PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reports: Burgess not at camp; considering retirement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Burgess considering retirement?

If the Mankins signs a contract, the Patriots can trade him.

If the soldier loads the gun, he can fire it.

what if Mankins is the soldier?

Since the gun is unloaded, to use your example, your position is irrelevant and your claim that Mgteich's argument was a fallacy was flat-out wrong.

Mankins is currently unsigned. He cannot be traded.

Last edited:
Mankins can't be traded until he can be traded.

<ducks>

Since the gun is unloaded, to use your example, your position is irrelevant and your claim that Mgteich's argument was a fallacy was flat-out wrong.

I think the more important question is: who cares?

Eh, he'll 'decide not to retire' right around when two-a-days end. If he does retire, we're kinda screwed- guess we'd be seeing a lot of Cunningham, much earlier than we thought.

OK, enough lets say Mankins can be traded, who are you going to trade him for?

Last edited:

Rinse. Repeat.

When was the last time the Patriots had a pass rush group so bad that NONE of these starters would start on just about any other team?

If there was ever time to change a few regular Patriot ways,it would be this year

TBC would start on plenty of teams. Whoever's opposite him... not so much.

With 3 ILBs after Mayo that are projected to be pretty good, Can any of them switch to OLB?

Guyton has height (6'3") and speed, is he bulky (242lbs) enough?

McKenzie (6'1") doesn't have typical 3-4 OLB height but thicker (245lbs) than Guyton (if you factor in that he is shorter) Speed?

Spikes has same height as Ninkovich (6'2") and he's 250lbs like Nink and TBC. Is he fast enough? Does it matter?

This of course does not take into account the other abilities it takes to play OLB vs ILB. I won't pretend to know the other skills/abilities they need to have to be able to transition well to OLB outside of instincts and football acumen.

Anybody can load the gun and the soldier can still fire it.

Only Mankins can sign the contract and he can't trade himself to another team.

Hope that clears things up for you.;):bricks:

what if Mankins is the soldier?

Ha ha!! It's threads like this one... never mind... the goddamned pen is ... blue!

Liar-Liar-jim-carrey-1014545_576_384.jpg

Last edited:
IF this is true... then regardless of whether or not he comes back, I'm not thrilled. Means the passion and the will in him is waning, and that was already an issue with him.

Whats really scary about all this is that most Pats fans are really concerned about a player who was a Raiders castoff who had just a few flashes of productivity last year on this team and far from a savior of the pass rush in 2009.

In other years it would be a laugher or a ho hum attitude to lose a guy like Burgess, but OLB is so bad its like we are talking about Willie McGinest retiring here in his prime.

NOW THATS SCARY!

Last edited:
Whats really scary about all this is that most Pats fans are really concerned about a player who was a Raiders castoff who had just a few flashes of productivity last year on this team and far from a savior of the pass rush in 2009.

In other years it would be a laugher or a ho hum attitude to lose a guy like Burgess, but OLB is so bad its like we are talking about Willie McGinest retiring here in his prime.

NOW THATS SCARY!

Funny and so true :)

What's scary to me is that this GLARING issue was NOT addressed in the off-season. Nope, instead they get a run blocking TE - because, you know, we run so much and so well :) ....and then we draft a couple more -because this coach just LOVES going to that well ALL THE TIME. All I wanted for christmas was a damn pass rush, and I all got was the Gronk. :)

Last edited:
This is actually a good thing if Burgess retires. This will force the Pats to play Cunningham.

This is actually a good thing if Burgess retires. This will force the Pats to play Cunningham.

I think we were going to be seeing lots of Cunningham regardless of Burgess but even more now,of course Nincovich becomes closer to starter and that leaves me with a little vomit in the mouth.

Maybe the guy wants more coin. Wait for BB to offer some sweetener. Kraft can offer 6 months free rent in any of his 20 empty store fronts at Patriots Place. Make the storefronts accessible to vehicles and charge for indoor parking...unless Krafty has already thought of this.

Last edited:
Guyton

Spikes

Mayo

Banta Cain

(Those are your eventual starters)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes