PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss: Adalius Thomas released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: AD is out! Thomas released today.

Not only is this guy a douche but he now is a terrible LB, I HOPE the Jets sign him this guy is cooked.

I doubt just one guy can poison the locker room though, any other guesses at who might be the bad seeds in the locker room?

Re: AD is out!

Not this one. Cut the be-atch.

I saw him in December at Spain in Warwick, RI. I didn't want to bother him during dinner so when he was leaving I got up and told him I'm a big Pats fan and wished him luck and just wanted to shake his hand. I stuck my hand out and hHe looked at me like I was wearing a Klan mask and kind of huffed and gave me a fist bump instead.

Later I found out that he had been sent home from practice that day for being late! He was drowing his sorrows in margaritas, the woman.

The fist bump I can understand. Even being a little standoffish and POed after being embarassed by BB is somewhat excusible. Too bad he wasn't a little more accepting.

But having a marg??? Being a beer, scotch and bourban guy, that doesn't compute. Whats next Pommegranete martinis?

Last edited:
Re: Reiss: Adalius Thomas informed of release

Is this a message board or a newspaper? Who edited my subject line? Was it somehow misleading? Man, THAT is one of things I REALLY hate about paying to help support this site. Whoever it was, relax your anus, man.

Re: Reiss: Adalius Thomas informed of release

better now w/o a cap, next year he would count against it if released then....

so back to analyzing the 53 (not that many ppl actually were counting him)

re: Reiss: AD released

Wonder if his toes are up today?

Re: Reiss: AD released

The air in and around Gillette smells better already.
Bye bye loser!

Wonder how long before he is a Jet? If he goes somewhere and has a great year we will know he was not trying here.

That is possible. Or, it could be that Dean Pees (now a linebackers coach somewhere, I forget) didn't use him properly. I was hoping Belichick would keep him and that AD would have a rebound year with Belichick running the D.

Re: Reiss: AD released

Anybody think this was one of the moves on Kraft's mind when he talked about there being a 2nd FA season this year?

Good move and good news

Over/Under is 2 weeks after he signs with his new team when the public bashing of BB will occur. SMY already has the exclusive.

AD respected BB... his 'issue' was with Matt Patricia.

That is possible. Or, it could be that Dean Pees (now a linebackers coach somewhere, I forget) didn't use him properly. I was hoping Belichick would keep him and that AD would have a rebound year with Belichick running the D.

If BB didn't think Pees was using AD properly, the issue would have been fixed right then a there.

The release is simple. Hes not a fit in the locker room and doesn't produce on the field.

Good Ridance

This team is better without him.
Addition by subtraction. I'm convinced that if Shockey hadn't gone on IR, the Giants never would have won the superbowl.

AD respected BB... his 'issue' was with Matt Patricia.

That doesn't make sense. If AD respected BB than he would have respected Patricia and the chain of command.

TrueBeliever's Bold Prediction: If Thomas isn't signed by the Jets, he will sign with the Browns.

Then again now that Mike Holmgren is calling those shots instead of Mangina...

We could got at least a 7th pick this year
And you know this how????

The fact that he was released right after the draft ought to tell you otherwise, that BB tried to get a pick for him and could not.

And who would pay his $5 mil salary by trading when they can now sign him for whatever the market is for troukble-makers with low production. Hint: it will be less than $5 mil a year.

A 32 Year Old underperforming linebacker, who missed half the season with a broken arm, who will surely be cut in 10 months when his contact number reaches approximately $10 million per, should be very, very, quiet.

The above post is mine from 4/8/2009, after AD threatened to fake injuries to miss games if the season was expanded. To be fair, I missed by 2 months.

Last edited:
Don't let the door hit you on your arse on the way out. Probably will be a Jets and further turn their lockerroom into the biggest powder keg ready to burst in the league. At least Bryan Thomas might be available if they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back