NOT trade Mankins. I just got tired of hearing that particular fallacy.

The Patriots currently cannot trade Mankins. That's simple reality.

Burgess probably saw the power rankings, and like everyone else in the league, is afraid of playing the all-madden calibur New York Jets.

Last edited:

If you see my original quote, you'll notice I said that if he signs a contract he can be traded... and that he asked for a trade. Context.

If you see my original quote, you'll notice I said that if he signs a contract he can be traded... and that he asked for a trade. Context.

Context. My post stands.

Context. My post stands.

Excellent. Next, we'll await your discourse on what the meaning of "is" is.

Context. My post stands.

It's annoying seeing "Pats can't trade Mankins" every time someone speculates on the possiblity. Anyone, who's not an idiot, that's been following this knows he needs to sign a contract to be traded. They also know Mankins demanded to be traded.

If the Mankins signs a contract, the Patriots can trade him.

Do you need to see it again, or would you like to split hairs some more? Nevermind, I already know the answer.

It's kinda like saying that a soldier can't fire a gun because the ammo is in his pocket and not in the chamber. Sure, if you want to split hairs you can make that statement, even when everyone knows that he can fire the gun if he loads it. Pretty silly when you think about it.

It's annoying seeing "Pats can't trade Mankins" every time someone speculates on the possiblity. Anyone, who's not an idiot, that's been following this knows he needs to sign a contract to be traded. They also know Mankins demanded to be traded.

Do you need to see it again, or would you like to split hairs some more? Nevermind, I already know the answer.

It's kinda like saying that a soldier can't fire a gun because the ammo is in his pocket and not in the chamber. Sure, if you want to split hairs you can make that statement, even when everyone knows that he can fire the gun if he loads it. Pretty silly when you think about it.

Mgteich was making accurate posts. You called his position a fallacy, either because you don't know the meaning of the word or because you were trying to "split hairs" in a misleading manner. Don't come at me with your silliness just because I backed Mgteich on his point.

Mgteich was making accurate posts. You called his position a fallacy, either because you don't know the meaning of the word or because you were trying to "split hairs" in a misleading manner. Don't come at me with your silliness just because I backed Mgteich on his point.

If the soldier loads the gun, he can fire it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes