PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots record breaking run.. nothing to be proud of

DarrylS

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score

#1. The Patriots have been shut out twice at home this season for the first time in franchise history

#2. The Patriots did not score any first-half points in back-to-back games for the first time since 1993

#3. The Patriots have now lost five games in a row for the first time since 1995

#4. The Patriots are the first team since 1938 to allow just 10 points or less in three straight games and lose them all

I have been a forever BB apologist forever, but time to blow this up big time tired of watching uncomplimentary football, reminds me of the 90's... this is "cringeworthy, unwatchable football" all three phases suck big time.
PS I stole this from Musket fire.. give credit where credit is due.

If I was petty I'd save usernames and posts of everyone calling for BB's head when we have some new HC doing far worse and now calling for their head. Some posters are just permanently jaded. I bet most didn't even enjoy the ride up.

#1. The Patriots have been shut out twice at home this season for the first time in franchise history

#2. The Patriots did not score any first-half points in back-to-back games for the first time since 1993

#3. The Patriots have now lost five games in a row for the first time since 1995

#4. The Patriots are the first team since 1938 to allow just 10 points or less in three straight games and lose them all

I have been a forever BB apologist forever, but time to blow this up big time tired of watching uncomplimentary football, reminds me of the 90's... this is "cringeworthy, unwatchable football" all three phases suck big time.
PS I stole this from Musket fire.. give credit where credit is due.
How does the defense suck big time?

If I was petty I'd save usernames and posts of everyone calling for BB's head when we have some new HC doing far worse and now calling for their head. Some posters are just permanently jaded. I bet most didn't even enjoy the ride up.
Everyone who has ever done the job has ups and downs. We have the greatest ever and people think the solution to the down times is to dump them for tbd.

What would "far worse" look like exactly?

OT: I believe the Joe Paterno rump swabbers kept receipts of all his naysayers too...........................right up until he want Full Joe Pa

OT 2.0: Paterno embraced nepotism much like our dear leader

Ghost Story Horror GIF by TrueReal

Do it and share with me please
Everyone who has ever done the job has ups and downs. We have the greatest ever and people think the solution to the down times is to dump them for tbd.
Its like they forgot that ten years ago we were sitting on 3 titles. Every team in the league would sign up for the last five years if it meant they got the last ten years. And then they all would sign up for ten more just to see if it could happen again. See Grudens contract as an example and he's not even close to Bill.

OT: I believe the Joe Paterno rump swabbers kept receipts of all his naysayers too...........................right up until he want Full Joe Pa

OT 2.0: Paterno embraced nepotism much like our dear leade
Far worse is when you're in the bottom of the league year after year even though you have talented players on the roster. Look at the Chargers for example.

Weird comparison to make to Joe Paterno.

OT 2.0: Paterno embraced nepotism much like our dear leader

Ghost Story Horror GIF by TrueReal
Terrible example no one is advocating for 20 more years nevermind the rest of that story

Far worse is when you're in the bottom of the league year after year even though you have talented players on the roster. Look at the Chargers for example.

Weird comparison to make to Joe Paterno.
The only difference between reality and this scenario is we’d have talented players

I don’t know if that’s better or worse than being at the bottom of the league without much talent

The only difference between reality and this scenario is we’d have talented players

I don’t know if that’s better or worse than being at the bottom of the league without much talent
Underperforming with a talented roster is a far worse hell. Go check in on Bucs fans about the Todd Bowles years, the Chargers this year, or the Falcons after the Super Bowl

It is a risk that the new coach will be just as bad as the 2-15 or 3-15 that we will probably be this year. I am very much ok with that risk.

4 years of sucking is enough to move on to whoever is next.

I am 100% going to call out these people when they ***** about whoever is next.

I am 100% going to call out these people when they ***** about whoever is next.
Why? Saying the current thing isn't working and it's time to move on doesn't mean a free pass from criticism from the next guy.... You move on from what isn't working, try something else, if it works you keep it, if it doesn't you move on and try something new. If it's a mixed bag you identify what is working and what isn't and see what the best path forward is.

Belichick's most recent 5 years are not acceptable. His prior 20 years is what spared him before this total nadir. Say "the next guy might not work" is not a reason to stick with what isn't working. It's like dating girl who sucks in bed and can't hold a conversation, but you stay with her because it's no guarantee the next girl you decide to date is better.

Why? Saying the current thing isn't working and it's time to move on doesn't mean a free pass from criticism from the next guy.... You move on from what isn't working, try something else, if it works you keep it, if it doesn't you move on and try something new. If it's a mixed bag you identify what is working and what isn't and see what the best path forward is.

Belichick's most recent 5 years are not acceptable. His prior 20 years is what spared him before this total nadir. Say "the next guy might not work" is not a reason to stick with what isn't working. It's like dating girl who sucks in bed and can't hold a conversation, but you stay with her because it's no guarantee the next girl you decide to date is better.
Because these people have *****ed about Bill all along. Long before the last 5 years. The team was still putting banners up and they complained.

It is a risk that the new coach will be just as bad as the 2-15 or 3-15 that we will probably be this year. I am very much ok with that risk.

4 years of sucking is enough to move on to whoever is next.
Agreed.

Yeah, he could be worse. Don't know yet. What is known is that bad drafting, signings, personnel decisions etc has been going on for five plus seasons'.

The new guy coming in and bombing does not mean Belichick should have stayed. It means the organization picked the wrong replacement. They aren't mutually exclusive imo.

I know people weren't happy with how 2021 ended, but I wish people wouldn't forget that there was a point in the season where we were the first seed in the AFC and we went to the playoffs that year. I'm fine with saying we suck now and Bill should be fired. But it's been two really terrible seasons following a mediocre to not-half-bad season.

Take that, all you fans that were beaming with pride about this team!

Because these people have *****ed about Bill all along. Long before the last 5 years. The team was still putting banners up and they complained.
Then they'll complain about anything. That doesn't change the fact that Bill isn't working and that it's time to move on even if we can't guarantee the next person is the answer. You can't let fear out of stagnation stop attempts at succeeding.

Yea, I'll take my chances with a new HC that actually knows how to change the clock in his car.

We have the worse GM/HC in the NFL by far. When you lose to Brandon ****ing Staley that says it all.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back