PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Pats to bring in TJ Houshmandzadeh for workout

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to point out that the Ravens run a very WR-unfriendly offense. Neither Boldin nor Mason broke 900 yards receiving in 2010.

This isn't necessarily an endorsement of TJ, just pointing something out.

before the contract was signed, everybody talked about how this would happen when it was finally done...and now here we are...and all of a sudden, there's shock all over the place that this veteran rush is happening...fans are like lemmings

I'm going to point out that the Ravens run a very WR-unfriendly offense. Neither Boldin nor Mason broke 900 yards receiving in 2010.

This isn't necessarily an endorsement of TJ, just pointing something out.

Cam Cameron runs about as un-inventive an offense as they come. Hitch routes galore

Did you know his name is worth up to 54 pts. in Scrabble?

Last edited:
Cam Cameron runs about as un-inventive an offense as they come. Hitch routes galore

My understanding is that he would have been fired already, if not for the lockout making staff continuity a priority.

before the contract was signed, everybody talked about how this would happen when it was finally done...and now here we are...and all of a sudden, there's shock all over the place that this veteran rush is happening...fans are like lemmings

I don't get the rodent comparison to fans. I just find it shocking that a majority of the veteran rush seems to be specifically pointed at NE and Philly. New cba or not, I don't think there were too many fans out there that thought there would be this many veteran names being brought in for workouts for the Pats.

Not saying a bust but if this is an injury,the made of glass topic will come up quickly

Jackson couldn't stay healthy enough to stick around long...hope it's not the same with Taylor
Did you really think this post through?

tj houshmandzadeh still has the greatest denial in a loss quote against the Pats ever, I used to have it on video.

When we shut him and Ocho down with laughable personnel in the D backfield and won by 20-30 points, Tj came up with something like "they know they couldn't cover us, that's why they played us (covered, shut down) like they did."

Beautiful. I'd have a real hard time getting excited about that guy.

I don't think they will sign him..if they do than tate is gone or price is hurt and for a while

we're trying to contend for a SB so why not bring in guys and work them out. If there is somebody out there better than the guys we have on our team then we should add him :rolleyes:

Report: Houshmandzadeh working out in New England tomorrow

Per PFT.

Report: Houshmandzadeh working out in New England tomorrow | ProFootballTalk

WTH is this all about now?? We've already been going back and forth way too much in regards to which WR we see being cut as it is..

I was surpsrised that no one had started a thread already on the matter.

Before this news, I thought there may be a better chance than most thought that we actually kept all of the WR's (considering that Slater is a ST only player). If we actually signed Who's your mama, I wouldn't even know what to think in regards to the position.

I'm wondering if one of Price/Edelman isn't hurt a little more than we know of right now (pure speculation), although I hope I'm way off.

(Sorry--apologies Mods, as there was a prior thread that must have been pretty far down, and just got bumped up now. Please delete or merge. My bad, it seemed weird that no one had brought it up)

Last edited:
There isn't a receiver in the NFL who wouldn't be hurt after that hit. If he has a concussion, it's because of the laws of physics, not because he's "made of glass". There are plenty of WRs on the Pats roster with an injury history (Edelman, Tate, Welker, Branch). Price is one of the few that doesn't fall into that group.

Price. Leg injury. Price. Leg injury. Price. Leg injury.

If it was a concussion, he wouldn't have immediately gotten up and kept playing.

It is a leg injury from the punt return. The one where he could barely limp off the field. The last play he was on the field for.

Can we Please stop calling this a concussion?

I missed Price limping off the field. I thought he was hurt due to that helmet to helmet hit. That had to have hurt!

Damn. As soon as I saw the news about TJ coming in for a workout, I immediately felt that one of Price/Edelman was hurt worse than we know of.

That absolutely sucks...just terrible. I had super high hopes for Price this yr.

I can't figure out why in the world we'd have one more guy here at the WR position unless one of the two is more significantly hurt than we all originally thought. At the same time, I also hate to add to the speculation, so apologies...but to be honest, it was the first thing that I thought of. I just can't figure out why we'd be even remotely interested in this guy.

Last edited:
Sciz - no offense but Tarp in the avatar? Not impressed the other night, and, he can't make the club from the tub.

You would have seen Cox at MLB in the second half if he didn't get wrecked, and Tarp at OLB. 100% of Tarps snaps in practice were at OLB... So if he didnt impress you at MLB, that might have something to do with it.

If the 'made of glass' charge can be made, it's against Edelman.

Yeah, we all saw that when he busted 29 tackles at once in the Baltimore playoff game in Jan. of '09.

The guy's weak I tell you...no heart or ability to play through pain :rolleyes:

How many games has he missed due to injury so far, out of curiosity?

The way I see this is it is more than likely just a "due diligence" scout by workout affair. Patriots (and most teams) due this all the time. No big deal.

However, IF Price is seriously hurt, and that's a big IF, then it's also likely that he could start the season and the PUP list and be available later on. I can't see Price's injury being serious enough to land him on IR or it would have probably been announced already.

Is it possible that Price's leg injury is not all that bad but they will stash him on PUP anyway?

I expect this is "due diligence" as well. If the jets were to sign this guy to their WR poor offense I'm sure we want some recent notes on him. But I do love to have my outlandish theories to play with too! :singing:

Does anybody remember what Tate's injury is? Seems he hasn't practiced in a bit and I can't remember why.

Also, FWIW, Brady was on EEI this morning. Said Price has taken advantage of his opportunities and just needs to be consistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes