PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss: Adalius Thomas released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: AD is out!

That doesn't make sense. If AD respected BB than he would have respected Patricia and the chain of command.

That's like saying you have to respect your boss no matter what because you like his boss. AD liked and respected Bill Belichick. He hated Patricia.

For what it is worth both Paschall and Fletcher were on Kiper's short list of "SLEEPERS".

To hear that Fletcher is the all time leader in SACKS for the Big Sky Conference, and to hear that he was the Big Sky Defensive Player of the year, intrigues me.

Me too... anyone know what the knock on him is?

I know this is out there and not going to happen, but I'd like to see the Jets grab Adalius and release Gholston, then us scoop up Gholston and give him a try. I know he's sucked so far, but perhaps a little BB coaching could get him to be a fit in our system.

I know this is out there and not going to happen, but I'd like to see the Jets grab Adalius and release Gholston, then us scoop up Gholston and give him a try. I know he's sucked so far, but perhaps a little BB coaching could get him to be a fit in our system.

Get a first round pick for vet min. haha, be worth a grin, at least.

Re: AD is out! Thomas released today.

So Shockey stopped being a cancer when he got to New Orleans, or he just respects Brees more than Eli?
I would say the former. He was a huge disruption in NY, not as far as I know in NO.

Sometimes players take stuff like this to heart. Look at Irving Fryar. Sometimes they don't.

But the Giants played A LOT better without Shockey than with him.

Last edited:
Best wishes. Schedueled for an evisceration myself just before Memorial Day

FREEDOM!!!

Thanks PWP. While yours is planned... mine definitely wasn't. Pancreatitus. Should be going home tonight if my body cooperates.

Anyways....Glad AD is gone after all the BS he's spewed. And, I owe an apology to Ray Lewis.. You warned us.

That's like saying you have to respect your boss no matter what because you like his boss. AD liked and respected Bill Belichick. He hated Patricia.

Yes. But did he go to BB and say "If you don't like what I'm doing, what do I have to do to get better?" Contrast Maroney and his extra film sessions. If you have trouble with your position coach, it doesn't mean that all of your other options are closed. (And whining in the newspapers is NOT the Patriot way.)

Get a first round pick for vet min. haha, be worth a grin, at least.

not only that, but a chance to make a good player out of a failed Jets draft choice...a high one at that :rofl:

Guyton - Might be able to play on the outside well if Spikes or McKenzie can win a job inside.
Wasn't Guyton an OLB in college that BB moved to the inside?

You can dislike someone and still respect the position and work as a team to get the job done.

My point is that as you say there was such a high-level of respect b/t/w AD and BB, AD would have kept his mouth shut and done his job.

I don't see how this is even debateable. AD undermineded everyone to cover up his own lack of performance- including BB.

Last edited:
Not nearly productive enough for the money we were paying him and had a bad attitude in the locker room. I don't see a problem with this move.

Now watch AD bash the Pats for his forearm rehabilitation and have it turn into one of the biggest scandals of the offseason. :rolleyes:

Per Michael Smith of ESPN, Miami GM has weighed in that Miami has no interest in the player (despite the Nolan connection) because he's "too old" and they just moved on from Jason Taylor. You could probably add to that they had some locker room issues of their own last season and opted to draft 7 of 8 team captains over the weekend...

You can dislike someone and still respect the position and work as a team to get the job done.

My point is that as you say there was such a high-level or respect b/t/w AD and BB, Ad would have kept his mouth shut and done his job.

I don't see how this is even debateable. AD undermineded everyone to cover up his own lack of performance- including BB.

Before this turns into a run away train. Let me make this clear. I disagree with all of AD's actions. Period.

I was merely stating the fact that AD has spoken highly of Bill Belichick in front of me on several occasions. I will leave it at that.

So just to clarify. I'm a die hard Patriots fan and beleive this was indeed the best move for the team.

He cost himself money.

The Patriots would not have cut him if he wasn't a cancer.

No one is going to sign him for 5 million.

Great news, Just wish we could have traded him to Detroit, St. Louis, or Oakland on draft day and got something for him. Ohhh welll...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News