PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss: McKenzie to participate fully in offseason activities

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can consider McKenzie to be the missing 3rd round pick that we don't have (at least for now). He'll be kind of a rookie and kind of not : ""I was here full-time, in all the meetings, learning the game plans for each week, staying on top of my playbook,"" heading into the season.

Really hope this kid pans out.

Good people deserve good things happen for them.

Really hope this kid pans out.

Good people deserve good things happen for them.
He really is one of the more impressive newcomers in a while. Him and Mayo are the two who you just can't help but root for. It will be interesting how Mayo/Guyton/McKenzie split the 2 ILB spots if they all stay at ILB.

McKenzie is one of those feel good stories, hope his abilities on the field parallel his kindness toward his family..

He really is one of the more impressive newcomers in a while. Him and Mayo are the two who you just can't help but root for. It will be interesting how Mayo/Guyton/McKenzie split the 2 ILB spots if they all stay at ILB.

I'd say it's almost a perfect comparison to the Bruschi, Johnson, Phifer years. Provided the talent is there. I just mean playing style and formations not expecting the same level of performance yet.

Run - Mayo / McKenzie
Pass - Mayo / Guyton

Last edited:
For his sake and, secondly, for the team, I hope the poor guy's ligaments stop snapping like frozen elastics.

For his sake and, secondly, for the team, I hope the poor guy's ligaments stop snapping like frozen elastics.
:confused:

Unless I'm mistaken this is the first torn ligament he's had.

:confused:

Unless I'm mistaken this is the first torn ligament he's had.

Sorry about my post. I messed up an edit and it was too late to fix it because you'd already posted a response. I was trying to change from just writing about him to writing about the team, and my cut/paste screwed up. It should have read:

"For his sake, I hope he's 100%. Secondly, for the team, I hope these poor guys' ligaments stop snapping like frozen elastics."

I never seen much of McKenzie in college. Can somene who has seen him play please describe what type of player he is? Run stuffer? Can he offer any pass rush? What was he like in coverage?

Sorry about my post. I messed up an edit and it was too late to fix it because you'd already posted a response. I was trying to change from just writing about him to writing about the team, and my cut/paste screwed up. It should have read:

"For his sake, I hope he's 100%. Secondly, for the team, I hope these poor guys' ligaments stop snapping like frozen elastics."
I still don't get it. He had a torn ACL but you're posting as if he's had ligament tears two or three times.

This appears to be the entirety of his injury history before his torn ACL with us :

"Injury Report

2002: Suffered a broken leg in the second game of his high school junior year, missing the rest of the season after undergoing surgery to have a titanium rod inserted.

2009: Could not complete agility tests at the NFL Combine after he pulled his right hamstring on his second 40-yard dash."

Tyrone McKenzie, South Florida, NFL Draft - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

I never seen much of McKenzie in college. Can somene who has seen him play please describe what type of player he is? Run stuffer? Can he offer any pass rush? What was he like in coverage?
If you look at the link I just gave for the injuries there is an extensive scouting report there.

If you look at the link I just gave for the injuries there is an extensive scouting report there.

Ok thanks. Should be interesting to see if he has anything to offer this year

I still don't get it. He had a torn ACL but you're posting as if he's had ligament tears two or three times.

This appears to be the entirety of his injury history before his torn ACL with us :

"Injury Report

2002: Suffered a broken leg in the second game of his high school junior year, missing the rest of the season after undergoing surgery to have a titanium rod inserted.

2009: Could not complete agility tests at the NFL Combine after he pulled his right hamstring on his second 40-yard dash."

"these poor guys' ligaments" I assume includes Brady, Welker, etc...

"Injury Report

I think he's referring to McKenzie as well as Brady.Welker, Tate collectively in regards to recent ligament tears. Then again it's Deus so I can never be too sure what's going on in his head :cool:

"these poor guys' ligaments" I assume includes Brady, Welker, etc...
OK, I get that now but it's a stupid, unnecessary comment. Being realistic is fine but being a negative ass solely for the sake of being an ass is just stupid.

ZOMG Deus Irae took the internet too far!!1!

Last edited:

"Injury Report

Tate, McKenzie, Brady, Welker... It's been a string of bad luck with the ligaments that I hope comes to an end.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes