PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: surgery for Gronk

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the right call. Some people won't like it because everyone just wants instant gratification but we are not only talking about an extremely valuable player that the team has to protect but also a human being that has been through a lot.

It isn't really season ending until the Pats activate someone from IR, right?

It isn't really season ending until the Pats activate someone from IR, right?

Brissett was designated to return already so there is no way to activate Gronk. But it sounds like there never really was a chance anyway..

Hopefully we see Gronk by game 8 of 2017

Hopefully we see Gronk by game 8 of 2017

It takes about 2 months after the surgery to resume physical activities. He'll probably heal in time for training camp absent any complications or setbacks.

It takes about 2 months after the surgery to resume physical activities. He'll probably heal in time for training camp absent any complications or setbacks.

Which means he won't play in preseason and will be on a pitch count the first 3-4 games of the year.

Keep him in the Gronk chamber until the '17 playoffs

51rIxyR%2BKTL.jpg

Good news but its still Back Surgery which could get re-injured I am still Expecting either a Bennett Extension or we double dip at the position in the upcoming Draft. I don't think the Patriots are going to be depending on Gronk from now on with a evolving Offense. Again no disrespect to Gronk but right now I am more concerned about him living a normal life without chronic pains after Football. The Sport is just too violent!

Boom! All those people upthread saying it was the Seattle game. I'm still blaming Brady and McD for bombing it deep to him.

Me too, having them play football is just too dangerous.

Good to hear after all the HAWT TAKEZ that his career is over.

Unfortunately those of us who would like to see him take up Brady's approach to his career are not going to get our wish, Gronk is who he is and he's going to keep on going big and partying his ass off. I hope it works for him because he is an immense talent when he's available.

To be fair, the D is the biggest hindrance to the Pats winning the Super Bowl this year. They have to get better pass rushers next years and at least one impact safety. Those things can only be remedied next year as the D is what it is at this point.

Great post. That sh.tty defense sure was what it was. Great insight. Sorry you missed the rest of the season.

Unfortunately those of us who would like to see him take up Brady's approach to his career are not going to get our wish, Gronk is who he is and he's going to keep on going big and partying his ass off. I hope it works for him because he is an immense talent when he's available.

Perhaps he'll do that later on in life. Right now he's still in his "prime partying years" and he's taking full advantage. I don't think his partying correlates to his on-field production whatsoever, but it would be nice to see him come back and dominate.

In retrospect : the way seasons had been ending (hobbled in SB loss, available in 2014 win), it made sense to trumpet his importance in big games.

However, I think this year's receivers + Marty gave NE much more than "non-Gronk" options of recent seasons. If Gronk can be healthy all/most next season, that would be a huge way to offset some key (possible) departures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft