PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Pats to bring in TJ Houshmandzadeh for workout

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet they want to take it slow w/ Price so TJ is here to act as a Shadow player and depth @ WR through camp. Price, no sense rushing him back

Which speculation gains more traction first?

• Houshmandzadeh signing means Tate will be cut

• Houshmandzadeh signing means Pats are trading Welker

Looks to me like the "OMG, I wonder if Price's injury is bad" speculation has a rolling head start.

Hopefully just speculation.

Out of the 240 wide receivers in training camp right now around the league, approximately, where do you think Price ranks? This is a sincere question - personally I never saw him play at Ohio nor do I put much stock in the limited action he got with Hoyer in week 17.

Well on any other team he'd be 3rd on the depth chart easily in my opinion.

He'll never be a number one but could potentially mature into being a good #2.

images

Please no! There is a reason why is no one else wants him!

Why not bring in some more pre-season competition? And when did Price become such a critical piece of the O? After 1 solid pre-season game? Give me some more Buddy.

My guess -- the usual scouting-by-workout. Don't know why we'd bring him in otherwise.

Not saying a bust but if this is an injury,the made of glass topic will come up quickly

Jackson couldn't stay healthy enough to stick around long...hope it's not the same with Taylor

Hey wait a minute here! Price took a cheap shot to the head, got back up and continued to play in the game. Perhaps he does have a concussion ... but that no way indicates he is made of glass.

I am just hoping its not severe!

Can the NFL fine players in pre-season, because both the hits on Christian Cox and Price were cheap shots.

Last edited:
Can we all say this together: "Due diligence"

2006/2007 TJ Houshmanzadeh would be a good signing.
This is the thing with WRs. He's still the same guy, but then he was in an offense that gave him a lot of opportunities, and had Chad Johnson on the other side in his prime, and a QB who trusted him. WR stats are 50% the player and 50% the situation.

Why?? :confused:
Does this guy even have anything left?

Isn't the receiver spot already crowded? I don't see him as being an upgrade over the top three. He wasn't really any better than Tate last year. I'd rather keep all three of our young guys than get a fourth aging talented receiver, never mind an aging receiver who only had 30 catches last year. In short, NO.

Isn't the receiver spot already crowded? I don't see him as being an upgrade over the top three. He wasn't really any better than Tate last year. I'd rather keep all three of our young guys than get a fourth aging talented receiver, never mind an aging receiver who only had 30 catches last year. In short, NO.

Not disagreeing with any one but him catching 30 catches for the Ravens is no indication of his current skill level (Boldin only caught 68) since the Ravens pass game is pathetic.

I would like to nominate a potential "Patriots bring in XYZ Player for workout." thread.

These are getting pretty redundant.

You could do a fill in the blanks:

The Pats are bringing ___________________ in for a workout... does this mean that _________________ is (going to be cut/going to be traded/injured worse than we thought/made out of glass/unable to rush the passer)?

Edelman getting cut would shock me. I expect to see Edelman in the Pro Bowl this year as a special teamer. He'll have 3 TDs run back on punt returns.

This has been a rollercoaster offseason for sure. It's hard to keep up with what's going on around here.

This has been a rollercoaster offseason for sure. It's hard to keep up with what's going on around here.
I think the only real difference is that while every year we have a turnstile in Foxboro bringing in the best player available for workouts, since there was such a late FA period this year, they come with bigger names.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST