PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reports: Burgess not at camp; considering retirement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guyton

Spikes

Mayo

Banta Cain

(Those are your eventual starters)

Nincovich or Cunningham would start - Guyton plays inside and juggles snaps with Spikes early in the year until Spikes gets full time action by November

Re: Burgess considering retirement?

The Patriots currently cannot trade Mankins. That's simple reality.

Yes, they can. He just has to sign a paper. He's asking for a trade. He'll sign it.

This is your usual "i want to fight with somebody over nothing" crap.

Woods is the 3-4 "starter" as he was last year, although he won't get a large percentage of the defensive reps.

Ninkovich and Cunningham will then replace him on non-rushing downs.

Nincovich or Cunningham would start - Guyton plays inside and juggles snaps with Spikes early in the year until Spikes gets full time action by November

Re: Burgess considering retirement?

And for the 132nd time, you were informed that if Mankins signs a contract, he can be traded.
Yes, If he signs he can be traded. He did not sign. He cannot be traded.

Given that Mankins, you know, asked for a trade, it's quite possible he would sign for the right team/deal.
Maybe he would, maybe he wouldn't. We don't know because the Pats cannot trade him right now.

It is sometimes possible to work out a sign and trade deal, but it takes a lot of communication. Right now there is no cummunication. The Pats aren't going to hammer out a deal because they don't know if Mankins will sign or not to complete the trade. Mankins can't hammer out a trade because he is Patriots property.

I officially hate this board

Guyton

Spikes

Mayo

Banta Cain

(Those are your eventual starters)

Playing Guyton outside is really putting him out of position.
His strengths aren't what the Patriots call for at OLB.
Guyton, I think, can rotate with Mayo at WILB, and could be very good in a rotation there.
If he ends up playing at OLB, it basically means a forced change to a different type of defense.
The Pats OLB's typically can put their hands down and play DE with flexibility - that's not Guyton's game.

Guyton doesn't have the strength for OLB, he'd get dominated by tackles.

Okay. I bet that he won't start on the outside. He was terrible last year when the Pats tried to experiment with him.

He is a quick learner and fleet of foot (at least for a LB). Seems like an interesting prospect to me but I doubt he is a good pass rusher. If spends TC at OLB then I think he would be fine.

Put me in the "un-considering retirement once two-a-days are over" camp.

if burgess, dose retire. thats means rob ninkovich, is now the starter lol

i hope Jermaine Cunningham, plays great as a rookie cause the pats passed on Sergio Kindle, Jerry Hughes, Koa Misi, Jason Worilds, Ricky Sapp, Eric Norwood, Everson Griffen, Austen Lane, Greg Hardy,

my point is the pats had a lot of picks and only drafted one OLB let's hope Guyton, can play some OLB

I hope he changes his mind, in my opinion, he seemed to be improving the last part of the year. Maybe he felt more comfortable in the system?

I hope he changes his mind, in my opinion, he seemed to be improving the last part of the year. Maybe he felt more comfortable in the system?

Me too. Maybe Burgess did already think about retirement after the season ended and the Patriots made him change his mind and got him to sign his contract. Now he could be reconsidering his decision.

Hopefully they can change his mind (again) and get one last season from him. The lack of bodies at the position is really scaring the hell out of me. We are one injury away from starting a rookie and Ninkovich/Woods. Burgess return would make me feel a litte more comfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes