PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Replacement Refs - It has to be said.(Merged X7)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Replacement Refs - It has to be said.(Merged X2)

the refs were bad but they didn't lose the game for the Pats. The Pats lost the game. Same way they almost lost last year's AFCCG. Same way they lost 3 rings - soft 4th Q D. Horrible defensive back play and no pressure on the QB.

sorry..bad calls do cost games..You can't continually give the other team first downs with bad calls,,it changes everything. This is an offensive league now..when you make a stop, it's big..can't have the refs make up fake PI calls.

BTW..T. Smith pushed off on both TDs

the refs were bad but they didn't lose the game for the Pats. The Pats lost the game. Same way they almost lost last year's AFCCG. Same way they lost 3 rings - soft 4th Q D. Horrible defensive back play and no pressure on the QB.
The last time i put a loss on the reffs was 1976, so for me to blame the reffs it had to be bad as in putrid.

Sorry the defense shouldn't have been on the field that long, they got worn down having to stay on the field because of the reffs ineptness.

Last edited:

Not to be facetious, but how do you control "not being able to rush the passer because you're being held on every ******* play"?

You can't which is exactly why you shouldn't worry about it. If you worry about things you can't control then you will fee like crap and never improve yourself.

I'm definitely done buying any NFL gear until the league sorts this out.

If I am still this mad next weekend, I might be done watching for a while.

and posting on a message board changes anything?

And whining about guys posting on a board does what, exactly?
spock.gif

What...are one of those Scabs a brother of yours?

Did he offer you a cut of his Take to defend him and his scabalicious buddies?

Feel free to explain why you would attack your alleged fellow fans for blowing off some steam, bud.

it has to get tiring as a defense when anytime you barely touch a receiver a flag gets thrown and the team is awarded a free first down...or flaccos go to play "throw it deep where you know the receiver isnt going to come down with it and a flag will be thrown"

I KNEW they were going to call PI on that deep throw as soon as he launched it...just the way the game was reffed...

Jones was getting blatantly held on each play by the ravens OL

I'm not going to sit here and say we lost because of the refs because there were plenty of bad calls on both sides tonight. But it has gotten to the point where they effect the flow of the game. Just **** calls all around and I'm glad it was on national television tonight. It was almost as sickening to watch as the outcome.

... and that's my point. Win Lose or draw. YOU NEVER want to see a outcome that is influenced by the refs. This one CLEARLY was. Don't get me wrong, if the Ravens had lost, I think that their fan base would have been able to start this VERY SAME thread.

It really was that bad in both directions. In a multi-billion dollar industry, that cannot happen. This game was not won (or lost) by the players. It was "effected" by the refs and that is a travesty.

Last edited:
Re: Burton and Zolak losing it on postgame

Anyone else catch it just before they went on air they left the camera rolling and they were talking about how bad the reffing was without knowing they were live.

Then when they came on here Zolak flipped at the refs anyway

I have been watching NFL football since before the Patriots came into existence and before the AFL, and I have to say, and it is not sour grapes, that this was, in all probability,the worst officiated game I have seen in all those years.

I'm waiting for Vegas to start complaining to that ***** bag of a commissioner, how can they set the line when the officiating can determine the game. I'm pretty sure goody will listen to them if he won't listen to the fans.

I don't even want to talk about this game because I don't want to seem like I am whining about the refs costing the Pats' the game. You look at any game and the refs are getting worse and worse every week.

Who said it was? We're here to talk about things related to the Patriots, no?
Does your posting ON A MESSAGE BOARD degrading his posting about something out of everyone's control supposed to change anything?

Listen, I understand the need to vent but I just want to make it clear that the refs are going to be hear a while. We heard at halftime that there are large discrepancies between the league and locked out refs so we should expect to see more of the same in future games. If someone wants to b**** about it after every game that's fine but it will get old after a while. It's already old.

Regardless of how bad the refs were, our defense was garbage.

No pressure on Flacco, leaving McCourty in one on one situations, allowing Ray Rice to roam free.

The one call that really sticks in my craw was the pass interference on Devin McCourty on the last drive where you barely put a finger on the guy.

That's the one you complain about the most?? McCourty totally hooked him before the ball got there.

That's the one you complain about the most?? McCourty totally hooked him before the ball got there.

That was the correct call. The one McCourty was involved with which was egregious was when Smith pushed off of him in the end zone and didn't get offensive pass interference.

Regardless of how bad the refs were, our defense was garbage.

No pressure on Flacco, leaving McCourty in one on one situations, allowing Ray Rice to roam free.

The Ratbirds had over 500 yards of total offense, while the Pats had a bit under 400 . . . and I haven't begun to count how much of that was on **** gifts from the refs.

And yet they only won by one point.

I think it is important that we as fans take a stand on this issue somehow and soon.

We cannot allow the league to destroy pro football over this petty ref dispute. If this continues, it will further degrade the integrity of the game to a point of no return. It is not just 1 game anymore, it is the majority of games.

Something has to be done.

Last edited:
Could a Penalty Have Been Called on the Ravens Fans (BS Chant)?

I thought that was a penalty?

Delay of game or something like that, isn't it? Because surely the FCC just had a BSfit.

That was not even cheap passive entertainment. That was complete stupidity and a waste of my night. I have been conned by the nfl company. It seemed like I was watching the wwe with the dead brother side story and "revenge" storyline. no legit sport emphasizes the drama this much while completely disregarding it's rules and officiating

And whining about guys posting on a board does what, exactly?
spock.gif

What...are one of those Scabs a brother of yours?

Did he offer you a cut of his Take to defend him and his scabalicious buddies?

Feel free to explain why you would attack your alleged fellow fans for blowing off some steam, bud.

When did I attack anyone? Anyone who needs to vent can, but be prepared for your fellow man to help you through the 5 stages of grief

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST