PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Record for no back-to-back losses

Status
Not open for further replies.

40yrpatsfan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Is anyone else as impressed as I am about the Pats potentially breaking this record of no back-to-back losses? I wasn't aware of it until last week, that we've gone like 53 games without losing 2 in row, and the record is 60 games held by the 49er's.

It's hard to picture the Pats losing 2 in a row over the next 8 games, so this record is very likely to be broken. To me, that will cement the Patriot's legacy as one of the great dynasties of all time, even if we don't win another SB any time soon.

Last edited:
40yrpatsfan said:
Is anyone else as impressed as I am about the Pats potentially breaking this record of no back-to-back losses? I wasn't aware of it until last week, that we've gone like 53 games without losing 2 in row, and the record is 60 games held by the 49er's.

It's hard to picture the Pats losing 2 in a row over the next 8 games, so this record is very likely to be broken. To me, that will cement the Patriot's legacy as one of the great dynasties of all time, even if we don't win another SB any time soon.

It's an amazing testament to the will of this team, and to their consistency. NFA, boys, NFA!

It's really not that surprising though when you consider that 2003 and 2004 were 14-2 seasons each. But It's amazing to me that last season we still managed never to lose twice in a row. 2005 was a rough season, so that's a good feat right there.

First of all, don't jinx us this early in the year.

Secondly, I prefer the record win streak. This record seems a little contrived to me, I'm not sure how much of a blip on the radar it will be that we have a record based on losing a game and then winning the next. :eek:

5 Rings for Brady!! said:
Secondly, I prefer the record win streak. This record seems a little contrived to me, I'm not sure how much of a blip on the radar it will be that we have a record based on losing a game and then winning the next. :eek:
Sure, it's a bit if a non record that won't exactly go down in history but it's still a very impressive statement on consistency, taking losses personally and not playing two bad games in a row.

If my calculations are right they could tie it against Chicago and beat it against Detroit.

BelichickFan said:
Sure, it's a bit if a non record that won't exactly go down in history but it's still a very impressive statement on consistency, taking losses personally and not playing two bad games in a row.

It's not at all a non-record to me.. If you never lose back to back games, then you never have a losing record. It's a big statement on being a winning organization.

I only find it partially impressive... its great that they always bounce back from a loss with a win for this stretch, but technically a .500 team could hold this record as well.

I like our consecutive win record much much better!

PatsRI said:
If my calculations are right they could tie it against Chicago and beat it against Detroit.

While you are at it, can you tell me what the Dow Jones will be at that time, also the price of gas? And, what is the Powerball winning number? Thanks! ;)

JoeSixPat said:
I only find it partially impressive... its great that they always bounce back from a loss with a win for this stretch, but technically a .500 team could hold this record as well.

I like our consecutive win record much much better!

To me it's a lot more impressive than that. There haven't been any .500 teams that are anywhere near this record. What are the chances that a .500 team wouldn't lose more than 1 in a row over a 4 year period?

It is a record that connotes excellence, not mediocrity. The fact that only the great 49er dynasty has of the 80's-90's has a longer streak kind of says it all. It's an amazing record.

40yrpatsfan said:
To me it's a lot more impressive than that. There haven't been any .500 teams that are anywhere near this record. What are the chances that a .500 team wouldn't lose more than 1 in a row over a 4 year period?

It is a record that connotes excellence, not mediocrity. The fact that only the great 49er dynasty has of the 80's-90's has a longer streak kind of says it all. It's an amazing record.

You are really getting carried away. ESPN will announce the record if we are so fortunate as to break it, and then we will never hear about it again.

It just isn't the same as a win streak or superbowl or records based on WINNING!

You are really getting carried away. ESPN will announce the record if we are so fortunate as to break it, and then we will never hear about it again.

It just isn't the same as a win streak or superbowl or records based on WINNING!

Doesn't the multi-year lack of a 'losing streak' mean that you're winning some games? I don't get the lack of appreciation for a great accomplishment around here.

Should they break the record, it will go along with all the other records set by this club since 2001 as a testament to our consistent excellence during this period.

It's an awesome record. It show's a very consistently competitive team. I put it right behind the 21 in a row record.

Last edited:
I will love this record if we get it (i'll bet we will). this speakes to mental toughness and the ability to bounce back from adversity. Consistency is something BB and this org values this streak speaks to just that.

Brownfan80 said:
Doesn't the multi-year lack of a 'losing streak' mean that you're winning some games? I don't get the lack of appreciation for a great accomplishment around here.

Should they break the record, it will go along with all the other records set by this club since 2001 as a testament to our consistent excellence during this period.

Fine. Then let's allow them to achieve the record before we start bragging about it too much. I think it shows a lack of respect for the effort that will have to go into earning this record if we talk about it now like it is a 'sure thing'. Not suggesting that anyone is doing that, of course. ;)

I like to take things one game at a time.

Fine. Then let's allow them to achieve the record before we start bragging about it too much. I think it shows a lack of respect for the effort that will have to go into earning this record if we talk about it now like it is a 'sure thing'. Not suggesting that anyone is doing that, of course. ;)

how 'bout you don't talk about it then?
don't tell us what to talk about.
we'll discuss it all we want.

if you like to take games one at a time then do it.
don't spend your time trying to police conversation topics on message boards.
it's pathetic.

Out of any of the records that this club has achieved, I'd say that this one is just about as close to a 'sure thing' as you can get. I'm sure not going to sit around chewing my nails over 2 losses in a row like I was at 20 games out of the 21. The great thing about consistency is that there's little reason not to have faith in it while it's occuring. ;)

Brownfan80 said:
Out of any of the records that this club has achieved, I'd say that this one is just about as close to a 'sure thing' as you can get. I'm sure not going to sit around chewing my nails over 2 losses in a row like I was at 20 games out of the 21. The great thing about consistency is that there's little reason not to have faith in it while it's occuring. ;)

I agree.
I think it's less likely that the pats will lose 2 in a row very shortly,
then it is that they won't.

The pats are a strong, well run team, with a great ability to game plan and adapt. They run into their occasional struggles, but it's usually not that severe and it usually doesn't last that long. Their braintrust is really good at figuring out what needs to be done and gettin' er done.

While nothing is a given, I'd say we have a greast shot at this record. If we fall short - we still came close which is still a testament to how consistantly successful we've been. I'll say this, I think there's also the possibility that we could continue our streak well past the record. How 'bout that?
Hope that doesn't make our insecure posters nervous

Brownfan80 said:
If you never lose back to back games, then you never have a losing record.
Unless you're 0-1 ... or 1-2 ... or 2-3 ...

Fencer said:
Unless you're 0-1 ... or 1-2 ... or 2-3 ...

By the end of the season, if you never have a back to back loss the worst you can do is 8-8.

0-1
1-1
1-2
2-2
2-3
3-3
3-4
4-4
4-5
5-5
5-6
6-6
6-7
7-7
7-8
8-8
I meant final record, as in after the season is over (since we're talking about long term consistency here, I thought that was obvious).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back