PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: surgery for Gronk

Status
Not open for further replies.
if we lock up HFA, I still think we make it to SB. Whether or not we win SB, I don't know.

So, does BB, who's generally all about using the full roster, keep Gronk's space open, or does he just IR him?
If there is a reasonable possibility of return, I think they keep him on the roster, at least as long as the door remains open. Second most important player on the roster, even if not at full strength. Still no legitimate TE3 (now TE2).

Tom missing a wide open Bennett on that route that got Gronk injured looks even more costly than I thought. Really have no idea what Brady was thinking on that route. He always makes sure to put the receiver in the best possible position to avoid injury.

Not sure, but didn't Gronk get injured before on a similar deep pass up the middle from Brady. I remember Brady was picked off in the Super Bowl on one of those deep throws.

Stop throwing deep to Gronk.

We didn't have Gronk essentially for the first four weeks of the season, either. So it's not like we haven't had any preparation for this.

I think there's a whole separate thread on those comments already..... ;)

Just heard this. :(. Injuries once again plagued this team.

We're going to see Malcolm Mitchell's workload get bigger with the loss of Gronk. I think the Pats will use him to help off-set the loss, but Bennett will have to step up even more.

This is going to hurt the running game unless Lengel can help out..

I'm going to guess that the Pats end up putting Gronk on the IR. I don't think that BB will run the risk of going the next 6 games and whatever play-offs with just the 52 players on the roster.

Tom missing a wide open Bennett on that route that got Gronk injured looks even more costly than I thought. Really have no idea what Brady was thinking on that route. He always makes sure to put the receiver in the best possible position to avoid injury.
Jeez. Brady has missed passes before. If he knew this will cost gronk a surgery he wouldve thrown to bennett ? Its just terrible luck. There is nothing to blame.

Just heard this. :(. Injuries once again plagued this team.
This is definitely a bad break, but to be fair, the team has been remarkably healthy to this point.

Jeez. Brady has missed passes before. If he knew this will cost gronk a surgery he wouldve thrown to bennett ? Its just terrible luck. There is nothing to blame.
Point is, he led Gronk right towards Thomas. What if Thomas wasn't such a great player and ended up going low?

I don't think the team is dead without him. You never want to lose your best weapon in the passing game, but the team still has Bennett and they have upgraded their WR corps over where it was in 2013 plus have two pass catching threats at RB and a solid ground game. It isn't over by a long shot however the defensive side of the ball will now REALLY need to tighten up. The worst thing about this is that the offense can longer easily mask whether they're passing or running when using 12 personnel. The loss of flexibility alone will hurt.

The ship hasn't sailed on a Lombardi but the team simply cannot sustain any more season ending injuries now if it hopes to compete.

This is definitely a bad break, but to be fair, the team has been remarkably healthy to this point.

The team's top 2 offensive players are currently hurt.

Brady should (hopefully) be getting healthier, but the injury situation still isn't ideal.

I hate injuries

Not sure, but didn't Gronk get injured before on a similar deep pass up the middle from Brady. I remember Brady was picked off in the Super Bowl on one of those deep throws.

Stop throwing deep to Gronk.
When he makes those catches and runs over people, we all love it. If we cant use gronk the way we want to use him, then what is the point ? Next people will say , dont use him in the middle of the field because of the thomas hit .

I'm now ready to be prepared to be disappointed in January unless Brady puts up 140 passer rating every playoff game that's what it will take with this defense

We have never won a Super Bowl without a healthy gronkowski Since 2010

Except in 2001, 2003 and 2004 Brady won with less. With Lewis back and Bennet there is hope. Have faith my friends. This team will fight. I am sad that Gronk is out but I still believe in this team. They are in a better position than 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes