PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: surgery for Gronk

Status
Not open for further replies.
So here's the thing. Back in the middle of September I got caught in a revenue enhancement scam in Billerica when I got pulled over after making a left turn on a green light at a busy intersection during rush hour.. When I asked what was up, I was told an undercover dectective was in the cross walk and I should have stopped. There were 3 or 4 other cars getting written up when I was pulled over. Now I was in a van for a company I do part time work for, and I couldn't find the registration. The cop didn't care. While I waited 3 more cars were pulled over. When I finally found the registration, the cop said it didn't matter and handed me a $205 ticket.

Of course I was irate and knew it was a scam so I filled out the request for a hearing and sent it in to the DMV and waited to hear about my hearing date. Fast forward a couple of months and I'm opening my mail last week and I see something from the DMV and think FINALLY, they sent me the date. Much to my surprise I open it up and it's a notice stating my licence will besuspended 11/22 for not paying the ticket and NOW the bill is $26o. Well, since it's now 11/25th, I've been a criminal on the road for the last couple of days.

Well I finally get to the registry yesterday and I figure I'll have to pay the money up front and then fight the ticket. I mean you can't drive on a suspended license can you? So I get my number, wait for a few minutes and I get ushered into a supervisor's office. I tell my story and he's very sympathetic, but the DMV has no record of my appeal. He tells me I have to got to Worcester because they don't have a hearing officer in Milford, and if the hearing officer thinks that my case has merit, the ticket will go back down to $205, and I will be given a date.

I was pissed they had lost my appeal (but it happens), and having to go all the way to Worcester, but I pull out my checkbook and say, "So I make this out to DOT for $260?" He says, "No, that would have been the price if you had paid by 11/22. Now the charge is $360." :eek:

WONDERFUL :rolleyes: Can this get any worse?!! So I write out the check and hand it to him as he puts stuff into his keyboard which I assume will reinstate my license. About a minute later I ask him for the address of the DMV in Worcester. He asks "Why?". I said because I want to get a hearing date and fight to get my money back. He comes back and tells me, "Well now that you paid, you can't appeal. Its over. I thought about that for a few seconds then politelyasked him for my check back. He said, "sorry but I already processed it, but I can tell you that as of this second your license has been restored", like THAT would make me forget the entire series of events. :rolleyes:

So I walk back out to my car in the parking lot, still very angry and a bit befuddled by what had just occured, so I turn on the radio, and THEN find out Gronk is out for the season. What I f*cking DAY. ::eek: I can't bear to watch the news anymore. The Pats have been my salvation, and now even THAT has gone to ****. I already could predict the fall out and speculation that undoubtedly you followed in the media and this 35 page thread. So this is my first comment on the topic, and thank you for allowing me this rant. I actually DO feel a bit better for the effort. ;)

As to the topic at hand - Life after Gronk- After a couple of days of mourning, I have come to the conclusion we all should have. It really, really sucks, but pretty much everyone loses one of the better players to injury. The only change is that we've gone from being THE heavy favorite to win it all, to being ONE of the favorites to win it all. So rather than worry about the guy we lost, relish in the play of the guys who will be on the field for the rest of the season. As we found out so painfully in 2007, no team is guaranteed a free ride to the Lombardi. You have to EARN it everytime you go out on the field. I'm actually relishing NOT being the favorite again. I'm still very excited and optimistic about this team.

Last edited:
Still think he's back by a conference championship game.

I'm with ya on that.

8 weeks from today is 1/27/17 which falls after the AFCCG.

So like JE11 last year......we wait and hope.

Where did I say they would cruise to an easy victory?
On page 31 of this thread where you said it would be "easier" with Garoppolo - even though he has not played in 2 months and has never had as many attempts, completions or yards in a single game as Brady had this past Sunday.
I'm thrilled that Brady was able to gut it out and be 60% of the GOAT that he is.

IMHO, JG at 100% ~= TFB at 60%.
The thing is, you have no idea if Brady was at 60%. That's just a number you're pulling completely out of thin air based on rumor, speculation, and the meaningless injury reports.

Last edited:
Bad things can happen on any play. But the odds are far greater for the "big, clumsy" athlete on a long go-route if he does not know how to fall. Gronk is not twinkle toes Brandon lloyd.

It's simple physics.

Read the entirety of my previous post. It's all right there.
It's silly trying to guess the "odds" of an injury coming from a player doing the things he is supposed to do in his position. What are the odds he suffers a season ending injury while blocking on an extra point?

You don't want to do things like have Gronk line up at tailback for a hand off, but if he's in the game running a route he has run countless times before, Brady can't be standing in the pocket wondering which receiver is too injured to throw the ball to.

On page 31 of this thread where you said it would be "easier" with Garoppolo - even though he has not played in 2 months and has never had as many attempts, completions or yards in a single game as Brady had this past Sunday.
I'm thrilled that Brady was able to gut it out and be 60% of the GOAT that he is.

IMHO, JG at 100% ~= TFB at 60%.
The thing is, you have no idea if Brady was at 60%. That's just a number you're pulling completely out of thin air based on rumor, speculation, and the meaningless injury reports.[/QUOTE]

1) "Easier" than a nailbiting last minute victory is not "cruising".

That's a pretty understandable difference in word definition.

2) So you watched the game and think Brady's mobility was not greatly compromised?

Still think he's back by a conference championship game.
If he is not IR'd this weekend, I'll allow myself to hope for that. IMHO that would say the Patriots think the same thing.

An injury that takes two months to recover from is now a career ender?

Hes the last guy that should be commenting on Gronk's condition.

His credibility is shot. Doing those dumb ass ads on WEEI with Fauria.

I think I'd listen to Dr Seuss, Dr Strangeglove and Dr No before Gill now.

Looking gooooood.....

Check out @Trags's Tweet:

Looks like the pain meds are working. Crazy good sign for him. Especially on the day (s) right after surgery.

If he's not on IR by Wednesday, one would have to assume they're holding out hope he will be able to play again this season.

I obviously want him back in the line up but... damn it seems awful risky to ask him to come back in the post season. How long until he can start working out and practicing.. Football is such a dirty business. But I love it.

I obviously want him back in the line up but... damn it seems awful risky to ask him to come back in the post season. How long until he can start working out and practicing.. Football is such a dirty business. But I love it.

Yea I think the Super Bowl he plays if we make it, I think they said they will make an official announcement after the surgery if he is truly done this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News