PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss: McKenzie to participate fully in offseason activities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, I don't know which one of us you're supporting (if either), but anytime you use a reference to classic childhood game, I'm ok with it.

Not really supporting anybody. I just appreciate it when someone calls someone else out pretty good. :cool:

His size should be good enough, but one also needs a bit of a Crazed Dog attitude to successfully operate among the chaos & flying bodies as a MLB/ILB. I believe McK played mostly as an OLB in college, so I hope that Bill puts him at SILB as soon as OTAs begin.

Edit: I would like to see Ninkovich also tried at SILB; I feel that he might have the attitude nec. to make a living inside. Besides, he doesn't seem to have the explosiveness or the size required of a regular-rotation OLB, exc. maybe on short-yardage/GTG situations.
McKenzie was the #2 Tackler in the Big 12 as a MLB in 2006. He played SLB at USF and WLB as a reserve at Michigan State - the biggest question about his ability to play ILB for NE is his strength and coverage skills. He was a RB in High School.

He's reported to be healed up and ready for the offseason program, and I'm sure the Trainers and Strength & Conditioning staff didn't rest on their backsides while they had him for a full year of rehab. I expect he'll come into Camp around 250 and is likely to be more explosive, flexible, and quicker then when he was drafted. His profile raves about his ability to read keys and line up the defense. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes