PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: surgery for Gronk

Status
Not open for further replies.
8 weeks is in january (28), i would keep him to SB

DAMN INJURIES. Well could be worse. We could be Jets fans.

Yeah, if the 8 weeks is accurate, he's out until the week before the Super Bowl. Doesn't seem worth it to be a man down for 7 games.

I think we are deep enough to at least carry him until the end of the regular season. And by then we should have a pretty good idea if there is any point holding on.

All of this goes out of the window if there is a clear medical indicator that it will not work out post operation..

They didn't have nearly as much talent in 2006 and were a bad call away from playing a mediocre Bears team in the Super Bowl.

They didn't have nearly as much talent in 2006 and were a bad call away from playing a mediocre Bears team in the Super Bowl.

You me a Caldwell drop away?

Except in 2001, 2003 and 2004 Brady won with less. With Lewis back and Bennet there is hope. Have faith my friends. This team will fight. I am sad that Gronk is out but I still believe in this team. They are in a better position than 2013.

One of the dumbest posts I have read in a long time. Did you really just compare the 2001-2004 teams to the current one? Have you seen our current defense? Those defenses were just as important as Brady back then.

We're just going to have to restructure the offense to succeed without him. Brees is still killing it even without Jimmy Graham. Overlying on Rob paralyze the offense.

Last I checked Pats have...

Brady playing lights out
An O-line playing well.
Blount having a career year
JE11 playing well
Hogan playing well
DA playing well.
Mitchell coming of age
Bennett primed to step up
White playing well
Dion Lewis back and looking good.

If they can't win a SB with that offense they suck.

We're just going to have to restructure the offense to succeed without him. Brees is still killing it even without Jimmy Graham. Overlying on Rob paralyze the offense.

Eh you simply don't replace that. He and Bennett in 12 personnel did wonders for the running game alone. If the defense played that in base, it was bombs away. If they lined up in the nickel, the Pats just simply ran over them. This is still a massive loss.

I think we are deep enough to at least carry him until the end of the regular season. And by then we should have a pretty good idea if there is any point holding on.

All of this goes out of the window if there is a clear medical indicator that it will not work out post operation..

We can beat OAK without him. Chiefs just beat the incredible Broncos D without ONE SINGLE WR

You maybe right but comparing 2001,2003 and 2004 to now isn't really accurate. Vastly different league now than then, different rules for offense/defense + they had a very dominant defense.

True. But have faith. The one thing this team always does is to challenge your faith in them.

Put him on IR let him heal. Don't bring him back half healed and too rusty to play and risk another injury.

At least BB had the foresight to keep A.J. Derby ... Oh, wait. :mad:

Derby had 4 weeks at the beginning of the season to show something, he didn't.

Another 2013 comparison: look at the WR core that year compared to the one we have this year. A lot more surrounding talent this year.

IMO they should try to preserve Bennett as much as possible... Let the WR play, we are pretty deep there

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3