PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Replacement Refs - It has to be said.(Merged X7)

Status
Not open for further replies.
its not just the calls, but the games are getting out of control..players getting in skirmishes they cant control..

I thought the Denver-Steelers game was bad....but this game takes the cake...seems the bigger the stage the worse the refs get

Re: Replacement Refs - It has to be said.(Merged X3)

Okay, I get it........ can't blame a lose on outside factors.. yada, yada, yada..... So I won't come out and blame this loss exclusively on the refs.

All that being said, what is you're all opinions on what we are seeing. Not just with Patriot games, but with games in General. Very rarely have I seen an outcome so clearly effected by bad officiating.

Sure, I've complained about it in the past, but this is one time where I actually think that it was so apparent. It almost had the feeling of watching a game that had been fixed. I don't believe that, but it kinda felt that way at times.

What say you?

There is no doubt in my mind that the game was not "fixed" but I have to agree with you that it certainly came off as it was.

We all know that Belichick rarely, if ever, argues or berates officials, but there were so many times during the game that he was as animated and in the face of officials as I have ever seen him. And, of course, at games end, I thought he was gonna slug the official he was hollering at. I wish he had.

I cant say how many times that I, and I am, sure all of you have said that officials dont win, or lose games, players do.

In this particular instance I will change my mind.

It is hard to build on a loss, especially in the way this one was lost....but they scored 30 points against one of the best defenses in the NFL. They ripped their secondary apart. That can give them something to build on if they follow a similar offensive philosophy for the rest of the season....Attack, Attack, Attack.....

Hard loss to swallow, but there are 13 games left.

Listen, I understand the need to vent but I just want to make it clear that the refs are going to be hear a while. We heard at halftime that there are large discrepancies between the league and locked out refs so we should expect to see more of the same in future games. If someone wants to b**** about it after every game that's fine but it will get old after a while. It's already old.

That's total crap, and you know it. The NFL is an industry. A MULTI-BILLION dollar industry. It cannot afford to watch it's product get trashed like this. No matter whether you are a fan of either team or not, A LOT of people watched this game and will walk away saying WTF :confused: on many of the penalties. This was a prime time game, and the officiating was horrendous. Even the commentators were trying to "compose" themselves.

This is more then about whether the Pats lost game 3 to drop to 1-2. It really is. It speaks the the integrity of the game.

Listen, I understand the need to vent but I just want to make it clear that the refs are going to be hear a while. We heard at halftime that there are large discrepancies between the league and locked out refs so we should expect to see more of the same in future games. If someone wants to b**** about it after every game that's fine but it will get old after a while. It's already old.

Then everyone should be writing to Kraft and tell him this has to stop. I have never seen this fan base be so upset about the refs. This makes those colts games seem well officiated since they at least had some consistency and flow to the game. This game was just absolute nonsense. Holds were only sometimes holds. Pass interference could go either way. Sometimes things were called other times not. No matter which team won the result would have seemed totally fabricated. I've never felt so frustrated about the refs.

Since my thread got bumped into this and therefore lost the meaning of the title of the thread....

Isn't there a penalty for the Ravens fans chanting a swear?

Total embarassment for the NFL tonight, national game and it was a complete joke, first game in my life where I wished I didnt watch, even if they won I could say it wasnt enjoyable.
The NFL better get its act in gear and do something because its going to slowly eat away at the integrity of the game.

SuperBowl 47: JAGS Vs RAMS

This what will happen if the NFL does not get rid of the replacement refs, Everybody was of the opinion that these refs will effect the outcome of games and eventually it will end up impacting a teams playoff chances, well today was one such instance. If BB gets suspended for the next game against the Bills, then GOD knows what our record will be as we have to play Broncos and Seahawks after that...........The owners need to understand that by not pushing to NFL to come to a deal with the refs they are hurting themselves, their team, revenue and the fans............

P,S - i know this will be merged with the countless other threads, it should be. I am just venting...........

the refs were awful all night, but the Ravens crowd totally intimidated them in the last few minutes.

That is a very good catch. I hadn't thought of it but yes, it is very plausible that the crowd DID, in fact, intimidate the officials during the final minutes of the game.

These guys are doing the best they can but they totally out of their league.

After today, they need to get he real officials back or suspend the games until they can reach an agreement.

If someone wants to b**** about it after every game that's fine but it will get old after a while. It's already old.

So you still decided to read and post on a thread titled "Replacement Refs - It has to be said"?

Then everyone should be writing to Kraft and tell him this has to stop. I have never seen this fan base be so upset about the refs. This makes those colts games seem well officiated since they at least had some consistency and flow to the game. This game was just absolute nonsense. Holds were only sometimes holds. Pass interference could go either way. Sometimes things were called other times not. No matter which team won the result would have seemed totally fabricated. I've never felt so frustrated about the refs.

I totally agree and will be one of the first to write him and the league

Plain and simple... Done with the nfl until the REAL refs are back. Apparently Goodell isn't taking the nfl acronym seriously. See ya.

This game was completely tainted by the refs. No matter who won, the other team would have a right to complain. So, it sorta cancels out.

But make no mistake, these poser refs are ruining the integrity of the game

I hear you, but nobody can cancel out the L that the Pats have now. The Pats bad calls sustained drives for the Ravens. The bad calls on the Ravens didn't really do much to help Pats' drives. Those drives were sputtering anyway.

I rarely complain about officiating and I don't blame the loss solely on them, but we definitely got screwed big time in this one. Cunningham getting tackled on his pass rush, clear for the whole world to see, was the worst. Plus, frickin Collinsworth keep rubbing salt in the wound after every holding by the Ravens that wasn't called, and every phantom holding that went against us. His Ravens bias, coupled with the trainwreck officiating truly made that game difficult to watch.

Glad the announcers at least said "enough is enough" regarding the replacement officials (even though they themselves had no earthly idea what they were talking about).

NFL has got to act. But they won't. Greedy, hypocritical b@stards.

Last edited:
Re: SuperBowl 47: JAGS Vs RAMS

This is what may end up impacting our season

belly_medium.gif

So you still decided to read and post on a thread titled "Replacement Refs - It has to be said"?

You're right I've spent way too much time on this topic, but I feel strongly about it and the fact people complain about this same issue every week win or lose.

I think it is important that we as fans take a stand on this issue somehow and soon.

We cannot allow the league to destroy pro football over this petty ref dispute. If this continues, it will further degrade the integrity of the game to a point of no return. It is not just 1 game anymore, it is the majority of games.

Something has to be done.
People with Nielsen trackers... find a way to watch games without the trackers knowing.

Don't think I have ever been angry about a game before, usually just accept it and move on. Tonight I was just angry at the penalties that cost us. Very disappointing game to watch :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back