PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss: Adalius Thomas released

Status
Not open for further replies.
A 32 Year Old underperforming linebacker, who missed half the season with a broken arm, who will surely be cut in 10 months when his contact number reaches approximately $10 million per, should be very, very, quiet.

The above post is mine from 4/8/2009, after AD threatened to fake injuries to miss games if the season was expanded. To be fair, I missed by 2 months.
Good call.

Re: AD is out! Thomas released today.

Addition by subtraction. I'm convinced that if Shockey hadn't gone on IR, the Giants never would have won the superbowl.

So Shockey stopped being a cancer when he got to New Orleans, or he just respects Brees more than Eli?

So Shockey stopped being a cancer when he got to New Orleans, or he just respects Brees more than Eli?

i think he just doesnt have ill feelings towards payton like he did towards coughlin....

but thats only theory

(and yea, who wouldnt respect brees more than eli? lol)

The timing is understood, as if they want to bring in their UDFA's they have to get below 80 by Thursday.. right now they are at 82...

I read that somewhere, forget the source.. my brain hurts.

Re: AD is out!

AD respected BB... his 'issue' was with Matt Patricia.

UMMM.....I think u have your facts wrong. It was BB who tossed him and the others, out for being late. Unless, of course, you have something to back this up?

A necessary move, and one that should help make our locker room more cohesive. But as has been said, aside from Banta-Cain we don't have another starting OLB now (frustrating as Thomas was, he was still our 2nd best OLB overall).

I expect an addition or two as other players are cut, but otherwise we're hoping one of the following steps up big time:

Woods - seems unlikely by this point, though he's a solid backup and ST'er

Ninkovich - An unknown. I liked his energy at times last year, we'll see.

Crable - LONG shot

Cunningham - Might be the best talent in the group, but still a rookie making a position change. Can't expect more than spot duty at first.

Guyton - Might be able to play on the outside well if Spikes or McKenzie can win a job inside.

They were contemplating cutting him in NO at the start of last season. I think Payton, who is a tough nut in his own right, finally managed to humble Shockey. He wasn't a star let alone the star in NO.

I was hoping they might let him dangle for a while longer just to minimize his options going forward. But he probably had some money coming to him. What a disappointing player.

The timing is understood, as if they want to bring in their UDFA's they have to get below 80 by Thursday.. right now they are at 82...

And the same scenario impacts a team thinking about signing a released veteran FA. NY or any other team might have to forego an UDFA or another released player to add AD.

That is one of the things that pissed Faneca off about being released now instead of last month or last week.

Last edited:
I was hoping they might let him dangle for a while longer just to minimize his options going forward. But he probably had some money coming to him. What a disappointing player.
Yeah it really was disappointing paying him all that money. I remember when we signed him he was tauted as the best LB out there, and it was a coup that we got him.............................................................................................................Nothing

Last edited:

The signing of Warren brought them to 67. I believe they have 6 UDFA lined up to be signed. That would be 73. Cutting AD brings therm to 72. Draft picks don't count until actually signed.

I don't pretend to know what happened here. When we signed him, it was like the Second Coming. Now, I guess it's just good riddance, I guess, but I just wonder how all parties could have avoided it coming to this.

Last edited:
Thank you for your years of service, Mr. Thomas. Good luck with your next team.*

*I do hope you suck in any game you play against the Patriots, though.

Good riddance to bad rubbish...Now, lets go out and sign Big John Henderson!:rocker:

Thank you for the update. Been in the hospital since Sat. Night so I haven't had a lot of access.

Best wishes. Schedueled for an evisceration myself just before Memorial Day

FREEDOM!!!

Last edited:
Re: AD is out!

Over/Under is 2 weeks after he signs with his new team when the public bashing of BB will occur. SMY already has the exclusive.

Huge addition by subtraction! What a locker room cancer. Bad influence on the "kids". Excuse maker! 'I'm right and everybody else is wrong' type.

You're right, he will be bashing BB for all his problems, because he's classless and won't EVER point the finger at himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft