PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: surgery for Gronk

Status
Not open for further replies.
But at this point I think we have to shut Bennett down next week. Idk what the hell we do at TE but it is crucial not to lose him as well. He's been hobbled for a good part of this season.

Oh my f**cking word the AJ Derby **** is starting. Guy has caught 6 passes since being traded. Don't mention pre season games to me because Brian Tyms looked like an elite WR in pre season. There is a reason why Derby got shipped out and it wasn't just so Belichick could get a 5th round pick. If Derby showed any type of promise when the regular season started he wouldn't have been shipped out. Derby essentially had 4 weeks at the beginning of the season to show something and he obviously didn't

So, does BB, who's generally all about using the full roster, keep Gronk's space open, or does he just IR him?

We dont really have any details in terms of how invasive and stressful that specific OP is.

Hearing "herniated disc" and operation makes me inclined to just put him on IR because it sounds too serious to gamble for a potential role in the SB after being sidelines for 8 weeks.

But of course it could be a "minor" operation in the grand scheme of things that makes it possible for him to come back slowly onto the practice field after the end of the regular season and be ready in 8.

If he does indeed miss 8 weeks and comes back for AFCCG, i hope he helps us win a SB and then retire. He's already got a ring and saved enough money and doens't throw it around like most players do. He has a legit reason to retire (unlike Revis)

Point is, he led Gronk right towards Thomas. What if Thomas wasn't such a great player and ended up going low?
Have you seen how many plays brady and gronk have made during the years on the same route and play ? You didnt complain then but want to find someone to fault just because gronk is having surgery. If it helps you feel better blaming someone go for it. I dont think its true.

Except in 2001, 2003 and 2004 Brady won with less. With Lewis back and Bennet there is hope. Have faith my friends. This team will fight. I am sad that Gronk is out but I still believe in this team. They are in a better position than 2013.
So true. And with the emergence of Mitchell, plus Hogan.

Yeah, if the 8 weeks is accurate, he's out until the week before the Super Bowl. Doesn't seem worth it to be a man down for 7 games.
Agree. Not sure how long after the surgery one can project a recovery with much certainty but its going to be decision time soon in Foxboro. If I were to guess now, I'd say IR.

Last edited:
Thanks again for Trading A.J Derby for that HOF 5th Rounder BB.:mad: You never Trade a decent player at a position where you have injury concerns. As Great as Gronk is when he's healthy the guy is not durable thats a FACT!

I thought I heard somewhere before that Currucci (who broke the story) is a family friend of the gronk family. Sounds to me like this is coming from their camp. The fact that he's having surgery in LA and not Boston is telling.

Thanks again for Trading A.J Derby for that HOF 5th Rounder BB.:mad: You never Trade a decent player at a position where you have injury concerns. As Great as Gronk is when he's healthy the guy is not durable thats a FACT!
Run away. Now... :D

We dont really have any details in terms of how invasive and stressful that specific OP is.

Hearing "herniated disc" and operation makes me inclined to just put him on IR because it sounds too serious to gamble for a potential role in the SB after being sidelines for 8 weeks.

But of course it could be a "minor" operation in the grand scheme of things that makes it possible for him to come back slowly onto the practice field after the end of the regular season and be ready in 8.

this

all the tweeters & twatters out there are ASSUMING herniated disc, and then go with the general "8 weeks for herniated disc surgery" assumption

i'll wait a bit before panicking.....and even then, probably won't panic

Except in 2001, 2003 and 2004 Brady won with less. With Lewis back and Bennet there is hope. Have faith my friends. This team will fight. I am sad that Gronk is out but I still believe in this team. They are in a better position than 2013.
You maybe right but comparing 2001,2003 and 2004 to now isn't really accurate. Vastly different league now than then, different rules for offense/defense + they had a very dominant defense.

I don't think the Patriots should keep the roster spot open for 8 weeks. I do think that they
should speed up negotiations to extend Bennett. I also think that negotiations to extend Gronkowski should be shelved.

The team's top 2 offensive players are currently hurt.

Brady should (hopefully) be getting healthier, but the injury situation still isn't ideal.

It never is. **** happens every year. It's a product of playing as deep into the postseason as they always do coupled with them being everyone's Super Bowl. I made that point in the preseason and multiple people had **** fits over it.

At least BB had the foresight to keep A.J. Derby ... Oh, wait. :mad:

the best thing the pats have going for them is that they are 9-2, they have to somehow slog through to get the #1 and the whole league is terribly watered down in terms of competition except a couple of teams.

And, unlike in 13, Gronk still has a chance to come back in the end. (As far as we know)

It's worth it for him. One of the few guys it is worth.

Agree completely, unless he is ruled out until March you keep him on the active roster and try to get him back in time for the AFCCG.

It never ceases to amaze me just how quick people are to give up on this team.

If this happened any other year, no SB.

This year they have enough. But they NEED the 1 seed.

Mitchell (assuming he continues to improve) and Hogan are upgrades at flanker and split end over anything they had in 2013 and Bennett is no slouch. The offense will no longer be a pinball machine but they aren't dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes