PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss: McKenzie to participate fully in offseason activities

Status
Not open for further replies.
So... "snapping like frozen elastics" to describe the ACL situation in New England is over the top, and it's somehow negative, too, somehow, but "negative ass" was somehow an appropriate response?
Uh yeah :D however this is great news I can't wait to see him on the field finally.

My suspicion is that's wrong with Crable is that he isn't good enough to warrant a roster spot. When's the last time a player became a contributor after not even stepping on the field in his first 2 years? Not sure why anyone's holding out hope that he's going to be able to give us anything, at this point.

What I am wondering is if Crable is considered in NFL terms,a rookie or a veteran at this point since he has not played a real down and entering his third season :rolleyes:

He really is one of the more impressive newcomers in a while. Him and Mayo are the two who you just can't help but root for. It will be interesting how Mayo/Guyton/McKenzie split the 2 ILB spots if they all stay at ILB.

Ah, just a minute. Let's see him play before we put him in the Hall of Fame.

That being said, the rest the guys in the draft were, as a whole (i.e. not Brace), excellent. One of the best drafts the Patriots ever had (thanks to Floyd Reese?), reminiscent of incredible drafts that Parcells had (it is not a coincidence that the Patriots defense suffered when the last of the Parcells guy retired last year).

What I am wondering is if Crable is considered in NFL terms,a rookie or a veteran at this point since he has not played a real down and entering his third season :rolleyes:

From what I have seen, he does not look so hot. I expect he will be cut this summer. He is tall and lanky with long arms but does not seem to have a good pass rush move or coverage skills. I certainly hope I am wrong, and he was still learning the system, but I am not optimistic.

I have higher hopes for Mac, only because it was such a good draft (for a change).

Ah, just a minute. Let's see him play before we put him in the Hall of Fame.
By "impressive" I meant as a person. No-one has him starting yet, let alone in the hall of fame.

By "impressive" I meant as a person. No-one has him starting yet, let alone in the hall of fame.

Granted. However Mother Teresa was also very impressive as a person, but she could not tackle worth a lick.

He really is one of the more impressive newcomers in a while. Him and Mayo are the two who you just can't help but root for. It will be interesting how Mayo/Guyton/McKenzie split the 2 ILB spots if they all stay at ILB.

After he was drafted, I actually thought he would see a significant amount of snaps as a rookie -- he's that good. Felt the same about Wheatley. Maybe this will be their season to seriously contribute. If so, that's two relatively high picks we can add to this draft's crop, with the main difference being, both McKenzie and Wheatley are ahead in the mental aspect of their respective positions and overall team D. If BB hits on his picks, this defense could have an infusion of a considerable amount of talent.

Granted. However Mother Teresa was also very impressive as a person, but she could not tackle worth a lick.

Yeah but Mother Teresa was great in coverage so her tackling skills were offset.

lol this made me laugh

Yeah but Mother Teresa was great in coverage so her tackling skills were offset.
People are always looking for the 'big hit' (she got in a couple on world leaders, but not as a rule), solid wrap-up tacklers don't get a lot of credit from fans for doing their job. :snob:

I believe that the proper perspective is that McKenzie is a fine prospect coming back from injury. He is starting over after rehabbing for a year, and having been away from football for a year.

Perhaps some here can give me a list of defensive players who have becaome all-pros after coming into the league after a year of layover for an injury. I don't think that there are many,

So, while I certainly hope that McKenzie will be better for us that Crable and Wheatley, that remains to be seen. And yes, I am absolutely fine if he makes the roster as a backup ILB. He would be well worth the draft choice and the wait.
All-Pro, no. On the bright side this kid went through several transitions in his college career and was consistently good (as in highly productive) despite the disruptions affecting is life - I'm looking for that trend to continue whenever he gets a chance on the field.

I"m as excited about McKenzie, as I am about any second year player. I believe he has the makeup to be special. Imagine, going to all the mtgs, working the game plans, studying the playbook, and rehabing on top of all that. He was a tackling machine in college, and is very mature.

He and Mayo could be special in the middle, and with many quality OLBs in the draft, and 4 picks in the first two rounds, LBs could quickly become a team strength.

I don't mean to jump the gun, but I LOVED this pick at the time, and still do.

All-Pro, no. On the bright side this kid went through several transitions in his college career and was consistently good (as in highly productive) despite the disruptions affecting is life - I'm looking for that trend to continue whenever he gets a chance on the field.

Actually, I'm hoping he's a complete bust. How cool would THAT be?

:bricks:

At the rate he's going odds are he'll collect pension from NFL without having played a down.

At the rate he's going odds are he'll collect pension from NFL without having played a down.

Actually that's true. Crable needs to be on an NFL roster for 4 seasons. He can be IR-ed or PUPed any year and still be fully vested for the year.

Hes got 2 more to go. Then at 55, hes gets I think around $1,300/mo

NFL does a 2 for 1 match for 401k too. They have it good no question.

Last edited:
Mother Teresa? I f****d her. Oh!

Or was that Mother Goose?
In your case...

goose1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes