PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Pats to bring in TJ Houshmandzadeh for workout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bryant Mckinnie is still out there.:D

He played like crap in Baltimore. I don't want him.

He played like crap in Baltimore. I don't want him.

Joe Flacco is not that bad but he is no Tom Brady

Look at all our former WRs who went elsewhere and did nothing...in reverse of this situation.

Deion Branch is one BIG example of how Brady can make a so-so receiver a Pro Bowler

Lol. But I heard him say that he was really good lol

And the entire NFLN staff burst out laughing after that too. I think he said that he considered himself to be among the elite QBs in this league.

I'll never forget the way Jamie Dukes was ripping him apart lol
Yea I know lol. I was laughing when I heard him say that

I dont like him and don't want him, he's a punk and nothing special as a receiver.

When did he get busted for possession?

Possession WR is a common term used throughout the NFL.

Basically, its a WR that works underneath. Housh excelled in Cinci when Ocho was stretching the field and he was cleaning up on the short routes. His average YPC is around 10 - 13 yards per reception.

Last season in Cinci, Ocho was used more in the role of a possession WR and TO stretched the field. But, I firmly believe that Ocho was signed in NE to stretch the field since NE already has Branch, Welker, Woody, the TE's and possibly Housh to primarily work underneath.

We will see.

Pats Pulpit - For New England Patriots Fans

The workout of T.J. Houshmandzadeh is an interesting one, to say the least. The former long-time teammate of Chad Ochocinco spent his 2010 season with the Baltimore Ravens, where he caught 30 passes for 389 yards and three touchdowns. The year prior, with the Seahawks, "Housh" pulled in 79 grabs. At 6'2", 203 lbs, Houshmandzadeh isn't a burner, but he's still a solid possession receiver who could be a good number three or number four receiver for a team.

Tate, Price and Edelman all out of practice today.

Just kicking the tires........ Nothing to get too worked up about.

This is not because of misperformance on the other Wide Receivers. This is simply the team bringing in the best available talent or who they feel can help the team's chances of being successful within their system. Me personally, I don't think TJ fits. He is a great athlete and very good WR but just not our type of reciever. If you look at the history with Troy Brown, David Patten, and David Givens. He just doesn't fit that mold. I don't think he would bold well within our system. I do think that if Julian Edelman were given more looks, he could be a poor man's Wes Welker with great athletism but he needs to stay healthy. And I'm not sold on Taylor Price nor Brandon Tate for that matter (both too raw) but I thought someone like Jericho Cotchery would be a New England type WR. Lance Moore is another name that came to mind and even Sam Hurd but TJ? Just couldn't see him fitting well in the system. Chad will be a great fit and addition though.

For the last time, YOU CANNOT BE PUPPED ONCE YOU PRACTICE...:ugh:

Mea Culpa, Father Mo and I know that. :)

I have no one to blame but myself, and the evil football fan fairy.

Mostly myself, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back